Sign in to follow this  
Wiki

[CAMP] Afghan War Diary

When OA try to load 8. mission (in version 1.1), game crashes (exits to desktop) with "Error in campaign structure" message.

Missions are generally good. Eexcept Seal Team Six this is one of the best campaign i've played in ARMA. Well balanced, quiet realistic, diverse.

Maybe additional addons are unecessary (yes, i know - female-soldiers).

Four annoying things are present:

1. To many dialogs during pure action. All these soldiers talks like woman :)

There is mission when I jump from the chopper strait into the mess using a rope, and there are so many text, i have time to read only 20%.

In first mission when i try to kill enemy, somebody talk and talk and i don't really have a chance to spot enemy and read it.

2. When somethings go wrong (some hostages dies or too many civilians die) mission ends immediately. I haven't even a chance to load previous save. This is VERY annoying.

3. Mission with A-10 is hmmm... strange. I like it, but watching all these silhouettes of enemy soldiers on the ground is unrealistic/boring/eyes tyiring(?). Much better to fight against infrantry are choppers.

4. Dialogs (all of them) are too fast. I'm foreigner (as you see reading this text), and i have the impression that it could be even 50 % slower.

Howgh.

Ok, I'll delete some dialogs for next release.

Also, I will make a chance for the player to load a previous save if hostages die or if civilians are killed.

By the way, the problem for mission 8 is fixed in the link I gave above

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N8D2ZST0

the link on armaholic is not the good one

version 1.2 to be released soon

Big thank you Big! :D

Mission updated version 1.2

Changelog:

-slow down all the dialogs

-fix problem mission 8

-mission 4 and mission 5: you've got a hint when the hostage die or when too many civilians are killed. That way, you can relorad a previous savegame before the mission ends

Link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XOKVMHK3

Hello WIKI,

i played your campaign...and like to say, that the rework you did, made the campaign much better.

Wow for the fun i have had... a wow for the storyline and a great wow for all the effort you put into your projekt.

I´ve made a review about the campaign.

If you interested have a look:

http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=forumsthread&threadid=772&entries=0#post5790

Thanks alot and keep up your awesome work!

Best regards

McLupo

thanks for your feedback and review mister McLupo! Glad you enjoyed it.

For future plan, I intend to make a french army version, when Operation Frenchpoint release their new addons

Edited by Wiki

Just finished v1.2 of Afghan war diary.

In 04-operation eagle claw, evac heli sometime dont wont to land but I target him with my mouse and give my team order to get in and then hi come back for us and we fly to base. I think that action in action menu wenn we have too free 2 p.o.w is in french language not in english or im wrong? :)

07-Warthog im try many times this mission but i cant

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Kill those insurgents from A-10, maybe im a very bad A-10 pilot against infantry ;) i use cheat to end.

In mission Cas somtime if you dont kill fast all enemis heli after few rounds around that conwoy [close to town Imarat] will be stand in the air, and you cant do nothing.

Ps: Very good campaign. Nice "easter eggs" about Jill, Umbrella, Raccon city.

Edited by tom3kb

I'm working on an update right now.

should release new version withing 2 weeks maximum

Nice campaign, very entertaining, thanks for the HUGE work, and I mean it.

Always nice to have a FAMAS in hand...

Some problems though.

playing campaign V2.0, on ARMA2 OA 1.6 with only required mods

Minor one:

On the second mission - sweeping the village, my team stops searching insurgents event if there are two left alive.

I had to search & kill them all by myself, made me proud though...

On the third mission - night mission to free the prisoners

- either I or my buddy on the rope gets killed each time on the fast rope descent

I do not know if I fall on him or if it is the rope which kills him or me

I would guess the rope. The other two are fine on the ground.

Major:

- at the end of the mission, with all my team dead (I know I know ) the chopper takes me and the two prisoners

but the END never triggers, the chopper stay stationary at the border of the destination airport.

I can make it land with disembark command but then we are alone, at the airport and still no end triggering.

Thanks again.

A propos, quel est le forum que vous utilisez ? bistudio ou armaholic ou les deux ? Merci

On the second mission - sweeping the village, my team stops searching insurgents event if there are two left alive.

sorry for that, but i think this is due to ArmA 2 AI... I dunno how to fix this out.

On the third mission - night mission to free the prisoners

- either I or my buddy on the rope gets killed each time on the fast rope descent

I do not know if I fall on him or if it is the rope which kills him or me

I would guess the rope. The other two are fine on the ground.

Major:

- at the end of the mission, with all my team dead (I know I know ) the chopper takes me and the two prisoners

but the END never triggers, the chopper stay stationary at the border of the destination airport.

I can make it land with disembark command but then we are alone, at the airport and still no end triggering.

ok, i'm gonna check this.

strange for chopper thing, I made the endtrigger when you were in the chopper... gonna check it

and for the rope thing, do you always die? or is this random?

thanks

@Wiki Hello there! Perhaps you still have this campaign somewhere? I'm revisiting Arma 2 and OFP content lately.