Sign in to follow this  
Gorror

ArmA 3 will be available on Steam?

Hello everyone.

I just want to make this thread,for know if ArmA 3 will be available on Steam. Because i just bought a lot of dlcs for ArmA 2,and,i decided to not buy BF3(because it won't be on Steam,and Origin sucks) i wanted to know if ArmA 3 will be on Steam too.

Thank you.

I hope that it will be possible to prepurchase it. Ok thanks for your reply

Still, if you would like a digital copy of Arma 3, i highly recommend you

SPROCKET

You will get the game faster, easier and directly support the team :)

Still, if you would like a digital copy of Arma 3, i highly recommend you

SPROCKET

You will get the game faster, easier and directly support the team :)

+1 to this.

My internet is shit, and could probably get to the shop and back and install the game and complete the single player campaign... Before ive downloaded,

But ill still download it to support BIS.

I can't leave Steam for this i got more than 80 games in my account.

I can't leave Steam for this i got more than 80 games in my account.

You dont have to leave steam to use something else. ;)

Though personally i havent used sprocket yet, i bought the DLC's from GamersGate since they have better payment options for me.

Yeah even if Sprocket works better, I'd still like to have it on Steam as steam is easily accessed for multiple games and PCs.

Instead of having to install download from Steam, Sprocket, and etc. I rather just have steam. Regardless, if it's on steam or not I'll buy it.

Yeah even if Sprocket works better, I'd still like to have it on Steam as steam is easily accessed for multiple games and PCs.

Instead of having to install download from Steam, Sprocket, and etc. I rather just have steam. Regardless, if it's on steam or not I'll buy it.

It's even easier from Sprocket. You download it, you install it, you enjoy it. You move to a new computer, you download it (or just bring the install file over on a USB drive), install it and enjoy it.

From Steam you download Steam. Install Steam. Update Steam. Update Steam again. Wait for the game to download. Wait for the game to patch. Enjoy. Wait a day for the patch to be available for the game. Reinstall the whole game. You move to a new computer, you download Steam, install steam, patch steam, hope you have internet on your other computer because Steam won't let you play your single player game without it unless you set it up in advance, download your game again.

*Steam this and that*

Oooookay...

Usually I just copy-paste my Steam-folder to the new machine and everything works :D

Sprocket: You download it, you install it, you enjoy it.

You move to a new computer, you download it (or just bring the install file over on a USB drive), install it and enjoy it.

Steam: You download Steam, Install Steam, Wait for the game to download. Enjoy.

You move to a new computer, you download Steam, install steam, Wait for the game to download (or just bring the game backup/install file over on a USB drive), Enjoy.

Fixed it for you.

(Still, Sprocket for the win)

Fixed it for you.

(Still, Sprocket for the win)

Except in cases where Steam is already installed, then you can skip the first two steps for Steam. ;)

Except in cases where Steam is already installed, then you can skip the first two steps for Steam. ;)

Exactly, and Sprocket also needs to install its own software.

_neo_

I bought A CSS pack a while ago (had some other parominent valve games) and upon installing learned I had to install Steam to play. I did but there was an error, (i dont remember what) and I looked up the lisitng of the error on the troubleshoot page and did what it said to do. It didn't work. So I started the process over. Twice. Same issue. (Then on top of that my gaming computer died shortly after, but that's another story) so basically steam prevented me from playing the games I payed for intially and it kind of irks me that such prominent,required service should just fuck up like that leave me no oppourtunity to enjoy my purchase(s).

Exactly, and Sprocket also needs to install its own software.

_neo_

you don't if you use the FTP mirror ... :cool:

I had my Steam account hacked, and during the week it took to rectify it I couldn't play, and after the week it took to rectify it, my saves for my games were lost. I use Sprocket now, which doesn't insist on controlling my game access :)

I had my Steam account hacked, and during the week it took to rectify it I couldn't play, and after the week it took to rectify it, my saves for my games were lost. I use Sprocket now, which doesn't insist on controlling my game access :)

Don't want to sound like a Steam Fanlegion (as I'm not), but you getting your steam account "hacked" is purely your fault. I wouldn't consider it hacked, but more like you fell for some social engineering or you gave your PW out.

Don't want to sound like a Steam Fanlegion (as I'm not), but you getting your steam account "hacked" is purely your fault. I wouldn't consider it hacked, but more like you fell for some social engineering or you gave your PW out.

LOL, thanks for the vote of confidence :D but nope, nope, nope. If someone got my PW then it certainly wasn't because I gave it out, never. As such, it was hacked.

I wonder if Sprocket version of AA3 will be DRM-free or will the DRM will be removed in later patches as always (seeing as Sprocket is mentioned here so a little relevant "hijack" wouldn't hurt) ?

Hi!

Long time since I was here. Just want to give my opinion on this, plz don´t use STEAM. For all of us who doesnt play on the net its just a bloody annoyance. I have games that I dont play because I just dont want to anymore, but I cant even give them away (boxed versions that is) because they are locked to my account on STEAM. EVERY singel game I bought have had problems on releaseday because of the STEAM servers are full...big point in preorder there...etc....

So plz, use conventional DRM if necessery.

kind regards, Daniel

They use Steam and other distribution methods. It will only require steam if you buy it on steam (and even then, if you run beta patches you do not need steam).

I'm hoping with the Steam version of the game that there are more Steamworks options, Achievements, Steamcloud and the like.

Sprocket/Retail is the best way to go for hardcore modders. If not, Steam is always very handy.

The game SHOULD be available to be activated on steam, I see no downsides.