Sign in to follow this  
ravendk

Cobra Vipers MK11 WIP

vipersr.th.jpg

G.I. Joe Cobra Vipers

Heres something i fumbled with.. just a small side project..

If anyone got some cool guns for them let me know :)

Dude someone did some cool reskins of stock weapons. Do search for scifi guns or gray guns. They would fit well with these. Might as well do reskins of stock vehicles also to fit the units.

I have been wanting a GI Joe mod in the worst way! Was thinking of making one when Arma 3 comes out. These look great, keep up the excellent work

Oh man, no way! Haha, brings back memories of watching G.I. Joe before going off to school. Nice one! :D

Dude, I was going to do the same thing. I was going to try to make a Cobra army. Retexturing any vehicles that were simlar or even making new ones.

I was going to go for a real world angle. Figure out how I can make them work as if they were a real army somehow. but only if there was a real interest in the community.

The PRACS mod kind of got me thinking of doing it. They pulled theirs off nicely.

Victim if your up for it we could join forces..

Blackfox. heh, making the joes is exactly what im planing not to do :D (theres well enough bluefor ;) )

Anywho, time for an update :)

cobraposter.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Public beta:

http://www.mediafire.com/?uxkcp5o34rgd5mw

WP Cobra Vipers and Troops

Cobra troops:

Basic infantry of cobra, simple outfit. Classic blue uniform and russian equipment.

Cobra vipers:

Elite infantry of cobra, more advanced outfit. Allso in a classic blue uniform but with more hitech equipment.

Q: Why the blue uniform?

A: Ive looked all over for a propper reason, could be cos colour dosnt matter much in Urban envirorment or cos they were cheap.. i simply dont know :)

Q: Weapons, what do they use?

A: The troops use pretty standard AK47's and other russian kit. The vipers on the other hand are more advanced, SCAR's and other western gear, not a force you should underestimate.

Q: Any vehicles?

A: Not atm but i were working on a Rattler (A10) but for some reason the USAF markings keept shining tru, but if anyone feels like they want to help with this stuff, feel free to contact me.

Required stuff?

McNools White/grey Winter/Scifi-Weapons

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13468

Edit. I tryed doing a A10~Rattler but the USAF markings keep shining try even when i changed the smdi .. so its canned atm.. but if anyone feels like helping with stuff for this feel free to let me know :)

Edited by RavenDK

You are the man! I have been waiting for a GI Joe mod since Arma 2 was released. Thanks for this, I hope there are more on the way. If modding is in my future I will help expand on this. Learned recently that Arma 2 stuff will be easily portable to Arma 3 so any work now won't be lost in translation.

Yes, I'm sorry even with a lot of BLUFOR, Cobra can't be complete without the joes to battle them.

Yes, I'm sorry even with a lot of BLUFOR, Cobra can't be complete without the joes to battle them.

It seems that DK isn't willing to spend much time on this side-project of his to make the Joes. Can't wait to see what you come up with, then.

Abs

True Abs :)

We'r drowning is us special forces :D but if someone reskin team sabre (or what those US marine recon units are called) it would be very easy to make Leathernech, Duke, Roadblock and more i can rember the names of :D

But speaking of Joes Abs, your RG31 could be a cool Joe vehicle :)

thing is those are BIS models so we can't really do that persay...

I have no experience modeling, but I'd be willing to try to learn the texturing with photoshop and such. I've played around with us for silly things

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6961/arma22010081400154122.png

This was helping Killerc22 on his American Law Enforcement Pack, we were making some funny ones based of things like these

GaZLXkKUxw4

True Abs :)

We'r drowning is us special forces :D but if someone reskin team sabre (or what those US marine recon units are called) it would be very easy to make Leathernech, Duke, Roadblock and more i can rember the names of :D

But speaking of Joes Abs, your RG31 could be a cool Joe vehicle :)

Feel free. ;)

I've sent it to NZXSHADOWS to finish off, but I've also said that it's available for anyone...so if you want to wait for him to reskin it, you have my blessings. If you want to finish it off yourself, I can send you the last source files I have (which may not be the latest, as it appears that some work has been done since I've handed it off).

Keep up the good work, DK. :)

Abs

Now your just trying to make me create some joes Abs :) Im on to you ;)

Now your just trying to make me create some joes Abs :) Im on to you ;)

Hahaha! You've known me for too long. ;)

Abs

Id might make a simple reskin of the standard us army dude and remove the wienerplate.. but then you have to make a dual .50 cal mount.. deal? :D

I'll model it if you unwrap, texture, and LOD it. ;)

Abs

[Edit: Okay I'll even unwrap it, too.]

Let's talk in PM regarding this. I've got obligations with W39, so if you can help them out with getting some existing models in-game, it'll free me up to work on this from scratch. :)

Abs

You owe me $8 for making me buy GI Joe The Movie from Amazon after seeing this mod.