Sign in to follow this  
buliwyf

ARMA 2: OA beta build 83657

check this

T90 has never been on a battlefield yet,but knowing its armor,i believe it's at least equal to normal abrams one.

That's T90S export version of the tank. I think King Homer posted his used sources in some of the T90 related tickets (for original T90 and T90A (stronger turret) variant).

Edited by Sickboy

T90 's armor version is ,on paper ,weaker than TUSK's one but can't be less than M1A1's one.And another thing that makes me believe in that is that T90 was developped after the gulf war where T72S were smashed by M1A1.

changing T90's armor value to 850 is fair.

New CIT ticket:

Helicopters don't detect infantrymen (AA units especially) from acceptable range

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23388

That's with infantrymen moving and in clear line of sight, no cover involved (tested on UTES airstrip).

* Due to this issue helicopters are almost unable to defend themselves against AA infantry (they detect infantry as close as 50-100m.).

* Also Close Air Support is problematic since helicopters and planes can't detect too well infantrymen on ground.

Speculation: looks like a detection issue to me, not an identification issue.

Need to be careful on the fix though as potentially fixing it allow chopper to target lock and shoot missiles on infantry.

Anyone experienced respawning away from your death spot (100m-300m) after being revived by another player?

Happened in 2 different mp missions that never had any problem.

In one case you could see the revived player being thrown away 100m where he died again.

Need to be careful on the fix though as potentially fixing it allow chopper to target lock and shoot missiles on infantry.

...how?

...how?

I am no developer but I reckon something similar to AT targeting and use AT weapon on armor by setting the missiles cost higher than infantry i guess. Probably there are other better workaround.

No, I meant how is the fix going to cause choppers to use AT missiles on infantry?

EDIT - Oh, so you mean institute a radar entry for infantry? Gotta be a better way to do it.

Anyone experienced respawning away from your death spot (100m-300m) after being revived by another player?

Happened in 2 different mp missions that never had any problem.

In one case you could see the revived player being thrown away 100m where he died again.

Yes, I can confirm this.

After healing another player you are stuck in the medic animation (reported in previous beta) for some time 30-60s after he is once again mobile.

With beta 83657 you now also get randomly teleported 2-300m away from currently location at end of heal animation.

While you're looking at the first aid stuff, could you make a healed players aim stay much worse for a period after they are healed; maybe one or two minutes so that there is more of a penalty for getting shot?

It also would be great if the first aid module didn't kick in immediately on 1% injured, let us experience the damage in arm/legged injuries first, before bleeding or being injured further and going into the full writhing in agony anim.

Thanks Suma, for all the fixes and improvements over the last couple of weeks, massive progress ...and of course to all those posting tickets and creating detailed repro's.

Protegimus

I just noticed a pretty ugly thing with weapon iron sights.

with vsync off, for example the FAL iron sight, is switching the textures pretty ugly. if i turn vsync on all is ok. anybody else got that?

Yes, I can confirm this.

After healing another player you are stuck in the medic animation (reported in previous beta) for some time 30-60s after he is once again mobile.

With beta 83657 you now also get randomly teleported 2-300m away from currently location at end of heal animation.

While you're looking at the first aid stuff, could you make a healed players aim stay much worse for a period after they are healed; maybe one or two minutes so that there is more of a penalty for getting shot?

It also would be great if the first aid module didn't kick in immediately on 1% injured, let us experience the damage in arm/legged injuries first, before bleeding or being injured further and going into the full writhing in agony anim.

Thanks Suma, for all the fixes and improvements over the last couple of weeks, massive progress ...and of course to all those posting tickets and creating detailed repro's.

Protegimus

Upvote - http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23385

BIS seriously. Take a look/fix AI precision/recoil issue

Just played a mission where I and 9 other max skill/max precision AIs attacked a village with 50 insurgents.

Most of friendly AIs simply ran out of ammo, while at the same time I've killed 15 dudes and still had 2/3 ammo left.

Do the math, seriously. The recoil control/precision of AIs is simply ridiculous.

Hi,

Commands such as say, say3D, directSay are broken in latest Beta Patches, crashing the game when using on an AI unit, mostly visible when a sound is issued before the other has finished.

Repro

Minidump

Arma 2 Community Issue Tracker

Thanks,

_neo_

Edited by neokika

Hello

I play on a Domination map and when you lift a vehicle and sit it down it can get stuck up in the air if you release it too soon.

another problem when you sit it down it will go underground and if you release it it will pop up and flip over.

the stuck in the air ..started with 83569

I tested with 79600 and the 2 problems are not in it .

also did something change in 83657 with the shell "Sh_120_SABOT" ?

I use it with AC-130 by LurchiDerLurch and with 83657 that shell is very weak compared to beta 83569.

thanks

There have been various instances of adrenaline kicking in when wounded, infact many soldiers have felt no pain with whole limbs blown off, maybe not appropriate in this thread but is there a way to simulate this ingame. Just an idea.

Has anyone problem with the bikey signatures of the Beta Patch? i can't join many servers anymore since i install them.

Edited by Netghost

Has anyone problem with the bikey signatures of the Beta Patch? i can't join many servers anyomre since i install them.

.bisign's are ok.

Delete the contents of the beta directory (or rename it to beta.83657 or whatever) and re-install the beta; maybe the files are mixed up.

Protegimus

This was what i done first. But no Changes. then i install 83363 and suddenly he has a problem with PMC and BAF files...hmm looks like a complete new installation. :(

/€: i'm not sure but i think i was going online since i install PMC and BAF, but i guess the both cause the Problem.

BIS seriously. Take a look/fix AI precision/recoil issue

Just played a mission where I and 9 other max skill/max precision AIs attacked a village with 50 insurgents.

Most of friendly AIs simply ran out of ammo, while at the same time I've killed 15 dudes and still had 2/3 ammo left.

Do the math, seriously. The recoil control/precision of AIs is simply ridiculous.

where is the repro mission, also is it with this thread build ?

where is the repro mission, also is it with this thread build ?

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23343

zGuba marked it as a duplicate of a similar issue (recoil-related) so I guess they are the same

I've tested but haven't noticed any improvements with this beta

Edited by metalcraze

This was what i done first. But no Changes. then i install 83363 and suddenly he has a problem with PMC and BAF files...hmm looks like a complete new installation. :(

/€: i'm not sure but i think i was going online since i install PMC and BAF, but i guess the both cause the Problem.

woah there. :eek:

if its the beta then you dont have to do a new install. goto the expansion folder in your arma2 directory and inside that you find a folder called beta. delete that folder called beta to remove beta.

nothing else should be affected when testing beta which makes it very cool and conveneint and should save you time.

Edited by twisted

Yes in kown this, but i wrote after i downgrade the Beta, he complains the BAF and PMC files and not the Beta files anymore. My thought are that the first error message was simple to small to show me all the corruptet Files and that the Addons installation has corrupt the whole ArmA installation so i must reinstall without Addons so i can test it.