Sign in to follow this  
buliwyf

ARMA 2: OA beta build 83657

Noticed one old bug since OA came out - ( i think in ArmA 2 it was fixed)

If you get in any vehicle - then you don't see players shadows

Easy repro - get in bike and then look at your shadow , you will notice the lacking player's shadow

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11425

I find a waypoint issue must existed before 1.57.76815 and still in 1.59.79384 and in 83657 too.

You put a group and you are in it but not as commander, then you set a GUARD waypiont in your leader. Then you set an enemy anywhere or as far as you can. Then start the mission. You will see the commander has known who is the enemy and order the team to somewhere not far from the origin posision. But it seems that the commander doesn't know where the enemy is and he stops.

But if you are not in the team then the team and the waypoint guard are OK.

And about the new beta I found the KSK soldier with G17 still can stuck when he uses the pistol, but the leader won't. And I want to know when can stop AI from penetrating a wall with a hole?

It's my first video in youtube, if you can't see it pleas tell me. This video will show what I say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mESDfwjEJnY

Edit: The seek and destroy waypoint does not matter.

I have built a CIT

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23405

Edited by msy

New CIT ticket:

Helicopters don't detect infantrymen (AA units especially) from acceptable range

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23388

That's with infantrymen moving and in clear line of sight, no cover involved (tested on UTES airstrip).

* Due to this issue helicopters are almost unable to defend themselves against AA infantry (they detect infantry as close as 50-100m.).

* Also Close Air Support is problematic since helicopters and planes can't detect too well infantrymen on ground.

Speculation: looks like a detection issue to me, not an identification issue.

Edited by fabrizio_T

New CIT ticket:

Helicopters don't detect infantrymen (AA units especially) from acceptable range

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/23388

That's with infantrymen moving and in clear line of sight, no cover involved (tested on UTES airstrip).

* Due to this issue helicopters are almost unable to defend themselves against AA infantry (they detect infantry as close as 50-100m.).

* Also Close Air Support is problematic since helicopters and planes can't detect too well infantrymen on ground.

Speculation: looks like a detection issue to me, not an identification issue.

+1

I've had that happen even before this beta...I thought maybe the AI Gunners didn't even shoot at first, until I flew around in circles about 50 times, and I finally noticed the enemy Units.

Thanks for the great fixes. Especially the ai shooting back fix had a huge impact.

Btw. do the ai and human players during multiplayer lag less than before the integration of interpolation? I haven't really tried since there doesn't seem to be many beta servers out.

The ai players in singe player seem to be mostly fine now.

yep, confirming the chopper engage issue.

the helos allredy fly pretty low with default WP´s so its even more annoying if a Ah64 for example doesnt engage clear targets.

the issue with choppers detecting infantry is not an issue with the beta, but the game in general. i was playing the OA campagin the otherday (the flying mission, open season i think), and trying to clear that damn village is a pain. the AI gunner cant see infantry standing out in the open unless i got really close. of course since i was getting so close the inf were trying thier hardest to ruin my day. you have FLIR for a reason gunner!

of course a fix needs to be very delicate. realistically it is difficult for air units to spot and ID targets on the ground with out marking or whatever. but a "fix" could easily make air units unrealistically deadly by spotting, IDing, and killing you instantly from great distances.

i have not been keeping track of the betas, but has the issue of "watch" commands been fixed for vehicle units? i am terrified to give a command because you can never get an AI gunner out of it

i have not been keeping track of the betas, but has the issue of "watch" commands been fixed for vehicle units? i am terrified to give a command because you can never get an AI gunner out of it

So true! If only "No Target (2-1)" would cancel any watch or look at orders, would be so much more useful.

In general, I think helicopter pilots should be able to detect infantry on the ground a lot faster, if they are being attacked by them or clearly moving around in the open. Making AI gunners focus on assigned areas (i.e. watch command) should also increase chances to spot threats.

While attachTo doesn't cause any bouncing anymore, it looks like there are still some problems left:

Somehow attaching a crate to the player caused both of them to steadily (constant speed) fly up into the skies...

arma-attachTo3.jpg

arma-attachTo4.jpg

:D

Yeah, the images are useless, but I'm attaching the crate slightly randomly to the player (and rotate it a bit too), so this was caused by accident and I coudn't reproduce this as of yet... maybe if the crate get's attached too close to the player? Not sure yet.. but for sure I haven't ever saw this result with attachTo prior to this patch.

Another weird thing with attachTo was this: a crate got attached to a vehicle a bit unfortunately (the object came out of the vehicle's side a bit), which lead to the situation that you couldn't drive the vehicle anymore, instead it would bounce around... though not the normal bouncing we've all seen... some sort of weird crazy bouncing... (sorry, can't describe it any better)

Has anyone else noticed attachTo wierdness since the new patch is out?

EDIT: boy, the flying player/crate happend twice now, but I struggle so hard to reproduce this with a minimal setup.. sucks :)

Edited by ruebe

While attachTo doesn't cause any bouncing anymore, it looks like there are still some problems left:

Somehow attaching a crate to the player caused both of them to steadily (constant speed) fly up into the skies...

arma-attachTo3.jpg

arma-attachTo4.jpg

:D

Yeah, the images are useless, but I'm attaching the crate slightly randomly to the player (and rotate it a bit too), so this was caused by accident and I coudn't reproduce this as of yet... maybe if the crate get's attached too close to the player? Not sure yet.. but for sure I haven't ever saw this result with attachTo prior to this patch.

Another weird thing with attachTo was this: a crate got attached to a vehicle a bit unfortunately (the object came out of the vehicle's side a bit), which lead to the situation that you couldn't drive the vehicle anymore, instead it would bounce around... though not the normal bouncing we've all seen... some sort of weird crazy bouncing... (sorry, can't describe it any better)

Has anyone else noticed attachTo wierdness since the new patch is out?

Yea first thing I tried I rose into the air.

ammobox attachto [player,[0,0,0]]

Express elevator.

Update

I just checked 1.59 pre beta and it does the same thing, I did mention this the other day when objects are attached in an certain place. It seems it's back to normal but it would be better if it didn't do it.

Edited by F2k Sel

Yea first thing I tried I rose into the air.

ammobox attachto [player,[0,0,0]]

Express elevator.

Ahhh, now I can do it too! Guess I've used the wrong ammo-crate. As for a repro, place down a player and put this in your init.sqf:

ATTACHTO_ONE = {
  OBJ1 attachTo [
     player,
     [0, 0, 0]
  ];
};

_pos = player modelToWorld [0, 2, 0];

OBJ1 = createVehicle ["LocalBasicWeaponsBox", _pos, [], 0, "NONE"];

// 
[] spawn {
  _t = createTrigger["EmptyDetector", position player];
  _t setTriggerActivation["ALPHA", "PRESENT", true];
  _t setTriggerText "attach crate to player";
  _t setTriggerStatements["true", "[] call ATTACHTO_ONE;", ""];
}

... then hit 0-0-1 (radio) for an instant elevator. :D

(give it a try, it's pretty cool actually, hehe)

Btw. Lot's of ammo-crates are a bitch to attachTo anything.. what's wrong with them? Wrong ground-LOD or something? :/

Well, attaching things to stuff is an art for itself :)

EDIT: as for the vehicle-crazy-bouncing (like a lowrider, hehe): it's just a question of not attaching the object too low; so it's my job to adjust the attaching-height and stuff will be fine. Still I wonder if collision-detection with attachedTo objects could be tweaked, to be a bit more forgiving...

Edited by ruebe

If two objects are attached to each other, collisions between them should not be calculated. Problem solved. :)

(Easier said than done, I know. :D)

Maybe it would be even preferable to add an option to attachTo, which would let you define the "collision-model" beeing used: a) full collision detection, b) no collision detection between host and attachedTo object, c) no collision detection at all for the attached object.

Might come in handy, no? :)

Maybe it would be even preferable to add an option to attachTo, which would let you define the "collision-model" beeing used: a) full collision detection, b) no collision detection between host and attachedTo object, c) no collision detection at all for the attached object.

Might come in handy, no? :)

Just out of curiosity, in what case should two objects that are attached to each other need to calculate collisions with each other?

I mean, ideally they should never even change position relative to each other while attached, so calculating such collisions seems rather superfluous to me in any case. :)

Just out of curiosity, in what case should two objects that are attached to each other need to calculate collisions with each other?

If there were a "soft"-attach (skeleton animation), maybe... :D

Can someone post issues (dev-heaven) concerning T90 armor ?

It's too weak (800 points) compared to the M1A1,and reading about T90 reveals a strong armor.

EDITED:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14026

I think that by solving this bug,you made the T90 weaker,shooting M1A1 with RPG VL doesn't scratch them while shooting T90 with the same bullet can put some parts in ORANGE state.

Thanks,

I know that reviewing armor system is a big task,but i'm sure you can play with armor points to solve this...

Edited by On_Sabbatical

So no chance of BIS looking into AI precision issue?

Extending their precision limit is all I ask for

Can someone post issues (dev-heaven) concerning T90 armor ?

It's too weak (800 points) compared to the M1A1,and reading about T90 reveals a strong armor.

EDITED:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14026

I think that by solving this bug,you made the T90 weaker,shooting M1A1 with RPG VL doesn't scratch them while shooting T90 with the same bullet can put some parts in ORANGE state.

Thanks,

I know that reviewing armor system is a big task,but i'm sure you can play with armor points to solve this...

Do you have any evidence that suggests the T90 wouldn't be damaged by said rounds?

This could be related to issues with T90 though: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/17684

In any case, perhaps checkout the ACE armor system if you're looking for improved vehicle damage simulation;

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Vehicle_Damage_System

- No balancing, it's tried to be modeleded as accurately as possible (by the limited accurate (and the huge amount of inaccurate) information available everywhere)

Edited by Sickboy