Sign in to follow this  
BigMorgan

Arma 2: OA Beta build 83553

Are we able to cancel Scan Horizon behavior now, without kicking the crew member out of the vehicle?

Hmm. An aware soldier is "aware". Meaning he has heightened alert about his surrounding so in that mode i feel a commander should maybe cautiously look around, but not with scan horizon constantly looking all over.

This is something we have wanted actually since usually you could walk up to a tank and dance around it without being detected. So i think if we set it to safe then we can sneak (not in front obviously) and plant satchel. But in aware i feel there should be some scanning by the commander although not frenetic. That will be left to danger mode.

It shouldnt be too easy to sneak up on deadly vehicles, but a possibility through safe mode. Imo anyway.

In safe mode the crew is exposed. You can just shoot them from afar with a silenced weapon

Yes, it is a bug, and it was due to scan horizon changes. Fixed in 83559 (no turrets scan any more).

As for some automatic scanning by commanders or even gunners, I agree it would be nice to see, but it was not my intention this time, and if it is to be implemented, it should be implemented properly.

Please do that.

Yes, it is a bug, and it was due to scan horizon changes. Fixed in 83559 (no turrets scan any more).

As for some automatic scanning by commanders or even gunners, I agree it would be nice to see, but it was not my intention this time, and if it is to be implemented, it should be implemented properly.

Yes, this would be great to implement. Its something I notice quite often that when you are driving in one direction, often the gunner will face a direction and not scan ahead unless you order him to watch a particular direction.

Therefore he may well (and often does) miss enemy targets your vehicle is approaching from the front. Not sure on the best means of combating this, but if you are in a vehicle, in my opinion the AI gunner\commander should definitely check whats coming ahead every so often when the vehicle is moving forward.

Thanks

To my knowledge IRL loader and commander are the dudes keeping track of surroundings on Abrams tank as an example.

Gunner turning the turret is quite annoying.

To my knowledge IRL loader and commander are the dudes keeping track of surroundings on Abrams tank as an example.

Gunner turning the turret is quite annoying.

No its commander and Guner on all western 4 ctrew tanks...Gunner and Commander are the ones with a thermal vision and magnification optics. The loaders sees nothing in a tank, its jus the guys that is shaken around while trying to load, unload or reload and keep its hands out of the gun breech and the hatches.

The Loader is a crewman so unfortunate that the russian replaced him with by a autoloader.

And where is 83559 ? ^^

LOL! Take it easy man, they're releasing betas like every other day now -it'll pop up soon.

I'm lovin these AI issues BI's going after with da fury :292:

No its commander and Guner on all western 4 ctrew tanks...Gunner and Commander are the ones with a thermal vision and magnification optics. The loaders sees nothing in a tank, its jus the guys that is shaken around while trying to load, unload or reload and keep its hands out of the gun breech and the hatches.

The Loader is a crewman so unfortunate that the russian replaced him with by a autoloader.

Heh.

Well in that case it will be a good idea for both gunner and commander to scan in combat mode but still only commander in aware

Well in that case it will be a good idea for both gunner and commander to scan in combat mode but still only commander in aware

I thought the first two positions filled by the crew of a tank where driver and gunner. For a crew of two then, the gunner would need to survey the sorroundings otherwise the scanning would not work i.e. []there is no commander]. Also also thought some armoured vehicles have no commander, I stand corrected if I am wrong.

I guess its quite plausible that a tank is commandeered by a squad of two although not by default. This is also the case with offroad cars. The gunner will often look anywhere but the direction your are travelling in, perhaps because he hears\see's or remembers something at a different direction.

Holy Smoke.....These beta's are coming out is rapid succession... Thanks for all the fixes...:yay:

I hope the lag issue with attachTo (which still persists in the latest beta) get's fixed soon. I'm inexplicably seasick as of late. :D

Otherwise I'm very pleased to see the latest improvements and all the effort given. For acknowledgment and to celebrate, I'll offer you guys some banana. There you go: :yay:

Seems that the traversing turret bug will be fixed in the next beta, and it is ture that in reality, it is commander's task to observe and send firing command to gunner if anyone out there who used to play tank simulation. I don't think that the military allows tank crews wasting gas by turning turrets for observation. lol.

Btw, current changes really looks good and AI seems to be smarter in close combat, now the AI is nearly perfect except lacking of official dynamic shouting and more flexible close combat animation.

Edited by ffur2007slx2_5

Are we able to cancel Scan Horizon behavior now, without kicking the crew member out of the vehicle?

Doesn't that work by issuing a "no target" command ?

please,lower impact damage when plane hit the dirt while landing...

Seems that the traversing turret bug will be fixed in the next beta, and it is ture that in reality, it is commander's task to observe and send firing command to gunner if anyone out there who used to play tank simulation. I don't think that the military allows tank crews wasting gas by turning turrets for observation. lol.

Btw, current changes really looks good and AI seems to be smarter in close combat, now the AI is nearly perfect except lacking of official dynamic shouting and more flexible close combat animation.

Still missing the ability to use building as cover skill set. Other than that perfect.

I see problems with cargoed AI groups unable to completely disembark from vehicles (both helicopters and ground vehicles ).

Some units won't disembark at random, so both the transported group and the vehicle get stuck endlessly.

I see problems with cargoed AI groups unable to completely disembark from vehicles (both helicopters and ground vehicles ).

Some units won't disembark at random, so both the transported group and the vehicle get stuck endlessly.

If you provide a repro, chance is it might be fixed very quickly. Without a repro is can take very, very long.

If you provide a repro, chance is it might be fixed very quickly. Without a repro is can take very, very long.

Yes i know Suma, thx. It's not rare, but quite random.

I'm trying to find out what's most likely to cause the issue , in order to build a fitting repro.

It would be interesting to know whether somebody else is experimenting the same problem.