Sign in to follow this  
spartanhoplite

Objectives

hi how can i insert like in single player or campaign in the plan area in the book when you go to the map.

THANX

---------- Post added at 04:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 AM ----------

how can i insert objectives

SRY

One week ago I made a tutorial to a friend about how to create a briefing ... If you want I can send you...

EDIT: it here is....

HOW TO MAKE A BRIEFING FILE IN OFP

By Aldo15

First off you must download Chris' OFP Editor.(This tool is to make scripts,briefings,overviews,description.ext files for OFP)

Once you've downloaded it, you be able to make briefings. Then you've created your mission. Now OPEN Chris' OFP and Click on Briefing Wizard.

imgmhg.jpg

Once you've done it. This will appear or show, etc.

96658052.jpg

Now you can write a briefing...

39415901.jpg

PLAN

Here you can write the mission plan. For example: Your objective is clear a villege near Morton. Once you've written it, in the mission plan will appear this:

19239874.jpg

If you want to separate a paragraph from another you must just write <br><br> For example: Your objective is clear a village near Morton<br><br>You'll start here

37456564.jpg

Now I'll do interactive markers. I'll start creating in the mission editor. Type Start and its name will be

start Look at the picture.

79576072.jpg

now write on marker name start and select here. Then click on Insert Hyperlink Look at the pictures

59643654.jpg

32478328.jpg

Now you can use interactives markers like this:

26962262.jpg

As you can see here changed its color to BLUE, and if you press it, It'll show the marker

84488332.jpg

NOTES

To write notes, you just write it on notes. For example: This tutorial is about how to make a briefing in ofp

Now you can see this:

11662325.jpg

OBJECTIVES

To make an objective you must do the same with it. You must write the objective in Objectives for example Clear town

52681295.jpg

Now you can see this:

30954370.jpg

ENDs

To make an end you must write your end in endings for example: Mission completed------ Good job Soldier Look at the pictures.

Chris' OFP Editor

15940862.jpg

Then Press Create to Disk and save it in your mission folder as Briefing.html for example: OperationFlashpoint/Users/Yourusername/Missions/Yuormission/Briefing.html This is what you should have in your Chris' OFP Editor

Ok that's all folk... Hope t helps. :yay:

Cheers,

Aldo15

Edited by Aldo15

it worked but 1 problem

How can i make the "Objective Completed" box appears at the top left corner if i completed an objective.

Create a trigger and simply write these lines into 'On Activation' field: "1" ObjStatus "done"; hint "any text you want to show up at the upper left corner";

"1" means the number of objective. Also, "done" can be changed to these definitions: "active"; "hidden"; "failed";

hi,

One week ago I made a tutorial to a friend about how to create a briefing ... If you want I can send you...

EDIT: it here is....

HOW TO MAKE A BRIEFING FILE IN OFP

By Aldo15

First off you must download Chris' OFP Editor.(This tool is to make scripts,briefings,overviews,description.ext files for OFP)

Once you've downloaded it, you be able to make briefings. Then you've created your mission. Now OPEN Chris' OFP and Click on Briefing Wizard.

imgmhg.jpg

Once you've done it. This will appear or show, etc.

96658052.jpg

Now you can write a briefing...

39415901.jpg

PLAN

Here you can write the mission plan. For example: Your objective is clear a villege near Morton. Once you've written it, in the mission plan will appear this:

19239874.jpg

If you want to separate a paragraph from another you must just write <br><br> For example: Your objective is clear a village near Morton<br><br>You'll start here

37456564.jpg

Now I'll do interactive markers. I'll start creating in the mission editor. Type Start and its name will be

start Look at the picture.

79576072.jpg

now write on marker name start and select here. Then click on Insert Hyperlink Look at the pictures

59643654.jpg

32478328.jpg

Now you can use interactives markers like this:

26962262.jpg

As you can see here changed its color to BLUE, and if you press it, It'll show the marker

84488332.jpg

NOTES

To write notes, you just write it on notes. For example: This tutorial is about how to make a briefing in ofp

Now you can see this:

11662325.jpg

OBJECTIVES

To make an objective you must do the same with it. You must write the objective in Objectives for example Clear town

52681295.jpg

Now you can see this:

30954370.jpg

ENDs

To make an end you must write your end in endings for example: Mission completed------ Good job Soldier Look at the pictures.

Chris' OFP Editor

15940862.jpg

Then Press Create to Disk and save it in your mission folder as Briefing.html for example: OperationFlashpoint/Users/Yourusername/Missions/Yuormission/Briefing.html This is what you should have in your Chris' OFP Editor

Ok that's all folk... Hope t helps. :yay:

Cheers,

Aldo15

Very nice tutorial! You should send it to ofpec. Good job Aldo.

cya.

Nikiller.

Will it be acepted? Well, I said that because now nobody plays Armed Cold War

assault (Operation Flashpoint) I think all people are playing Arma II. Also

if they're still playing OFP, they must know how to make it... what do you think?

hi,

if they're still playing OFP, they must know how to make it... what do you think?

Yes I think it should be accepted. Only one suggestion is to explain hidden objectives and how to tick objective when it is completed/failed. Since ofpec crash a lot of scripts/tutorials have been lost then why not give it a try and submit your tutorial.

cya.

Nikiller.

I beg to differ. ;) I'm still playing OFP and I'm currently working on a simple campaign.

Great tutorial, Aldo! I also think you should submit it to the OFPEC staff. And well, some of us are still playing and working on our projects in secret.

I know it's been a while sense any one posted here. I need the help. I created my briefing file. I didn't know it was going to be in html. but any way. I can't figure out where these files go. In what folder. Can any one tell me what folder they go in. and what folder do I put my scripts in all so. I can't figure it out.

Ice

hi,

I know it's been a while sense any one posted here. I need the help. I created my briefing file. I didn't know it was going to be in html. but any way. I can't figure out where these files go. In what folder. Can any one tell me what folder they go in. and what folder do I put my scripts in all so. I can't figure it out.

Ice

Your briefing.html is located in the main mission folder and will be executed automaticly by the game engine. More info here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Briefing.html

Your script can be placed in the main mission folder or in any mission subfolder. Usually the mission maker creates a folder named scripts in his mission folder and put his scripts here. It's executed with [] exec "scripts\scriptName.sqs". There's exeption named event scripts like "init.sqs" or "onPlayerRespawnAsSeagull.sqs" which must be placed in the main mission folder because executed automaticly by the game engine. More info about event scripts here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Event_Scripts

cya.

Nikiller.

Killer, Thank you. Last night I didn't have that info. Late last night I think it has some thing to do with windows vista. Those folders didn't exist. I had to create the folders my self. and put the files in by hand. and I have no idea why the game engine didn't create the folders.

I installed Chris' OFP Script Editor and he has an option to load my missions folder, When I used that. All the folders showed up in his software. Not in windows explorer. I have no idea why. So I set the games up to run as Admin on windows and now I see that the game engine created the other sub folders. I don't know why but Windows Vista has all ways been a funny OS.

The last thing. I created one Objective. obj_1. I use Chris' OFP Script Editor to create my briefing file. The problem I'm having now is I can't get the Objective to show in the game. How do I get the game to see the objective. I have in a trigger, "1" objstatus "active"; and in another trigger when this group is all dead. "1" objstatus "Done"; How ever I didn't see an option to set the current State. Like Arma has. I been looking and can't find it or don't under stand the code. How do I get more then one unit into a group.

Killer. Thank You

Ice.

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 AM ----------

After playing with it. I fount out how to use and add units to groups. I still can't figure out how to get the objective to show. and the last problem I have is that in a trigger. I have this !alive enemy; This is the Act. How ever I get an error when the game starts, some thing about it being a group and an object. So I'm lost at this.

Ice

hi,

Can you post a copy of your briefing.html, I will maybe spot the problem.

You don't need to activate your objectives unless you hide it in the first place (init.sqs or any initialization script)

i.e: "1" objStatus "HIDDEN" in the init.sqs can be activated later in script or trigger for whatever reason by "1" objStatus "ACTIVE"

More info about objStatus here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/objStatus

For the error when you start the mission I guess it is because you defined enemy as group and not as unit name. Not sure but i don't think it is good to use enemy as a name because it is a side more info here https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/enemy . Better to use something like EastGuy1 or something like that.

cya.

Nikiller.

Edited by Nikiller

It's below. I don't have any of the other options you were talking about setup. The objective should be visible when the mission starts.

<html>

<!---------------------------------------------------->

<!-- Briefing file for Operation Flashpoint -->

<!-- Generated by Chris' OFP Script Editor -->

<!-- Version 3.1.0000 -->

<!-- -->

<!-- NOTE: -->

<!-- DO NOT edit this file manually to guarantee it -->

<!-- can be re-opened by the Briefing Wizard. Click -->

<!-- the "Edit Briefing" button to edit. -->

<body>

<!-- [bRIEFING_WIZARD_30] -->

<!-- Plans -->

<p><a name="plan"></a>

<!-- [PLAN] -->

Your objective is to keep the section of air base secure.<a href="marker:start">here</a>

<!-- [END] -->

</p><hr>

<!-- Notes (in handwriting) -->

<h6><a name="main"></a>

<!-- [NOTES] -->

This tutorial is about how to make a briefing in ofp

<!-- [END] -->

</h6><hr>

<!-- Objectives -->

<!-- Objective 1 -->

<p><a name="obj_1"></a>

<!-- [OBJ_1] -->

Clear Enemy troops advancing on Air Base

<!-- [END] -->

</p><hr>

<!-- Debriefing -->

<!-- End #1 -->

<h2><a name="debriefing:end1"></a><br>

<!-- [TITLE_1] -->

Mission Completed

<!-- [END] -->

</h2><br><p>

<!-- [TEXT_1] -->

Good Job troopers

<!-- [END] -->

</p><br><hr>

</body>

</html>

hi,

There's no error in your briefing. It must be elsewhere.

Let's say your objective is to kill a guy. Try to put in a 0x0 trigger's condition field not alive EastGuy1. EastGuy1 is the guy's name you have to kill. In the trigger's activation field write "1" objStatus "DONE"; hint "good job you killed the guy!". Kill EastGuy1, a hint good job you kill the guy! should appear on your screen. Now have a look at your briefing notebook, objective 1 (kill EastGuy1) should be ticked.

cya.

Nikiller.

Edited by Nikiller

well I have !alive enemy; in my trigger's condition and this errors on me for some reason. Some thing about an object. And in my trigger's activation I have this "1" objStatus "DONE"; hint "The air field is secure good job";

in another trigger. I have "1" objStatus "ACTIVE"; and this just starts when the game starts. any way

I don't see the option in the notebook. I don't see the objectives in there. Unless I'm reading it wrong. Can you send me an image of what to look for. Some thing that will show me what the objective looks like as your playing the mission.

Be careful about the names you give units. The most likely reason for the error is that enemy is reserved for a command. Change it, as per Nikiller's suggestion.

I can't attach a image. These web sites are ?. any way the error says.

'not alive eMadEnemy|#|;': error alive: type group, expected object.

If I under stand this. It was looking for an object and not a group. This makes

no sense I have seen user adding units here.

So how can I tell if a group is dead. I mean every one in the group.

Thanks Pro, That worked. and the objective is working too. This is so cool. Thanks