Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 3 inverview with Dwarden / David Foltyn (me :)

Quick! Flood Dwarden e-mail with spam question letters!

Yes hardware PhysX is GPU accelerated and thus much much faster (think a properly big difference in FPS in especially heavy PhysX scenes)

Although it is recommended to have a dedicated PhysX accelerator regardless, not your main videocard as one.

I don't know that it's much faster, it's basically taking from your GPU what ought to be on your CPU (unless as you say you have a spare vid card). As many people have 4-core processors nowadays, it may be more performance & feature beneficial to use a spare core instead.

As far as I know GPUs are much faster than CPUs in floating point operations.

4 core processors will not be faster than some GF9800 when it comes to PhysX.

In fact you can also do stuff like breaking encryptions with GPU nowadays much faster than with CPUs

i know NO game using HW acc for basics physics implementation, but rather for particle and cloth simulation. Which, afaik, won't be available in A3.

so i fear the first 10m of interview are lost completely ...

thankfully nothing really new there ...

well maybe one lil thing about improved sound engine but Ivan mentioned it too already ...

so i fear the first 10m of interview are lost completely ...

thankfully nothing really new there ...

well maybe one lil thing about improved sound engine but Ivan mentioned it too already ...

:confused: Good news, but first I heard of it!:)

would sb mind telling me what dwarden said, because this has got special interest for me :)

I might already know it but i am not sure if its the same i've got in my head

Dwarden, why dont you guys just call Arma3, "Ghost Recon Expansion for Arma2"?

To be honest mate, you guys took the best military simulator out there, and in a lot of peoples opinions are about to go a completely wrong direction with it.

ditch the future stuff

Dwarden, why dont you guys just call Arma3, "Ghost Recon Expansion for Arma2"?

To be honest mate, you guys took the best military simulator out there, and in a lot of peoples opinions are about to go a completely wrong direction with it.

ditch the future stuff

Do you really need to spam the forum with this crap?

Do you really need to spam the forum with this crap?

Because he likes it alot - you can see same thing on armaholic site :p

Edited by RobertHammer

"Ditch the future stuff" when it's this far into development already. Right... Someone obviously doesn't understand how things work.

Some of you may continue to throw hissy fits about the futuristic setting, but many more of us are looking forward to it. Frankly, I think the art style of ARMA 3 looks cooler than most other military-based games out at the moment, or up-coming ones.

And Ghost Recon is not futuristic crap. That's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter.

Because he likes it alot - you can see same thing on armaholic site :p

Yeah, Armaholic commenters are quickly becoming the YouTube commenters of this community.

I like "futuristic" stuff myself. But realistic futuristic - the railgun pew-pew russian tanks are too much.

Hopefully it'll act like a railgun and not a scifi rail gun (blue radiation, sparkling, laser trail, ectect)

Stop hating on the rail gun so much. Don't you guys ever watch future weapons?

In a few years, they'll be testing them on ships. Tanks and mortars are right behind that. If we get some kind of major breakthrough in capacitor technology, which they're working very hard at, we could see it even sooner.

Railguns don´t fire lasers ¬¬

Please no more discussions about fkk l4z0rs n future! ;) I personally would even appreciate an C-130 variant with an ATL system.

Edited by PurePassion