Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 3 inverview with Dwarden / David Foltyn (me :)

there is recorded short interview with me http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/16503096

(Your Community and Online distribution manager :D )

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/indie-roundup

not much new info just small tidbits but i hop You going to like it

it ends on the BF3 question&answer (i answer after while what i think bout BF3 too but then it's theirs talk)

i could answer more :cool: but they had timelimit

anyway if someone ran some interviews for community sites or media drop me email :bounce3:

You diplomatically avoided answering questions with yes or no :>

But I hope you won't butcher (or 'streamline' in buzzword-speak) AI command interface and there will be none of those hollywoodish cover systems polluting every shooter now as was suggested.

As for the medical system - whatever you do I really want to see ending medical supplies. Because medics currently can heal soldiers eternally.

Edited by metalcraze

metalcraze because we are working on improving most (if not all) of the game saying yes or no with such reserve on development time would be just too drastic ...

and yes i'm sure i could say more (i wanted but sometimes they started to speak before i could say some more sentences) ...

anyway there will be plenty of materials from Gamescom, more interviews with others or me, screens, dev-blogs ... don't worry

so as bonus: here are 2 more screenshots: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=122794

Improvments in the "squad.xml" thing.

Maybe stats\communications with external programms (first thing that came to mind is an improved MSO thing.)

Animations on "modding" the weapons on the fly (modular system for the weapons \o/).

Stop listenig for now.

Great. Thanks :)

About the specifications issue, people not playing the game and so on. I think the default graphics settings should be better. Ive invited a lot of new ppl to the game and after i guide them to advanced graphic options they actually feel it is a better game than when they started up the game the first time. A good example is the 3d resolution setting by default.

oh i just discovered part of the interview is missing from the recording, when they re-upload that or fix it i will post new url ...

is there a transcript anywhere?

>41 minutes is a lot of work for transcription. But some posted highlights would be nice.

There's not much new in the interview anyway that, unless you haven't kept track of interviews, you wouldn't know already.

Except whereas a month ago weapon resting was "we will try to discuss this" - now Dwarden all but confirms that this might just make it in.

Nice interview Dwarden, good job. Also very cool that we'll be able to see the new animation system this month, eager to see what have you been cooking.

_neo_

Edited by neokika

there is at minimum 1 new thing not mentioned before or into such 'confirmed' state ;)

Even in this we need to "fight" for some information? xD

First the ARG, then the E3, then the greek screenshots...... at least is worth it.

EDIT: I heard something about AAR\Demo stuff ?

Indeed, I look forward to that part myself..could I by chance press you for a bit of informtion as to wether or not the animation system and physX will apply primarily to organic beings, or will these features also be useable on vehicles?

And always nice to see more interviews from developers, by the way is your name pronounced fol-teen or fol-tin?

Earlier Ivan Buchta did say that all vehicles in the game will have PhysX and they are considering allowing us to shoot from vehicles which is dependant on where they will go with new animations - so is that what you want?

It's the organic beings having PhysX that's I'm interested in. Basically - a gear with physics that moves when you move could've seriously added to the eye candy (not sure about sys reqs though).

Too bad no hardware PhysX accelleration though.

I'm hopeful about shooting from vehicles, because a mission I recently downloaded leads me to believe that it's not really that hard.

Mission makers already script soldiers that ride on top of their APCs. When you are sitting on your BMP, you have an idle animation chosen for you, but you can still move your gun slightly, and even look down your sights. The range of movement and point of view prevents it from being useful, but it seems like something that would be easily tweaked. Just add some shaking.

this was really lil - out of box interview so don't expect to bone and detailed questions :)

my email box waits for more ;)

anyway if someone ran some interviews for community sites or media drop me email :bounce3:

Closer towards release I'd like to interview you on behalf of my community. I'll have some real questions for you, unlike these guys :D

All I can say is: Prepare yourself :p

this was really lil - out of box interview so don't expect to bone and detailed questions :)

my email box waits for more ;)

Does this mean if we e-mail you questions we will get answers?:o

Does this mean if we e-mail you questions we will get answers?:o
I think he meant he's awaiting offers for more Interviews, so your questions can get answered in those I suppose :P

Just don't ask questions like

"Derp I herd that game will b moar optimized! IT'S 2 HARD TO RUN RIGHT NAO!"

Questions like that are so generalized and stupid. All he can say is something like "We've made improvements to the game's optimization"

Too bad no hardware PhysX accelleration though.

I'm going to make the cautious prediction that HW PhysX will eventually be patched in, but not for some months after release. For obvious reasons ;)

I'm going to make the cautious prediction that HW PhysX will eventually be patched in, but not for some months after release. For obvious reasons ;)

What is hardware accelerated PhysX? Is that using the GPU and non-hw acc uses CPU? Cos seriously the only reason I bought an NVIDIA card was because of ArmA3 using PhysX. :D

Yes hardware PhysX is GPU accelerated and thus much much faster (think a properly big difference in FPS in especially heavy PhysX scenes)

Although it is recommended to have a dedicated PhysX accelerator regardless, not your main videocard as one.