Multi-Session Operations v3.45 released

v3.45 released!!!!

Including: Takistan, Chernarus and Qom Province

msox.jpg

Get the latest 3.45 Missions here

ACE missions AVAILABLE!

Documentation

What's new:

- Added Playable (or AI) AC-130 and UAV Close Air Support (Thanks to LurchiDerLurch) - See Qom mission for example

- Improved ACE and ACRE Support

- Added Ambient LHD

- Updated Missions for Chernarus, Takistan and Qom Province

- Added New caching system JCache (by Jaynus)

- Updated Change Log from 3.4 > 3.45

- Minor Bug Fixes

Report any issues here.

Many thanks to Friznit, Robalo, Zorrobyte, Jaynus, Sickboy, LurchiDerLurch for their help/contributions!

Edited by Tupolov

As requested, it only contains the latest framework, if any other islands are created with updated framework I'll add acre to them.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

I know what I'm doing with my free Sunday now!

I'll be changing the chernarus pack slightly to have woodland rather then mtp camo, the brits show up like christmas trees otherwise ;) expect it to be uploaded in an hour or two, currently in a game in progress.

Is it just happening to me or does anyone else not see any enemies on the map?

Depends what difficulty you have it on, veteran and expert removes them, but it may also because the military symbols module is used with mso. You shouldn't be checking the map for contacts anyway that's cheating ;)

!!UPDATE!!

I have changed the chernarus acre BAF from MTP camo to Woodland camo. Use link in second post to download, Enjoy! :)

Thanks for the reply. 3.43 did work fine. I usually just fly around to search for enemies. The voice/dialog "enemy vehicle spotted blabalbalba" does not happen. I flew the whole map and discovered no enemy.

Just noticed the TASKS option is missing as well, so no convoys?

Sounds a bit broken. Have you tried restarting the game? We've just had a rather epic 8 hour session. Plenty of enemy knocking around, convoys, ambient air, terrorists and civilians all working well. Enemypop at 66% and only occasional lag issues (using Nou Cache).

hey m8s!

Can anyone involved tell me how jcache is working? couldnt find any references.

thx

Make sure you have downloaded the latest missions from Dev-Hev (MSO_Missions_v3.45.7z)

We switched back to Nou Caching for 3.45 due to some reported issues with JCache (to be investigated).

You can play around with the 3 different caching systems by simply going to

\core\modules\modules.hpp

use // to comment out the caching systems you don't want to use.

Example:

//#define CEP_CACHE
#define NOU_CACHE
#define RMM_DEBUG
#define RMM_HELP
#define RMM_MP_RIGHTS
#define RMM_NOMAD
#define RMM_SETTINGS
#define RMM_WEATHER

// To fix
//#define RMM_GTK
//#define RMM_OSL
//#define RMM_OSOM
//#define JCACHE

Sounds a bit broken. Have you tried restarting the game? We've just had a rather epic 8 hour session. Plenty of enemy knocking around, convoys, ambient air, terrorists and civilians all working well. Enemypop at 66% and only occasional lag issues (using Nou Cache).

I have restarted. I tried the packed pbo for Tak and Chen as well.

Indeed! All going rather well until I decided to heroically jump out the lynx (mid air) to save you guys from incoming AAA.. honest :rolleyes:

I was having some major desync issues towards the end (everyone would look like they were sitting there, even though on TS you were telling me everyone was running off to town) and a crapload of animation problems (would just be stuck in one frame of the animation), not sure what that's due to though

I got it to work. I replaced the init.sqf file from the enemy folder from 3.43 and it works now. I was just hacking my way around to try to get this to work. Not sure what if any issues there are from doing this.

Hi to all, can someone help me with these questions, i have looked around in the forums but it doesnt say nothing about it, are there IEDs around the map and how can we detect it and disarm it ? Do the civilians in towns throw you stones if they are mad ? if yes.....in what situation would that happend?

The SR5 IED script wasn't working properly on a dedicated server yet so has been disabled for now. You'll still find terrorists knocking around (civilians with guns basically), so watch out for them.

If you too many civilians get injured, or you steel their cars, shoot their livestock or generally make a nuisance of yourself in town, your reputation will go down (as indicated by the coloured flags over the towns). If this gets too low (red flag) the Civs may start throwing stones at you. But watch out, cos one or two of them may have found their grandpa's Second World War revolver....

There're more details (and lots of pretty pictures) in the Player Guide

Sorry if I have missed this piece of information but perhaps someone is willing to answer this, anyway.

Is it possible to continue a mission after a restart of the server? If not, is this feature planned for the future?

No, that would be a feature only available to single player, afaik with dedicated servers you dont have the option to save missions...

One question from me, where is the point at which we can pick up camo nets? Me and a friend have tried all day long to pick them up to no avail, with versions 3.43 and 3.45, I know that they can be picked up as I must of got lucky with the first time I tested MSO.

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

Technically it is possible to pick them up....but yeah, it's pretty damn hard to find the sweet spot.

The SR5 IED script wasn't working properly on a dedicated server yet so has been disabled for now. You'll still find terrorists knocking around (civilians with guns basically), so watch out for them.

If you too many civilians get injured, or you steel their cars, shoot their livestock or generally make a nuisance of yourself in town, your reputation will go down (as indicated by the coloured flags over the towns). If this gets too low (red flag) the Civs may start throwing stones at you. But watch out, cos one or two of them may have found their grandpa's Second World War revolver....

There're more details (and lots of pretty pictures) in the Player Guide

Thanks friznit2 for your reply, one more question what should i do to create a dedicated server with mso, it doesnt work with the usual way.

Not sure what you mean by that. The normal dedicated server should work fine, there's nothing special about the MSO mission, it's just a bunch of scripts.

Not sure what you mean by that. The normal dedicated server should work fine, there's nothing special about the MSO mission, it's just a bunch of scripts.

When i launch my dedi with gca2dst tool and choose to play mso i cant go inside menu, in the server window it keeps saying "reading from bank" and it doesnt launch the game, i dont know how to set a dedi server so i must be doing something wrong :confused:

Nec,

The guys at AAF, Volcbat, 16AA and many more are ok getting MSO running on Dedi. I would suggest you go about troubleshooting your dedi setup.

Good luck!

Tup

;1998671']No' date=' that would be a feature only available to single player, afaik with dedicated servers you dont have the option to save missions...[/quote']

It seems that the admins of our clan server have to restart the server very often which is a pity. Anyway, thanks a lot for your reply.

Nec,

The guys at AAF, Volcbat, 16AA and many more are ok getting MSO running on Dedi. I would suggest you go about troubleshooting your dedi setup.

Good luck!

Tup

Thanks Tupolov, i found the error, it was my mistake, i didnt use CBA in the server. Thank you all again.....