Sign in to follow this  
tupolov

Multi-Session Operations v3.45 released

Outside guess, but you'll need #include <support\modules\modules.hpp> in the description.ext as well.

Failing that, start with a working version of MSO with rmm_constrct in it, if you can find one. It wasn't used by default in most of the releases and took a bit of doohickery to get it running properly. Unfortunately I can't quite remember what I did to fix it the first time round.

yo m8s!

@arma2holic: Thx m8! Its all for the community! And all credits for the module go to you, since i just ported and tweaked it for mso!

@wolffy: i believe that MSO will be THE gamemode in Arma 3 if everything goes well - i had a dream!

For all: i hope i didnt mess up the versions but this is the latest build of MSO WICT (3.45.561):

Download

Outside guess, but you'll need #include <support\modules\modules.hpp> in the description.ext as well.

Failing that, start with a working version of MSO with rmm_constrct in it, if you can find one. It wasn't used by default in most of the releases and took a bit of doohickery to get it running properly. Unfortunately I can't quite remember what I did to fix it the first time round.

I have the modules.hpp in the main folder, and thus I don't want to point the ext to the folder you've said. I have the module included in the ext: #include "modules.hpp"

No script errors show up, and nothing is noted in the RPT. This is a nut.

Edited by SCAJolly

Make sure the construction module functions are defined under the function class in the description.ext and it should work:

class cfgFunctions {
#ifdef RMM_CNSTRCT
	#include <support\modules\rmm_cnstrct\functions.hpp>			// Construction Module
#endif
};

Yeah, the above fixed it! Cheers. :) Now if only there was a way to move the objects UPWARDS, I'd be in heaven.

So you're all probably thinking we're dead! Well we're not! :)

I've personally been hard at working refining the Ambience side of MSO, making sure it doesn't kill servers instantly or over time.

I've attached a few teaser missions, so that you can see ambient life on a number of islands, including:

• ARMA Electrical Grids (by LoyalGuard)
  • Ambient Civlians, traffic and animals (BIS Module Improvement Project - by Wolffy.au)
  • Civilian Emergency Services (Civilians will call in ambulances and the Police if anything unsavory is reported - by Wolffy.au)
  • Shepherds (don't mess with these armed shepherds, while they're blocking a road with their livestock - by Wolffy.au)
  • Call To Prayer (ambient prayer sound at scheduled intervals - by Rommel)
  • Ambient Air Traffic (depending on who is in the area, airports and helipads will be in use - by Tupolov)
  • Ambient Sea Traffic (depending on who is in the area, piers will be in use - by Tupolov)

Still working on other components, but progress is being made - see for yourself in the teasers. This is by no means the only development being done - we've had some additional modules implemented like WICT, but we're still testing.

Download here: http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/download/15636/mso_ambience.7z

Try changing the time of day, play with the electrical grids, steal a car, shoot some livestock, see what happens - you'll be surprised! :)

Superb Wolffy! Even just having a populated island and exploring makes Arma2 worth it :)

Other than removing blufor units on the map and maybe using //execNow "enemy\init.sqf";?

is there anything else i should do to use this in Opfor SP based mission?

Assuming you are referring to 3.45, modify MSO_FACTIONS to list enemy factions.

Don't try to make the teaser work - if it was close to working, I would have done a proper release! :)

Anyone else having issues with the IEDs[sR5_IEDS] not working on dedicated server?on local it works fine but on dedicated they just don't blow up at all.

Anyone else having issues with the IEDs[sR5_IEDS] not working on dedicated server?on local it works fine but on dedicated they just don't blow up at all.

Reezo of SR5 pulled support of SR5 IED script version, so its no longer supported as part of MSO.

Get the addon.

Hey Wolffy

Do you think the use of C.I.M. (Civilian Interaction Module by Nielsen) in conjunction with

Reezo's EOD mod will "broke" the functionality of MSO mission?

P.S We using the ACE version but only MK -16/17 are the default rifles at crates /Except the sniper

crate of course.Is this normal?

Edited by GiorgyGR

The weapons crates used in the MSO test release missions are standard ACE/BIS mission editor placable ones. If you want to play with anything else you'll need to debpo the mission and add them in the editor.

No idea mate, never tried it. I'm assuming you've tried and it didn't work? How was it broken?

Anyone tried MSO Warfare yet?

Edited by Wolffy.au

I had a quick blast seemed really fun/mental with warfare and all MSO going on. Shame my rig won't do it justice after about 20mins I lag like hell!

Love to play it online though!

after about 20mins I lag like hell!

Damn, I probably have to tone down the settings or something. I'll see what I can do before the proper release.

Wolffy,

I have had Warefare going on my Server for 24 hours now, your part of the game worked fine no real issues, except Warefare always seems to eventually freeze the AI so all the US AI just stopped taking cities but the OPFOR continued. MSO worked great no issues.

Hope that helps.

Thanks vengeance1 - great news!

I might try to run a dedicated server on my home PC and leave it running for a few days straight - see if it survives.

Wolffy,

I am trying to integrate MSO Ambient Air into I44, but all I get is Civilian traffic? No I44 Planes? I am only running I44 Mod.

I have control of the Airport, just won't create the I44 Planes? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Edited by vengeance1

Thanks vengeance1 - great news!

I might try to run a dedicated server on my home PC and leave it running for a few days straight - see if it survives.

I hope your CPU has a good cooler :)

Warfare+MSO sound completely insane to me, performance-wise, since both missions are already pushing the best machines to their limits as far as I know.

No I44 Planes? I am only running I44 Mod.

Ambient Air Traffic looks through the vehicles for aircraft belonging to that faction.

I haven't tried merging MSO and I44, so I have no idea of the factions and groups for I44. If your player faction has asssociated aircraft, then it should be able to spawn.