Sign in to follow this  
Lanzfeld

ALICE 2 Mod Tweak Question

Okay I have read the BIKI about the ALICE mod and I wanted to increase the spawn distance of the people in towns so I can see them further away in my helicopter. The parameters are given in the BIKI but it doesn't tell you where to put these. I took a wild guess and added the line:

BIS_alice_mainscope setvariable ["spawnDistance",3000];

to the INIT line in the ALICE 2 mod and it worked!!! COOL! I can see the people from almost 3 clicks away. My question is this: I want this to be permanent everytime I use the ALICE 2 mod without me having to type this into the init. Where do I have access to the mod to change this once and for all?

Many thanks!

Pretty sure you can't to be honest. It doesn't take long to copy and paste that from one mission to another though :P

Yeah...thanks for the answer. I do appretiate it.

My self investigation suggests that I "de-PBO" a file (I have no idea how) and then I can go into the file and change the defaults then "re-PBO" the file? <------Does this sound correct to any of you scripting/editing experts out there?

Yes, but doing that will "corrupt" your installation because you're modifying a base file. Nobody else would get the effect.

So it IS possible, but it would have to be a downloadable addon.

cPBO, PBOView, Eliteness.. there are plenty out there, just google it or search it here.

Thanks Grimes. I guess it may be time for me to start venturing out into deeper modding waters!