Sign in to follow this  
DomZ

High Command Extensions

I will look into what might be possible with enemy high command markers. However, I'm not sure a lot will be possible, because the High Command module does that its self.

I've also noticed that the High Command module does not always display known enemy groups. I think it might only display them when they shooting at friendly groups. The size of enemy units should not always be clear either, because only part of them might be observed. Therefore, it should also get the types of them wrong as well sometimes.

I'm not sure if it would be possible to replace the High Command module with a new more sophisticated version. The current things I have done are additional to it.

The markers are the only annoying thing about HC specially when PvP. Because we can see each other's troops after a while no matter how stealthy you try to be. I hope BIS fix this and give us option to disble enemy HC marker and use normal markers for enemy.

There is another funny problem with High Command that gives away unknown enemy locations (definitely in single player). When you have a group selected and move the mouse about the 2D map it will change to an attack symbol when it is over unknown enemy group (not just ones that are known).

Just thought I'd post here and let you know that if you want to incorporate my weapon team command script into HC extensions, I am completely fine with it (might be easier for people to find/use along with your other wonderful features for hc) so long as some credit is given ;)

link is here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=128524

Cool I will credit everyone involved and not use stuff without permission. I've too much other stuff to do this week to add anything. Any comments are welcome. Your functionality is very good. No ones done that before.

HI Domz

I dont know if this is possible, but when you put teams into trucks their icon is really hard to figure out which team is in which truck. Is there a way to identify this ie have truck and team the same color. Just a thought.

HI Domz

I dont know if this is possible, but when you put teams into trucks their icon is really hard to figure out which team is in which truck. Is there a way to identify this ie have truck and team the same color. Just a thought.

Of you press the corresponding F key for group, it will show on map. Of course a better organized way is better.

To filter cargo squads from the currently selected groups use the menu command Select Subset in Cargo (0-8-8-5-3). This works however many high command groups you have.

Currently I haven't used teams of high command groups.

Looks great! but, I found a problem: when I try to make a mission, I have problems with Team Switching. I play the (singleplayer) mission and when I select 0-8-2-2 (Team switching - Only Group Leaders Team Switchable) I can switch between my units (Blufor) and the enemy (Opfor) and is supposed that I should not see or select the enemy forces in a mission.

¿how can I solve this?

Thanks for your great work

I need to add an initialisation option so that the player can only get use their side to the next version. Thanks for pointing this out, because it will make it better for making missions. I will also add another initialisation option to stop the player being able to see statistics telling them about other sides units and vehicles etc.

It will still be possible to get statistics and switch to all sides as well, because its good for checking game behaviour and debugging missions.

Well, I think the fact that the player is able to see statistics about other sides, units and vehicles is good, because I'm working in a mission without savegames, when the player can't save the game (only autosave when quit) but the player starting with a great army as in real life, and due to this is important to know the state of the battle (enemy and friendly loses), in order to decide if continue playing or restart the mission

I like being able to see all sides of the battle. I wrote this to see what was going on better and debug things and control armies. Also to move them around more. I will leave full info visible, but allow on initialisation an option to make all aspects of the other side invisible, cause that can be a good bit of fun as well. The current way will still work as is.

I've also been adding further features.

When people make missions with things they want the option to make the other side a mistery.

Edited by DomZ

this is awesome Domz, I only have 2 things, i would like to know is it possible to just have a single unit with the option of the high command extenions and no one else, or to set up a trigger and make it available when conditions are true and not availabe when conditions are false thanx keep up the great work

HC Extensions is tested only on single player and is completely free form currently. So currently the player can switch to become any unit on the map. I will add some options to stop switching sides (in the initialisation) on the next release (hopefully this month). I have not tried to support multiple human players on one side yet (very complicated). The HC structure is stored locally on each machine and I don't think it is dynamically updated during a game in Arma2.

If you are playing multiplayer I guess you could put an condition on the init to only init HC extensions if the players unit name is HighCommanderA or B and side is side player etc in the init.sqf file.

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking how to do. What is the context you are using HC Extensions in single or multilayer?

Edited by DomZ

Im creating a single player mission, im more or less looking for a way to turn on HC Ext. and turn it off ingame. example would be to enter an area and have it triggered, which i can achieve by entering null=execVM "HCfunc\menu.sqf"; in the Act field the trigger. But how can i turn it off ? With HC Ext. active i cannot use command menu im hoping you can help me find a workaround

High Command Extensions (off/On)

I guess the easiest way to do this would be to be able to turn the menu on an off (I have not tried this yet in code).

Assign the menu in menu.sqf to a global local variable instead of BIS_MENU_GroupCommunication initially at the end of menu.sqf. Then assign nil or this variable to BIS_MENU_GroupCommunication to turn the menu on and off. Sub parts of the menus can also be turned off in a similar way i would think.

Im sorry DomZ you are giving me to much credit, what your saying is probably scripting-101 but I am a beginner at best when it comes to scripting, but nonetheless iv been at it all night and im still nowhere,you said to create a variable, so i try myvariable = "BIS_MENU_GroupCommunication" and then myvariable at the end of the menu.sqf. Then i try triggering it false with myvariable = 0 now im lossed

I'll put an example in of how to switch commanding menus in the next version.

Sorry, I'm a bit confused about installing this. In the first post it says "Extract the .pbo file(s) to your ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead\Missions folder. It comes with missions as a demo versions. Extract the folders to your ArmA2\other Profiles\Yournick\Missions and load them in the editor." but in the zip there's only a v1.02 folder with lots of files and a Missions folder. I presume the contents of the latter should go in my Arma2OA\Missions folder along with all the other missions I've downloaded rather than my profile folder no? But other than the pbos in the Missions folder, I don't see any others.

Sorry if I'm being a dumbass, I'm rather new to Arma :)

The simplest thing is copy the missions from < C:\ High Command Extensions V1.02\Missions> to C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\ ArmA 2\missions. That way they can be played through the mission editor or saved to single player missions with a save option.

OK, thanks but is there any advantage/difference to putting the missions in C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Arma 2\Missions rather than D:\Games\Arma2OA\Missions (this is where OA is installed and where I've put all the other missions I've downloaded)?

If the mission source code directories are put into C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\ ArmA 2\missions you can open them in the mission editor and play them by Preview. They can also be saved to single player missions (Export to single player missions on the save dialog) which creates a *.pbo file. The benefit of having the missions in the mission editor is that you can modify them yourself and see how they work.

So it wouldn't make any difference at which of the two locations I put the *.pbo files that are in High Command Extensions V1.02\Missions\ , but putting the subfolders in that folder in C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Arma 2\missions will allow me to edit, Preview and save the missions? Maybe it makes sense to just put the .pbo file for any mission with a source code directory together in the C:\ folder, if only to keep my D:\ folder a bit tidier, but I just want to establish for future reference whether it's a universal rule that the .pbo files can go in either location.

Should be releasing a much enhanced version of High Command Intensions soon. It will include:

-Waypoints that unload troops and cargo.

-High Command without the module

-Realistic indications of enemy positions

-and much more

DomZ

Edited by DomZ