Sign in to follow this  
DomZ

High Command Extensions

Not sure why it was crashing with the packaged missions. When I put the HCfunc into any other mission there is no problem.

EDIT: Needing a little help. The mission that I'm tweaking presently starts with NO units except the commander. All other units are then spawned on the fly. I then add all the HC groups and update my HC bar. This is in my init -

while {true} do

{

[] execVM "HCfunc\Commandallofside.sqf";

sleep 0.2;

[] execVM "HCfunc\ChangeHCbarIcons.sqf";

};

However I find that I get a flood in the RPT during the mission load, complaining about preprocessing the HCbaricons, as there ARE NONE at the start. Can anyone help me with my little problem ?

Edited by Kremator

Planning to release an new version tomorrow with lots of new features.

Planning to release an new version tomorrow with lots of new features.

Will be pressing F5 on this thread tomorrow then :)

Should be today. I forgot it was 2 in the morning.

I have released High Command Extensions version 1.0 on Armaholic.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14961

I has over twice as many commands as before. Many of the existing commands have been improved abit.

The main new capability is commands that support the transportation of armies about the map in trucks, APCs and helicopters. Crews and cargo units can now be loaded and unloaded from all vehicles in game with the High Command interface.

I have provided much fuller instructions with this version than before.

Thanks for this very nice update :yay:

I wondered if maybe you could place the description of what each menu does from the read me and place into the "notes" of each mission so it can be quick accessed from the map? I only ask becuase I was alt tabbing to read the text doc each time :)

Also no markers show for the Takistan mission large army version for enemy position / Friendly ... but its only one of them.

VERY minor things but just thought I would post.

Either way, thanks allot for this, ultimate flexibility and simple to implement :)

Good you like the functionality.

I've found a few bugs and have been fixing them. Currently some commands stop working over time for reasons I'm trying to deduce, but have made some progress on this as well. However, will need to check them over a many hour game to make sure they are truly reliable. Otherwise I'll keep looking for other solutions.

I'll release a new version in the next day or two thats more robust. Hope the current one was not to bad. Don't use the Flatten function cause it had an infinite loop. DomZ

I have released High Command Extensions version 1.02 on Armaholic.

Improvements made in Version 1.02

- Fixed many bugs in including an infinite loop in FlattenSelectedHCGroups.sqf.

- Made the code much more robust and functional in style.

- Added Selected Groups Engines On/Off commands.

I have released High Command Extensions version 1.02 on Armaholic.

Improvements made in Version 1.02

- Fixed many bugs in including an infinite loop in FlattenSelectedHCGroups.sqf.

- Made the code much more robust and functional in style.

- Added Selected Groups Engines On/Off commands.

Great mod DomZ! It works great in MP too! The only issue is I can not seem to get infantry to use empty vehicles. Could you please clarify how to get them to board, move and get out?

Thank you for a great mod!

Currently a crew has to be loaded separately from cargo units. That is one or more as crew separately. A full crew is not necessary. I didn't get round to doing both yet at once. Use the choices on Get In Nearest as Crew (0-8-8-4) to load crew to vehicle types. Create a squad of drivers or crew first is the best at the moment. Will think of an improvement when I next have time.

Edited by DomZ

Currently a crew has to be loaded separately from cargo units. That is one or more as crew separately. A full crew is not necessary. I didn't get round to doing both yet at once. Use the choices on Get In Nearest as Crew (0-8-8-4) to load crew to vehicle types. Create a squad of drivers or crew first is the best at the moment. Will think of an improvement when I next have time.

I have tried with single squad next to one truck with its own driver. One of 2 things happened when I gave order to squad to get in neared cargo:

- They got in but truck refused to move and just stood there with squad loaded in. This happened when I selected get in wheeled

- TRuck did move with squad in to destination with unload wp for truck but when got there squad staed in truck and would not come out. This happened when get in cargo wheeled or Land, or the next option downwheeled as cargo.

So I am not sure why the loading/unlaoding is not working for me.

I appreciate any tips on how to fix.

Thanks.

The way that its designed to move groups in vehicles at the moment is a follows.

- Only the group with the driver in can move the vehicle.

- The crew should all be in the same group.

- It should not matter if some of the cargo units are part of the crew group. The command Split on Non Crew to New Groups (0-8-8-2-4) can be used to separate them from the crew group.

- Giving groups that are in cargo waypoints will have no affect till they get out, because they are not in control of the vehicle.

- I don't use Unload waypoints etc with high command extensions, because I could not get them to work usefully. Instead I use the commands on the menu Reorganise Groups (0-8-8-2) menu. These can be used to split groups that are already using one vehicle. Then get the crew or the cargo units out.

- I use the Select HC Subsets (0-8-8-5) menu to select groups that are in vehicles when the icons overlap.

- In your example I think that you need to get command of the squad with the driver in using Command all Uncommanded of Side (0-8-1-4).

-Then (once the driver squad is selectable) select both the driver and infantry squad with the map mouse cursor drag box.

- Use Select Subset mounted Crews (0-8-8-5-4) to select the drivers squad if you don't know where it is on the high command bar. When there are a very large number of squads the Select HC Subsets (0-8-8-5) menu saves time.

- Then create move waypoints to move the truck.

- When you want the infantry squad to get out. Select the infantry squad and driver squad in the truck with the mouse on the map. Then use Get Out Select In Cargo Groups (0-8-8-2-2) to make the infantry squad get out. Even if the truck is moving it will come to a stop and the infantry will get out.

- This sort of method also works with helicopters and APCs as well. Make sure that a the helicopter is in a safe landing area first. It can't find safe landing zones yet.

Edited by DomZ

The Way High command Extensions breaks troops up into groups is by vehicle crew and non vehicle crews. That is with the commands

Split on Non Crew to New Groups (0-8-8-2-4)

then

Split per Vehicle Crews (0-8-8-2-5)

I've found that makes it easier to move forces around.

However, that is only the current way it works with these commands.

What way do you mean? Any ideas are good!

Currently it does not take account of what sort of weapons infantry carry.

Thanks Doms, I finally got it working now. It was a bit tricky with all the options.

By the way I have integerated a mortars/mg weapon fire team HC group into your great extended HC (they deploy mortars and MGs). They even have their own mortars, heavy weaponds markers.

Check out this thread by Igneous01. Maybe you can incorporate into your HC.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=128524

Anyway of disbaling enemy HC markers on map. Once you have contact with enemy, their markers stays n map even if they managed to get away and now are 10km away. You still see them on map.

Thanks for a great addon.

this system is really twitchy. the transport system is very tempermental. I have a group of 1 guy that is assigned as driver to vehicle 1. If its a truck he will get in. If its a tank he wont. with the truck then I cant get squads to enter as cargo.

I have a group of 1 guy that is assigned as driver to vehicle 1. If its a truck he will get in. If its a tank he wont. with the truck then I cant get squads to enter as cargo.

I'd need a more detailed explanation of the commands you are using and the initial situation to be able to help. The explanation at the top of page 5 might help. Otherwise the instructions that come with High Command Extensions.

Does this script make the game have some kind of pause when issuing orders or are they carried out right away?

What I mean is in vanilla when you order a squad to move somewhere - it does that immediately - even though you may want to set a more complex route and for several squads at once. But before you'll get to the next squad - the first squad may get itself into trouble.

Does this script make the game have some kind of pause when issuing orders or are they carried out right away?

What I mean is in vanilla when you order a squad to move somewhere - it does that immediately - even though you may want to set a more complex route and for several squads at once. But before you'll get to the next squad - the first squad may get itself into trouble.

There are no delays in High Command Extensions on waypoints or synchronisation yet. However, it would be possible and good to do.

Waypoints can have time outs which I assume means that a group can be made to wait a long time before going to the next waypoint. A dummy waypoint could be generated for the groups that you wish to move, while you create a complex set of waypoints. Then the time out could be set to zero when you want them all to move.

It would be good if multiple waypoints could be selected on the map interface, say by holding control down and clicking on them. That would make it easy to synchronise them and set orders on the waypoints. However, I don't know if it is possible to implement selecting multiple waypoints with scripts yet.

A pause will go a long way already.

There will be no extreme need for multiple waypoint selection with it.

Anyway of disbaling/hiding enemy HC markers on map??? Once you have contact with enemy, their markers stays n map even if they managed to get away and now are 10km away. You still see them on map.