Sign in to follow this  
jerryhopper

ArmA3 Interview with Ivan Buchta by nordrassilradio

They're thinking about weapon resting!!!! Yay :D

But its good to hear about the setting and gameplay. We can finally put all the worries anyone had about future weapons to rest.

They already made their profits from old games, and the new profit is to be made with the new game, so personally I don't see the problem.

And afaik this has been BIS's policy for all the released ofp/arma games.

CWA is imo unrelated, it's a 10 year existence special gift, they could either adjust the old OFP game to beef it up (like they did),

or they could've done a complete port of the old content to the A2 engine (which kinda CWR and CAA1/OAC do).

In both cases, you're using the (old) content with a valid license of the game (original or newer games).

The latter is far more complex and involving :)

I see, where you pointing at. However why let bis do it while we have wolle's team that is doing such a good job at it ....

Anyway I still have the old ofp installed and I still play it when I want to go back where it all started. However I think it would be nice to see it all at one place in the latest installment

Cold war assault

Armed assault

ArmA 2

with all the campaigns and islands and units in ArmA3 gimmi gimmi :D

Edited by KBourne

... However I think it would be nice to see it all at one place in the latest installment ...

this would mean that some units will have thermal texures others not, some units can change gear others not, some weapons can be customised some not, some vehicles have gears and good phisix others not, some aircraft have countermeasure others not, and so on.

i prefer only arma3 content in the game because iam a purist and want the same features and quality for all units in the game. not such bad inconsistence like with arma 2 and arrowhead units (thermal textures, weapon zeroing, ...).

iam definitely in the "less quantity more quality camp" ;)

this would mean that some units will have thermal texures others not, some units can change gear others not, some weapons can be customised some not, some vehicles have gears and good phisix others not, some aircraft have countermeasure others not, and so on.

Eh?

some vehicles have gears and good phisix others not

some units will have thermal textures others units do not have that?

Now if bis can make the content up to par to the new engine they will have it.

So is it in real life mate!

some units can change gear like specops others are restricted to use standards issued gear some weapons can be customized other weapons will not able to do so, some aircraft have countermeasures others aircrafts are in fact not geared for it. So from my pov i don't see a problem with it as long if it is up to par on the new engine requirements and thus everyone will be happy on the so highly discussion that bis decided to take a more newer approach ....

kind regards

Edited by KBourne
Gramma

Thanks for the kind words folks. Part 3 up tomorrow! :)

posts 1 wtf ! :butbut: welcome to the forums? :p

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

I think the content of all previous versions should come as DLC and a bit later on disc at a reasonable price. This way, BIS could generate some profit from those who are willing to pay for the chance to play all BIS games in the latest version of the engine, but players are not "forced" to buy the same game twice.

So basically you recommend that I will be forced to pay for the same thing twice? No thank you.

One of the major things I liked about BIS that unlike with many "AAA" developers when I buy a new installment I don't just lose the access to the previous content and have to use old engine for it.

Buying a new game from BIS is more like updating your old one (provided the content gets ported by the community of course) so I never feel like I'm just buying some new island and a version increment.

Edited by metalcraze

No I think he meant only if you don't already own them

I don't mean to offend Ivan here, but I had to stop listening to the constant Uhhhhhh's that followed every other word. Is there a summary somewhere?

I don't mean to offend Ivan here, but I had to stop listening to the constant Uhhhhhh's that followed every other word. Is there a summary somewhere?

Yes, the confirmed features thread. Read whats written with blue in the list.

I don't mean to offend Ivan here, but I had to stop listening to the constant Uhhhhhh's that followed every other word.
Expect to get head smashed with 2 beer kegs :butbut::p

Nice interview, thanks for the links and also the info. I notice the mention of subs being at least able to be controlled but mainly for mission makers, which is good, unless it was asked I assume that's the same for movement of Carrier ships?

Either way opens up a whole separate mission scope for the water. Like the fact that it was mentioned about the futurist side and its not going to be taken too out into la la land, which I was expecting anyway IE: future normality :)

Part 2 has enough information about porting help of A2 content so its business as usual.

I also liked the tag line in the video comments:

Tag Line : arma3 ivan buchta nordrassil radio e3 2011 arma bohemia interactive awesome amazing cool nice fantastic great ragdoll ragdolls physics physx nvidia gamespot in-game footage interview good best rising fun funny space exclusive sweet pretty computer interviews "interview part" post sexy time
Edited by mrcash2009

Yes, the confirmed features thread. Read whats written with blue in the list.

Thanks.

It kind of saddens me to think this game is going to be based on future militaries... but its ok I guess. I just hope ACE or something can put some of the old school stuff back on... but I think I might just stick with ArmA 2 for a while...

You know full well the community will be swarming with addons of all timelines when A3 is released, I bet there will be an abrams within the first few months.

DeclaredEvol:

Its not based in the future the way you seem to think. Like Ivan B. says most weapons, vehicles and gear will stay realistic but for example a helmet can get some additional gadgets that arent common today. Also mentioned was some weapon system that exists but are big and require lots of juice today which will be scaled down in the game to work on vehicles instead of ships. So its not really future-fantasy gear - just modified a bit. I know this is hell enough for rivet counters (im a counter to a degree as well).

However most of the gear will stay realistic as said in the interview, and even the island will stay as is apart from some small additions here and there that will reflect near future stuff. To me it all sounds reassuring. It wont go into the space age, and yes, mods will come for those that cant stand the slightest artistic freedom. :)

It's all good.

Eh?

Now if bis can make the content up to par to the new engine they will have it.

So is it in real life mate!

some units can change gear like specops others are restricted to use standards issued gear some weapons can be customized other weapons will not able to do so, some aircraft have countermeasures others aircrafts are in fact not geared for it. So from my pov i don't see a problem with it as long if it is up to par on the new engine requirements and thus everyone will be happy on the so highly discussion that bis decided to take a more newer approach ....

kind regards

my english isnt the best, i wanted to say that i dont want content that isnt using the new engine features but should have them.

for example the arma 2 units that cant use backpacks and are completely white in thermal vision.

BIS havent even updated arma 2 content to OA standart so i cant imagine them doing the ArmA 2 and 1 and oFP content properly, but for sure this would be great!

but if you can for example undress the arma3 units to their underpants and cant do this with the ported arma2 units, i would not like to have them.

while waiting for part 3, i just realised about the beauty of a 'multipart' audio/video release in this thread.

-The thread stays active over a couple of days.

-Slow news sites pick this up when there is still new content.

-The item reaches a broader audience.

brilliant!

my english isnt the best, i wanted to say that i dont want content that isnt using the new engine features but should have them.

for example the arma 2 units that cant use backpacks and are completely white in thermal vision.

BIS havent even updated arma 2 content to OA standart so i cant imagine them doing the ArmA 2 and 1 and oFP content properly, but for sure this would be great!

but if you can for example undress the arma3 units to their underpants and cant do this with the ported arma2 units, i would not like to have them.

don't worry about your English mine is not that good aether ;-) ...

I see I think I get this, but on the other hand I also think we need to just let the community do it. If you take a closer look at it this should cost tons of time and recourses that bis better puts in other things.

The creativity of the community stays alive that way, I have some things that I would like to see in ArmA3 on standard release because I think such things are better don by them, this way the community can build on it but former stuff from e.g. Operation flashpoint cold war crisis, Armed Assault and ArmA2 etc etc can be ported by us ...

kind regards

Edited by KBourne
Gramma

Fireing from vehicles maybe, fook yeah!

Edit: Surprised that the damage system/model for armour wasn't asked about, or did I miss it?

Edited by SAbre4809

Fireing from vehicles maybe, fook yeah!

Thats what I was thinking

Here's part 3...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-sqTmGEMUk

Jerry feel free to update your first post when you get a chance.

Np. I was at doctor, but managed to Post it via my droid.

Can't wait till i get home

-edit : Home!

Quote Ivan Buchta Part3 @11:30

" i hope there will be no ArmA4 "

Sorry WHAT??!!!!!

Edited by jerryhopper

Maybe he means that he hope ArmA3 is so good that we don't really need a "ArmA 4" for the next 10 years, so that they have time to make some other fun stuff untill Suma get mad again and going back to mil sim?

Edited by 4 IN 1

Oh I sure hope that there won't be an ArmA 4 for 10 years. I think the content is starting to get real rich in A2 and then we'll be dropping pretty much all of it when A3 comes out.