Sign in to follow this  
jerryhopper

ArmA3 Interview with Ivan Buchta by nordrassilradio

i spotted the following via twitter:

arma3int.jpg

Briggsil interviews Ivan Buchta from Bohemia on the new ArmA3 game due out next year. Tune in to hear important questions answered regarding the game.

August 1st

19:00 – 21:00 CEST 13:00 – 15:00 EST

Be there or be square.

----------

The audio showed up on youtube, here is the first part.

3n2LwQXTNyc

PART 2

kh0VV0yzYNc

Part 3 interview with Ivan Buchta

M-sqTmGEMUk

source : http://www.nordrassilradio.com/site/arma3-creative-director-interview/

via: Twitter - @ParaGraphicL ( thanks! )

Edited by jerryhopper

Thanks Briggsil and Ivan - quality interview!

Good interview ;) I wasn't able to follow the whole interview so it's nice to have it on youtube. Thanks a lot

blarg, waiting on the next part is forcing me to find ways to kill time.

Shame, no controlable submarines

:(

I would have liked to drive a sub in a big multi island map

But will the community be allowed to port Chernarus into ArmA3?

That's the real question

thanks for posting ;)

---------- Post added at 00:54 ---------- Previous post was at 00:53 ----------

metalcraze that depends if someone ask for the approval first ;) and actually has the powers to finish that task :)

I think most Arma fans on youtube are already accustomed to Briggsil's voice! Looking forward to the interview.

the cars will have gears he said!

hopefully you can select manual shifting too ... and force feedback for steering wheels and i need no racing games anymore.

the cars will have gears he said!

hopefully you can select manual shifting too ... and force feedback for steering wheels and i need no racing games anymore.

Haven't had time for a listen yet -but that sounds awesome. Grinding gears in Greek Isles ftw. Vehicle outta gas, pop the clutch!

Wasn't gears mentioned as part of audio engine upgrades? Having to deal with gears sounds a bit painful, but I guess I kinda asked for it (more focus on non infantry stuff, to make those a bit more difficult too), so I guess I'll just have to cope if implemented that way :p

Wasn't gears mentioned as part of audio engine upgrades? Having to deal with gears sounds a bit painful, but I guess I kinda asked for it (more focus on non infantry stuff, to make those a bit more difficult too), so I guess I'll just have to cope if implemented that way :p

Yes he said something about shifting when talking about vehicle sounds. I heard nothing that made me think there would be any manual gear shifting in the driving mechanic.

he said "engines of vehicles will now have the correct shifting. the sound should reflect it".

sounds to me like the cars have gears and the propper sound will be added too, but english isnt my main language so i might be mistaken?

edit: iam sure they will have automatic gears, but it will feel alot better when driving a hill in first gear with propper sound. i still hope for option for manual shifting too!

But will the community be allowed to port Chernarus into ArmA3?

That's the real question

Since CWR2 has Everon (albeit this was more homemade) and CAA1 has Sahrani, I don't see why CAA2 (or whatever a project will be called) can't port Chernarus over.

Because the CAA1 project stopped development a long time ago. Since then it has been other community members sporadically making their own updates for it.

Thanks to Briggsil and Ivan for the interview!

Because the CAA1 project stopped development a long time ago. Since then it has been other community members sporadically making their own updates for it.
Interesting enough is that when CAA1 was active, it was asking for community support and didn't get it, afaik one of the reasons why it was dropped.

But then when it's dropped, people start coming out of the woodwork :D. Social Psychology?

Anyway, generally speaking, all previous game's content should be free to be used in the future games. But not in reverse (A2 content in A1, A3 content in A2 etc), obviously.

Interesting enough is that when CAA1 was active, it was asking for community support and didn't get it, afaik one of the reasons why it was dropped.

But then when it's dropped, people start coming out of the woodwork :D.

"You don't know what you've got, 'til it's gone." ;)

Anyway, generally speaking, all previous game's content should be free to be used in the future games. But not in reverse (A2 content in A1, A3 content in A2 etc), obviously.

You have a good point here besides the fact that people that don't own previous content bis games are also able to play with those content without contributing for it.

I mean I don't see that entirly as fair towards bis so a tiny charge for it to those that dont own would be in place, some sort of didection of registration settings of the former games to download it freely but if it is not didected you will be re directed for payment. On the other hand this might take a lot of effort for bis to do it that way but they did it also with the download for the re release of ArmA Cold war assault so i think they might be able to do it again for such features .....

kind regards

I think the content of all previous versions should come as DLC and a bit later on disc at a reasonable price. This way, BIS could generate some profit from those who are willing to pay for the chance to play all BIS games in the latest version of the engine, but players are not "forced" to buy the same game twice.

You have a good point here besides the fact that people that don't own previous content bis games are also able to play with those content without contributing for it.

I mean I don't see that entirly as fair towards bis so a tiny charge for it to those that dont own would be in place, some sort of didection of registration settings of the former games to download it freely but if it is not didected you will be re directed for payment. On the other hand this might take a lot of effort for bis to do it that way but they did it also with the download for the re release of ArmA Cold war assault so i think they might be able to do it again for such features .....

kind regards

They already made their profits from old games, and the new profit is to be made with the new game, so personally I don't see the problem.

And afaik this has been BIS's policy for all the released ofp/arma games.

CWA is imo unrelated, it's a 10 year existence special gift, they could either adjust the old OFP game to beef it up (like they did),

or they could've done a complete port of the old content to the A2 engine (which kinda CWR and CAA1/OAC do).

In both cases, you're using the (old) content with a valid license of the game (original or newer games).

The latter is far more complex and involving :)

Edited by Sickboy