Sign in to follow this  
jeza

West-Kent Map UK WIP

Dont know if we can fix the ai driving on the wrong side.....u may have to pretend your a yank on vacation....

Ha brilliant martin, many thanks, il use these along with what i get done by the time the pm arrives. as i decided to do the way you came up with and it is alot easier, just need to work out how to curve the roads for corners getting correct road types to fit.

I almost forgot, there is a way to do that too:

1) Zoom out in Visitor so you can see the whole map on your .

2) In the Panel of objects window (where you have all your objects and stuff) click on the dropdown box and select "background images"

3) Click "new image" and then find the image that you want to use as your background. (I believe it has to be in .BMP format).

Tip: You don't really need a high resolution image for this; I think a 1024x1024 pixel screenshot form Google Earth will do you nicely. But try to do all the roads in go because I don’t think the background image will be there when you save and open the project again.

As for road curves I'll make a little video for you Shorty showing you how to use my roads.

Many thanks again. Im just using ctrl and mouse at the moment then stick another road on the end of one untill the curve is complete. Obviously for roads im using road networks, annoying thing is having to go through each tick box thing each time i click a road, but i guess thats what copy and paste is for!

Video done Jeza:

De9GUTCgAY0

As for the roads, I haven't had time to get back to them today because I still have a lot to do on Taviana, I'll finish them first thing tomorrow.

Video done Jeza:

As for the roads, I haven't had time to get back to them today because I still have a lot to do on Taviana, I'll finish them first thing tomorrow.

nice video!! ..... quick question , will AI see this as a road? and drive along it? or isit just objects placed down looking like a road?

Edited by W0lle

nice video!! ..... quick question , will AI see this as a road? and drive along it? or isit just objects placed down looking like a road?

Yep, AI will see it as a road and drive on it just like they do on any road yes.gif Anyway back on topic wink.gif

Yep, AI will see it as a road and drive on it just like they do on any road yes.gif Anyway back on topic wink.gif

Sweet awsome crisis over, thanks for the video very helpful, now if you could help with contacting alien civilizations in space we'll be on our way :D

wow i live in Tunbridge Wells, well sort of, i live in the countryside.

Cant wait for this map!

Edited by hetsar

I live over the border in West Sussex, looking good bud :) Roads are very very unrealistic though, not nearly enough potholes! I kid, great work guys :)

Update WIP Neighborhood type shots

Right on the roads now, this is to give you a rough idea what what small neighborhoods will be like, and look at those british roads mmm! Many thanks to Martin for taking his time to make and give me the roads :)

As i said this should look like most settlement area's apart from the main housing area which will look more neat middle class type area.

*Note around half the buildings will be custom (hopefully) and there will be road signs (british)

wip1.jpg

wip2.jpg

wip3.jpg

wip4.jpg

wip5.jpg

wip6.jpg

wip7.jpg

Kind Regards Jeza

Edited by Jeza

Can't wait to get stuck behind a caravan on those roads on a Sunday afternoon!

Very nice and fast progress Jeza :smile:

But for the roads I would recommend this biggrin.gif:

zztruck.jpg

On a serious note tough, how did you make the terrain for this island, did you do it manually in Visitor or with a height map?

I think we may be able to quickly fix the sharp bumps on the roads tough so people don't spill their tea.

A nice high resolution satellite mask will also look nice on this island, since its only 5x5 km it won't take a very long time and I can help you with it.

I'll PM you regarding the height map later today.

Keep it up good.gif

@Jedra dont I know it pall

@Martin

Cheers for the kind words

I used L3DT to create the terrain, in my config terrain level is at 30 i think. Sent u a pm and replacing things in visitor. :)

Edited by Jeza

Look pretty nice Jeza,

Will you also be make some custom UK houses for this island?

I'm thinking of doing a British island after Taviana myself, the only problem that I face are roads because in the UK they drive on the other side and AI doesn't know how to :sad:

lol yes never tought abouth that :D

Hello all

Update for you the map had been on hiatus since september of last year, but recently I have been able to get back into the swing of things thanks in so small part to martin who has been invaluable with his help and assistence in the project.

So I thought I would post to let you know the project is not dead and there also are some screenshots I grabbed for you to look at. Nothing to special in the screens but just showing you what I do as I go, also you can expect some custom architecture along the line as well as the roads. Once again the map is early stage, but there's a rough time frame of a month or so for release, but don't hold me to it, I drink to much to hold deadlines!

arma2oa2012-03-0323-44-08-37.jpg

arma2oa2012-03-0323-44-37-21.jpg

arma2oa2012-03-0323-44-57-22.jpg

arma2oa2012-03-0323-47-26-94.jpg

arma2oa2012-03-0323-49-26-74.jpg

arma2oa2012-03-0323-52-09-32.jpg

arma2oa2012-03-0323-53-03-60.jpg

arma2oa2012-03-0323-54-22-81.jpg

arma2oa2012-03-0323-54-50-68.jpg

arma2oa2012-03-0323-55-01-73.jpg

Higher Res:

Thanks, and feedback as ever is appreciated just note its my first map and its still in early/midway stages.

Kind Regards Jeza

Nice to see another European Map, your screenshot reminds me the French country ;)

Id randomly set the azimuth of the bushes more. Id also look into Betons summer veg mod, so you can have green trees instead of the annoying orange (see what i did there?) trees that are all over chernarus.

Still looking great mate, I just can't get over how 1:1 those roads look.

Looks great. I'm from Ashford so watching with interest. Any Chavs we can shoot?

Nice Jeza, the last two screen shots of the forests look very nice indeed good.gif Once you get some more objects placed this map will really come to life drinks.gif

Id randomly set the azimuth of the bushes more. Id also look into Betons summer veg mod, so you can have green trees instead of the annoying orange (see what i did there?) trees that are all over chernarus.

Indeed, the bushes and tree placement are not final nor the actual tree type themselves once i get into that within the next few days on this corner of the map i hope to rectify a few things.

Looks great. I'm from Ashford so watching with interest. Any Chavs we can shoot?

Cheers. lol maybe not so much here, could always add a maidstone map after :)

Nice Jeza, the last two screen shots of the forests look very nice indeed Once you get some more objects placed this map will really come to life

You'd know! :) Will put the plan into effect today or tomorrow, may be an fps issue on lower end rigs with the chelsea garden like bushes.. :confused:

Must...resist... :D

:p wkd side.

Looking well snazzy jez!! ... looking forward to it :yay:

cheers boss, might give you a kick up the butt to get yours going ;)

Thanks all for the feedback should have more for you in the coming week or so, many thanks

Regards Jeza

Nice work so far dude. Like the open areas for tank battles.

Agreed. Looks great, I like it a lot!