Sign in to follow this  
FOZGENE

Getting Error...

I've uninstalled already,but both times when I try to launch Arma 2 operation arrowhead+BAF+PMC I get this error: cannot create 3d device,adapter(ATI RADEON 4300/4500 series) full screen resolution 1280X960,format X8R8G8B8/A2B10G10R10 D2458,refresh 75 hz. error D3DERR_Invalidcall.

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Does anyone know how to fix this or even what it means and where to start?

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

my video car is running shader 4.0 the game say's 3.0 does that matter?

You have updated your video card drivers, correct? Have you also updated DirectX?

Downloads:

ATI Drivers (This will automatically detect the correct drivers for you.)

DirectX

thnx for the links,But I still can't launch the game.I checked the log and it was saying invalid CD key maybe that is what's stopping it from loading.I think I'll take it back and exchange to see if the CD key will work I know my PC can handle this game easily so I'm thinking it's the invalid cd key stopping game from launching.

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

this game is a piece of SHIT.just like america's army 3 on steam"they are a joke as well".I just went and installed a fresh unopened copy and still the same problem.my video card will play anything else I stick in so what's up? if you're going to make a game and sell it "MAKE SURE IT FUCKING WORKS PROPERLY ON ALL O.S SYSTEMS DUMBASSES".

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

And not to mention the support team won't answer back or e.mail me back bout the problem "pussies" I'm alittle upset computers can't run our world if they can't even run a simple video game!

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

here is my o.s! windows 7 professional service pack 1/intel celeron d 3.46ghz and 3.47ghz dual proccessor/ATI 4350 HD 512mb video card./Ram 1.50 GB.

I know its frustrating but having a tantrum and name calling is just going to get you banned.

Did you actually install the DirectX in the link above? ARMA needs DirectX9 not the newer 11

Now that you installed another copy of ARMA you might have given yourself problems.

Uninstall and clean the registry of any reference to ARMA. Then reinstall

Edited by EDcase

I'll try again with the direct X but not sure if it will help.

it was saying invalid CD key

That's the problem ^

Try running the game as administrator. To do this, right click on the .exe or shortcut and then click "Run As Administrator".

Also, with your attitude no one will want to help you. You'd better straighten up, or you'll never get help for your problem. The game is working fine on many, many other computers around the world, so the issue is obviously on your end and not the game.

I know I appologize to every one just frustrating is all.I got everything up to date,won't run as adminostrator either? here is what is happening I launch game it jump's up this little box and start's like check marks in the little boxes it get's to the last 2 and just crashes giving me the error D3DERR_invalidcall.

I know my PC can handle this game easily
here is my o.s! windows 7 professional service pack 1/intel celeron d 3.46ghz and 3.47ghz dual proccessor/ATI 4350 HD 512mb video card./Ram 1.50 GB.

Uhm....yeah, sure.

Minimal PC Requirements

CPU: Dual Core Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz / Intel Core 2.0 GHz / AMD Athlon 3200+ or faster

RAM: 1 GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 / ATI Radeon 1800 with Shader Model 3 and 256 MB VRAM or faster

In red i've marked where your system fails to reach the minimum requirements. But since it's only the CPU and the graphic card it is surely not critical, what do you think?

MAKE SURE IT FUCKING WORKS PROPERLY ON ALL O.S SYSTEMS DUMBASSES

Well, it seems to work more or less on all systems that reach the minimum requirements.

[makeUppercase]make sure you fucking compared your pc with the minimum requirements.[/makeUppercase]

:EDITH:

The D suffix actually has no official designation, and does not indicate that these models are dual-core. It is used simply to distinguish this line of Celeron from the previous, lower performing Northwood and Willamette series, and also from the mobile series, the Celeron M (which also uses 3xx model numbers). Unlike the Pentium D, the Celeron D is not a dual core processor.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celeron_D#Celeron_D

At this point, please take not of my avatar, thank you.

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Are you sure you installed DirectX 9?

The error D3DERR_invalidcall leads me to believe it's related to DirectX...

but anyways, judging by your specs you won't be able to play anyways. You have a subpar processor, a weak graphics card and less than 2GB of ram...

Please learn to read system requirements prior to purchasing a game. These issues have NOTHING to do with the game or the company that made it.

Yeah what ever I have a dual core processor,it keep's saying it's the D3DERR_invalid error! I'm not here claiming to be a rocket scientist about computers But I know what error it is giving me the. The D3DERR_Invalid error and according to the log it is an invalid CD key so go figure.So Don't get such a hard on and try to insult my integrity PERIOD.I wasn't saying anything in paticular towards you just venting out my frustration ASSHOLE tell them to ban me I don't care.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

this is to [glt]myke

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

I read them and I thought my video card would handle it,It will play other games no prob.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

so to play this 1 game I need to upgrade or buy another computer just to play and handle this one game.

Even if he doesn't match the requirements, he should be able to at least start the game. Unless ArmA checks your PC requirements before starting, which I doubt.

Please try reinstalling DirectX again. Use the link found below, in my signature.

Once installed, restart your PC and try running the game.

You know how the game loads an intro to Utes in the menu? I think his game is trying to do that but the graphics card can't even render Utes. So that's why he's not able to get into the menu.

Yeah, you need to upgrade your computer, pal. This isn't an "average" game, there's a good reason it's PC only and there's a good reason we talk about FPS rates so much. I have a computer that meets the recommended requirements and still lags, and if you don't even meet the basic ones then what do you expect?

Please read over our forum rules.

§1) No Flaming/Flame-baiting/bigotry

Abusive, racist, sexist, homophobic comments (or any other type of bigotry), personal attacks and name calling are not allowed either on the forum or through PM's. If you receive a PM that is abusive or you find offensive please forward it to a moderator who will investigate.

Flame-baiting is also not tolerated; flame-baiting is making a post to someone that is obviously intended to elicit an angry response. Mocking/teasing/ridiculing someone or the point someone wants to make is also flamebaiting. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles, messages posted in social groups, as well as quoting someone against their wishes in your signature to belittle/tease/mock them. If someone asks you to remove something they posted on the forum from your signature you must remove it. Common sense tells you that posting someone's PMs without permission is also flamebaiting and will be punished.

§22) Use descriptive thread titles

If you start a new thread, please make sure your thread title explains what you want without forcing people to read through your post first. Thread titles such as "How in the world do I...", "Need help!" or "Will we ever see..." are anything but descriptive. We do not allow these kind of titles and threads with such titles are subject to be closed.

To me, it sounds more like you have an issue with your graphics card and/or its drivers. Make sure you have the latest drivers installed for your graphics card and try running some diagnostic tests on it if it is still not working. And yes, to play "this one game" you're probably going to have to upgrade if you want to play it decently. Your PC is far too old.

Thread locked.