Sign in to follow this  
-=seany=-

Add FXAA support to OA and Arma3- Many AA bugs fixed

Yeah sure no problem, its the least i can do. :)

Im uploading them to photobucket atm, i do hope they appear as thumbnails when i post them.

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Nvidia GTX 570, driver version 280.26

Powerline progress looks good.

Yeah sure no problem, its the least i can do. :)

Im uploading them to photobucket atm, i do hope they appear as thumbnails when i post them.

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

THX for the Screenshots ! Looks as expected so far :cool:

The Dessert Filter need more work i think .... to much over blending ..next release will fix this...

@TheCapulet : Will be better in next release, still a long way to go :rolleyes:

Tbh, i quite like the sepia effect and the colour filter (desert filter?)... or whatever it is that makes me feel like grabbing some ice. ;)

I asked another one of the lads i play with to post his screenies here too so hopefully if he does you can get more of an idea. He used Cherno for his test.

Btw, the powerlines are still pretty much the same from distance. Closer up they do look nice, yes. :)

Edited by rscarrab
added stuffs

Here some more screens

No AA

1120 kb image removed

Old AA @Normal

1120 kb image removed

New AA

1120 kb image removed

Using a AMD6950 (modded to 6970)

Edited by W0lle
Three images > 100 kb removed

May you post some screenshots ?

And try this settings :

Where are these settings actually? Couldn't find them, even searching the entire file with notepad++

Screenshots:

http://ihiopc.com/fxaatest1.jpg

http://ihiopc.com/fxaatest2.jpg

http://ihiopc.com/fxaatest3.jpg

http://ihiopc.com/fxaatest4.jpg

http://ihiopc.com/fxaatest5.jpg

http://ihiopc.com/fxaatest6.jpg

http://ihiopc.com/fxaatest7.jpg

Where are these settings actually? Couldn't find them, even searching the entire file with notepad++

These Settings were from the old Version. Not longer included :rolleyes:

Now we have simple Settings from 1-9

// Minimum 1-9 Maximum

float fxaaQualitySubpix = 8;

// Performance 1-9 Strenght

float fxaaQualityEdgeThreshold = 3;

// Performance 1-9 Strenght

float fxaaQualityEdgeThresholdMin = 3;

just play with the settings for yourself :yay:

I might be just dumb :P but how do I know if Arma is running directx 9 or directx 10?

I might be just dumb :P but how do I know if Arma is running directx 9 or directx 10?

It's running Dx9.

ok thank you very much!

:confused: my shaders are running only DX9... for other games to use FXAA you have to download some_dude´s FXAA Injection Files :cool:

I'm using the Inj_FXAA and a mildly tweaked config. The sharpening really helps with intimate details... e.g. faces. Note that I also have the tone tweak to increase saturation a bit.

With:

withg.th.jpg

Without:

withoute.th.jpg

285 H2O GTXs in SLi.

I gotta say, I'm not really a fan of the 0.22b shaders with default settings. The color filter kinda just makes it look like it's dusk all the time, and really overblows the HDR. Also, the anti-aliasing does not seem as good as some-guy v9 stock IMO. I do like how it makes the trees not look like they have tiny pixel-sized holes anymore, but I think it's a little too much, as they kind of just look like massive blobs now from a distance.

I'll play around with the settings a bit more, but I kinda liked v9 stock better at the moment. :icon_neutral:

I gotta say, I'm not really a fan of the 0.22b shaders with default settings. The color filter kinda just makes it look like it's dusk all the time, and really overblows the HDR. Also, the anti-aliasing does not seem as good as some-guy v9 stock IMO. I do like how it makes the trees not look like they have tiny pixel-sized holes anymore, but I think it's a little too much, as they kind of just look like massive blobs now from a distance.

I'll play around with the settings a bit more, but I kinda liked v9 stock better at the moment. :icon_neutral:

Sad to hear... :( but you´r right... after testing V0.22b on different hardware i found also the AA to strong and the after effects also. Seems to be my ASUS G73SW Display is different to other HD Display ... some Colorcorrection ect dont match standards. I´m not happy with V0.22b ... sorry for an to early release :butbut:

ATM im working on an complete overhaul of the shaders and the FXAA Routine. Also give you more settings to play with.

ETA in an week or so :eek:

Argh! Been missing out on this gem. So now with this I get better AA even without AA enabled? What is the best recommended version to download now?

Will it work on ATI cards btw?

I recommend using Normal AA along with this if you can handle the framerate drop. This has practically no effect on framerate (for me, anyway), and I'm used to playing with Normal AA anyway, so this just enhances that. Using it alone is certainly better than no AA at all, but you're still going to see aliasing effects like the "powerline effect" (thin objects "breaking" apart at distance). Using normal AA along with this helps to alleviate that.

Personally, I'm using some_dude's v10 FXAA shader. You can give EOOQE's custom ArmA2 shader a try if you want, but I feel like it still needs some work (read my post above). Certainly not to say that his efforts are not appreciated, but right now I'm liking the stock shader better. Probably just a personal preference more than anything. :cool:

Also, yes, should work on ATi just fine, as FXAA is platform-agnostic.

My comp can't take it if AA is enabled it will kill the fps to unplayable rate, if it is still able to give some sort of effect boost w/o AA enabled I'll give it a try.

My comp can't take it if AA is enabled it will kill the fps to unplayable rate, if it is still able to give some sort of effect boost w/o AA enabled I'll give it a try.

Yeah, just try it alone then. You will still see a benefit.

Yeah! After reinstalling DirectX9 on my WinXP64 I got the FXAA to work! I tried the v.22b and it seems a bit too grainy (post sharpening I think), but, the over all benefit is quite awesome. I am so thankful to all who have put there efforts into this as it gives my old rig new life with a smooth image and no jaggys.

Thanks! I love it!

If I'm honest I preferred the look of the v21, so I reverted to that version.

Tried this version too and using atm, ty

Hi all ,

after V0.22b found a step back from V0.21 im working ATM on an complete overhaul of the FXAA Routine.

The Effect of the FXAA will be about the strength of 2XAA with only a performance hit of about 1XAA or lower. ATM i got an Framehit from around 6FPS on my ASUS G73SW with an I7 and an GTX460M.

All After Effects will be added but OFF by default and fully editable easily.

More WIP Screens and Videos on my Blog as usual ... so stay tuned :yay:

nice to hear. keep up :)