Sign in to follow this  
dragon01

Extracting BAF and PMC PBOs

How can I extract BAF and PMC PBOs?

All PBO extractors I tried (Eliteness, CPBO, UnPBO) either crashed, or in case of UnPBO, showed gibberish. Of them, only UnPBO was able to extract OA files. I've downloaded all them for Armaholic. Does anybody knows a tool which could extract these files?

Extract the DLC lite pbos in .\arma2\common.

They contain most of the data.

Same results with everything but UnPBO, which now makes a huge file named "ArmA 2 OA".

What I want is music from both addons, I'd like to listen to it outside of the game.

Buy ArmA X which includes all the songs from all the games in MP3 and FLAC formats. :)

Considering I have entire ArmAII series (not from BIS store), can get ArmA dirt cheap at a book store and original OFP either at Allegro (polish version of EBay), or a classics stand in the same book store, also dirt cheap, ArmA X seems a bit expensive for me. Besides, I have already bought AII: RFT, so I should be able to listen to these songs outside of the game, without paying any additional costs.

I should be able to listen to these songs outside of the game, without paying any additional costs.

no. you payed for the game in its final state as a product. Does not mean you are entitled to its components. I know that lots of stuff is openable but the license does not guarantee it.

so I should be able to listen to these songs outside of the game, without paying any additional costs.

Oof.

5 chars.

the law comes before a license. most countries laws permit you to extract products you buy as long as do not circumvent the copy protection

Be more resourceful instead of complaining about it and expecting things to be given to you. Play the songs in game via a trigger and record them with your favorite sound recorder and listen to them at your leisure. There's plenty of ways of getting what you want without getting self righteous about it.

You're not really missing much anyway. BAF's soundtrack is 6 minutes long and PMC's is 12 minutes long, almost every song is only 1 minute long or less. It's all on YouTube as well and has been for months.

the law comes before a license. most countries laws permit you to extract products you buy as long as do not circumvent the copy protection

wouldnt the BAF and PMC encryption then constitute copy protection?

yep they do. this is why there is no tool out there to break it

But why did they encrypted them anyway? From what I've seen, BI is ussualy friendly to modders. I don't think encrypting these files helps modding in any way.

guy A could send the DLC to a friend B easily. So easy piracy.

But why did they encrypted them anyway? From what I've seen, BI is ussualy friendly to modders. I don't think encrypting these files helps modding in any way.

Nothing in the BAF pbos that would tell modders more then any other pbos.