Due to time constraints, i have not much time to develop this any further, so i thought i just release it sort of like a public beta for anyone who might enjoy a bit beafier artillery ingame.

This also contains a M224 60mm mortar addon which can be integrated into the artillery module and with proper script usage it is mobile.

Keep in mind that this is a beta, so there is still some functionality issues in certain situations.

Enjoy :)

This mod is enhancing the capabilities of the Arma2 artillery module with

more ordnances and custom sounds to create that battlefield atmosphere.

The new ordnances can be used to create totally new mission objectives

and tactical scenarios like creating mine fields deep inside of the enemy territory or disrupting enemy communications/equipment.

The Arma2 artillery module has been written by Headspace and he deserves all credit and respect for its functionality.

The mod presented here is simply an enhancement of that functionality with additional scripts, configs, particle effects and sound effects

New Ordnances: DPICM, ERGM, AD/EXJAM, AD/EXECM, ADAM, RAMM

y0rOK6G5QUI

1JF2FvitjfU

SotxWvVJY7w

oLg1ddbY_io

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUcGIBdB9EI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUcGIBdB9EI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

And here with tracers to visualize the submunition trajectories:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWA6M48QfhU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWA6M48QfhU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

VERSION HISTORY

v0.8 : public beta release, some errors fixed.

v0.69 : Tons of new distant sound fx added. Excalibur ordnance added.

M224 + mobility scripts added.

v0.68 : Sound effects added. Evasion scripts for infantry/vehicles added.

V0.67 : Mine physics script added, mine configs adapted to terrain

detection circustances

V0.66 : ADAM and RAMM ordnances added

Logic icon edited

Submunition scattering script math re-done

Scattering is now only dependent on deployment altitude

V0.65 : New HE sounds added. Impact effects tweaked.

Destruction effects for the jammers added.

Jammer scripts and ECM scripts written.

Ammo config names changed.

V0.61 : Due to an error in the script arty_shellflight.sqf

of the ingame arty module the ammotype of deployed

shells is not communicated to the script shellmonitor.sqf

which makes its use with rocket-based projectiles impossible.

Therefore decided to go for an entire independent module to have

full script control.

V0.6 : Hijacked Arma2 artillery module scripts

Download: CHN ARTY+ V0.8 (Armaholic)

CHN ARTY+ V0.8 (Mediafire)

Edited by Charon Productions

Wow, this is a great surprise. I thought this addon had bitten the dust some time back, despite always hoping it would see the light of day. Thank you Charon! This will make a lot of difference in my missions.

Looks very promising! I've been looking for something like this for a long time.

and oh lawdy, I'm already lost on this one... I'm such a fucking noob.

Edited by The Hebrew Hammer

Hey Charon! Good to see this come to release! This addon has inspired me countless times in my artillery work! :)

Awesome work can't wait to test it out!

Reminds of Unified Artillery by CoC from the OFP days. The artillery fired real shells as opposed to just camCreate above target and the trajectories were realistic enough to be traced back to source, and more importantly not 110% accurate.

Does this addon contain the same realism?

Do you plan to add white phosphorus munitions?

wow these look amazing!.. grabbing them now :yay:

I believe the BIS WP rounds already work in terms of visuals but I'm not sure if they actually damage/kill troops.

Nice to see Excalibur's included. Any chance of SADARM being added? The BIS version of this round doesn't work at all.

@Munger : I had planed it actually, since the SADARM was probably not fully implemented in Arma2 due to development time issues.

Maybe i'll throw it in, if i find the time.

@mad rabbit: To convincingly simulate the wp secondary effects would take some cpu punishing efforts. Also there is no way you can access the cloudlet positions from a script, so it could just be a general area.

@NouberNou: Good to hear that, good luck with your projects )

@The Hebrew Hammer: If you mean with "lost" that you find it hard to adapt to your missions, just check the included demo missions.

In the file called check.sqf you see exactly how the respective ordnance is called.

I couldn't figure out how to use this mod. Artillery Computers and Target Artillery don't work anymore, even with vanilla artillery pieces.

All the example missions work as expected, but if I place a mortar in the editor and fire at a target, the rounds never materialize. It's like they disappear en-route.

Also, the distant explosion sounds were playing when the rounds I fired were only half-way to the target with a full minute left on their flight times. Unless the mod made them fall drastically short.

I couldn't figure out how to use this mod. Artillery Computers and Target Artillery don't work anymore, even with vanilla artillery pieces.

All the example missions work as expected, but if I place a mortar in the editor and fire at a target, the rounds never materialize. It's like they disappear en-route.

Also, the distant explosion sounds were playing when the rounds I fired were only half-way to the target with a full minute left on their flight times. Unless the mod made them fall drastically short.

Didn't really have time to test manual firing, this is mainly meant for having the artillery being called in and let the scripts do the job.

I try to have a look into the manual part.

Oh okay, I guess I'll look at that script, I tried some of the demo missions but couldn't find a solider who had any radio triggers synced with them like you would to normally call in a fire mission.