Sign in to follow this  
Leopardi

The 3 things that decide if I will buy ArmA III

There are 3 things that will make me buy ArmA III:

*A OFP:CWC/Red Hammer/Resistance style campaign

*Smooth lifelike soldier animations for immersion

*Non-warpy netcode (especially the bots in co-ops)

Please accomplish at least one of these BIS.

:pray:

*Non-warpy netcode (especially the bots in co-ops)

It's being worked on.

Although, I'm not sure of your other deciding factors. Now you only need to worry about 2. :P

Animations is a big concern for ArmA3 as well.

Campaign sounds like it might be cool, though I'm not big on High Command. :)

though I'm not big on High Command.

I agree. I hope they just don't throw the player into a big and confusing position. Go back to the roots (OFP) where they started the player off with training, just easing the player into the game, and basic missions before any sort of authority was given to the player.

<3 Smooth animations. <3 Better netcode. Campaign.... MEH!

The exact nature of the campaign is unknown at this point, but the information we have so far is promising. The last two points are definitely being worked on though.

For starters, even the feature list on the Arma3 site boasts a "completely revamped animation system". Lord Buchta has also said in an interview that they are particularly aiming for AI movements to be more lifelike. So far so good.

As for the net code, the link Dice provided says it all. The interpolation system, though still buggy, is being worked on and tested in OA beta patches.

In the E3 video Ivan says ARMA3 will have smoother animations. He also says ARMA3 will be for a greater audience and i think smoother animations is one of the things that would make the game easier to get into since most other FPS players think its clunky as hell.

Smoother anim system is good as long as we dont get "floating guns" ala popular FPS games. Actually im sure BIS wouldnt do that to us but i had to say it. :)

I personally hope BIS have time in their schedule to spen on 'Polishing' the game.

I understand it's difficult in the industry but when time can be found to sort out the 'minor' issues that don't break the game but make the game much more pleasurable the result and general review from customers will be noticed. (coming from someone who works in the games industry and have had a release where 'polish' time was something that was implemented in one of the versions; really proved its weight in gold/worth).

smoother animations via new IK system would be preferable over improving the existing ones (and the current sys). just my 2 cents anyways

In the E3 video Ivan says ARMA3 will have smoother animations. He also says ARMA3 will be for a greater audience and i think smoother animations is one of the things that would make the game easier to get into since most other FPS players think its clunky as hell.

I have always seen that "clunkyness" as a feature that seperated arma from the shooters where you can turn 180 degrees aim and hit in 0.2 seconds.

Perhaps, but the way this limitation is implemented could be done in a way that doesn't make you feel like you are fighting the mouse so much.

Perhaps, but the way this limitation is implemented could be done in a way that doesn't make you feel like you are fighting the mouse so much.

True :)

1 ANIMATIONS (especially reloading's animations)

2 better Multiplayer modes (aas as standard)

3 load the custom island /map like a mission, not in separate mod

Isn't it funny how all these headbangers come out of the woodwork to spout on about a game not released yet!

Never seem about 80% on the forums ever before !

I have always seen that "clunkyness" as a feature that seperated arma from the shooters where you can turn 180 degrees aim and hit in 0.2 seconds.

Agreed. I see it the same way. Hopefully the anim system will be smooth enough for better CQB but still with "weight" and effects from tiredness.

1. Is it out yet.

when i see on video, i will believe

as far as i know, in the video presentation, are still the same

Hopefully the anim system will be smooth enough for better CQB but still with "weight" and effects from tiredness.

Agreed. I think it should be possible to improve upon the current system without things getting "arcadey". Here's looking forward to seeing the "revamped animation system" in action.

Smoother anim system is good as long as we dont get "floating guns" ala popular FPS games. Actually im sure BIS wouldnt do that to us but i had to say it. :)

For games like Crysis 2 and BF3 (judging by the trailers) that show the full body, are those basically floating hands or are you seeing the same 3rd person model just in first person view? Because if so, then BIS could do something like that. Would greatly support CQB gameplay while not having floating hands.

For games like Crysis 2 and BF3 (judging by the trailers) that show the full body, are those basically floating hands or are you seeing the same 3rd person model just in first person view? Because if so, then BIS could do something like that. Would greatly support CQB gameplay while not having floating hands.

I am pretty sure crysis 2 is not just floating hands. You can see your legs move with your body as well...

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

About the campaign. I would love for it to just ease the player in. From basic training all the way up to maybe special forces. I always felt that in arma and arma 2, that I got to command the squad way to early. Not everyone is an arma vet, so think about the new players. This could definetly help them.

Crysis 2 is 'floating hands'. Legs are just for visual show. Hands are not tied to the body.

Same in BF3

Crysis 2 is 'floating hands'. Legs are just for visual show. Hands are not tied to the body.

Same in BF3

no crysys/wars have floating hands

in Crysys 2 the animations are in full body, indeed there is difficult to port the weapons from C1 to C2

i have c1 and c2 and both editors

[/color]About the campaign. I would love for it to just ease the player in. From basic training all the way up to maybe special forces. I always felt that in arma and arma 2, that I got to command the squad way to early. Not everyone is an arma vet, so think about the new players. This could definetly help them.

I, for one, would like the campaigm to actually, y'know....work.

I tried ArmA campaign several times from the start:

• 1st time, a script in the 1st mission didn't trigger, making the mission impossible to complete,
  • 2nd time a extraction chopper just froze in the air,
  • 3rd time the extraction chopper crashed upon landing.

I'm sure there have been some more bugs which made me quit the campaign and just enjoy the great multiplayer, but those are the ones I remember rught now.