Sign in to follow this  
ExplosiveAids

MRAP - RG31 Mk5

He already has, thier good HMMWV's includes 8 versions. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12720&highlight=EXA

You might like to know that our HMMWV pack has been dusted off and Stiltman is working on another ArmA2 release. I won't go into too much detail and spoil the surprise, but we'll be adding a few more HMMWVs to the line-up (the missing ones from the ArmA1 pack, plus a brand new one). That's all I can say. No ETA just yet.

Moving on, I have some new RG pics for you guys...

RG31_wreck2_WIP_02.jpg

RG31_wreck2_WIP_01.jpg

RG31_wreck2_WIP_03.jpg

RG31_wreck2_WIP_04.jpg

The basic wreck model is coming along nicely and I'm now making all the LODs, geometry, Landcontact stuff etc. As you can see, it's nothing fancy but it's better than a kick in the teeth.

We'll upload more pics and videos as soon as we've got it in-game.

Edited by ExplosiveAids

Keep it up explosive, looks amazing. Can't wait to see what it looks like in game. By the way what is the top speed on it (Not that it matters but just curious) And thats awsome, can't wait for those new HMMWV's. the only thing that keeps me from using them in my missions is nobody else seems to use them. Ill have to force myself to use them more often, they realy are great vehicles. They don't get enough attention. Back on subject though keep it up.

Wow! Thanks ExA and Stiltman! Amazing - and more mission possibilities now with a wreck model!

Incredible!

Loving the Gazebo over the gunner - could do with a few more climbing plants ;-)

Seriously though - this is looking the nuts!

Looks amazing, can't wait to see it on the side of the road in Takistan. :cool:

One question, though. Will the M2HB machine gun turret be usable, like the M134 gatling gun on the UH-60M wreck?

Wow looking great, top news on the new Humvees as well.

Looks amazing, can't wait to see it on the side of the road in Takistan. :cool:

One question, though. Will the M2HB machine gun turret be usable, like the M134 gatling gun on the UH-60M wreck?

We have no plans to have the guns usable in v1.0 but we'll look into it for a future update.

Just a quick heads-up, guys. We've been working on the wreck model and recently managed to get it in-game. Stiltman said that he'll make a little preview video at some point, but if you'd like to see some pics, I just updated the ArmA1 thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?123326-MRAP-RG31-Mk5-%28WIP%29&p=2140813#post2140813

I also uploaded a couple of pics of the RG in olive drab :)

Looks great! Very reminiscent of the Mk-5 I spent almost all of my last deployment in as TC.

I just thought of somthing that would be nice to see. As some may know in the ACE Mod there is the Stryker RV which has a Laser Desognator on a CROW's system. Is thier any chance of that being added in a later version. And also any chances of the MK6 being added later (The 4 door version).

I just thought of somthing that would be nice to see. As some may know in the ACE Mod there is the Stryker RV which has a Laser Desognator on a CROW's system. Is thier any chance of that being added in a later version. And also any chances of the MK6 being added later (The 4 door version).

That would certainly be something worth adding in the future. Our 'to do' list is getting pretty big but I'm sure this can be added to it. As for the Mk6, that'll pretty low down on the list. We were also talking about making the Mk5E but that too isn't very high up. I think our main focus will be on adding new weapons (M240, TOW, RWS) and refining the model itself.

I also have a feeling that other projects will take priority over the Mk6 and Mk5E, such as the Husky (which has already been part-built) and something I've had my eye on for a while, a 6x6 RG33L. If anything changes though, I'll keep you posted.

I've had my eye on for a while, a 6x6 RG33L.

Uh oh the RG-33 haha. Well at least you already got plenty of reference pictures if you decide to do it. :P

RG33 would be nice, Better than a MTVR. (THOSE THINGS ARE DEATH TRAPS IN ARMA 2, Everytime i get in one it blows up from a RPG or GP30 GL.)

O! What about TOW variant?!

There is no such thing IRL right now, TOW Launchers are not needed on MRAP's currently. Plus it would kind of take away the point of Mine Resistant Ambush Protected when the gunner is totaly exposed from all angles. (You can't put protection around the gunner with a TOW Launcher because of the Backlash. Although If Exa decided to go with it he would probably do it on a remote camera system like the CROW's on the OA HMMWV's) My honest opinion is he probably won't do it but who knows.

There is no such thing IRL right now, TOW Launchers are not needed on MRAP's currently. Plus it would kind of take away the point of Mine Resistant Ambush Protected when the gunner is totaly exposed from all angles. (You can't put protection around the gunner with a TOW Launcher because of the Backlash. Although If Exa decided to go with it he would probably do it on a remote camera system like the CROW's on the OA HMMWV's) My honest opinion is he probably won't do it but who knows.

Top cover man operated tow mounted on a MRAP.

My bad, I forgot they do mount them on Max Pro's and Caimans but im still yet to find them on the MRAP RG31. I guess with modifacations to the gunners cage you could make it work.