Sign in to follow this  
ExplosiveAids

MRAP - RG31 Mk5

These look amazing, any idea when these will be released?

Thanks, Richard. We'd like to say 'yes' but we have to say 'no.' We're getting close though.

At the moment, I'm working on the ambient shadow maps and this being the first model I've made which uses them, it's turning out to be a bit of a challenge. I've managed to get my head round Soul_Assassin's superb plugin for 3D Studio, but I'm now trying to make my textures work properly. Long story short, I took a lot of shortcuts when it came to texturing my objects and they come back to haunt me. It's nothing I can't handle but it has slowed me down a bit.

We may not be able to update this thread for a while but rest assured, we are still working on it and we'll have some in-game pics & video to show you guys... sometime.

In the meantime if you want to see a few more pics of the RG, head over to my deviantART page. I recently made a few more high resolution desktops in photoshop:

http://nick-foreman.deviantart.com/gallery/

Wow those are incredible, I am part of a tactical realism unit for arma and plan to convince my company commander that served in iraq to use these over hmmwvs. Gonna put both through a stress test and show him why your MRAP will come out on top. So cannot wait on these

Compatible with ACE and ACRE.. most likely yes.

i play with ACE and ACRE so thats what i want to see, but we are also thinking of the people not using those addons to.

Also will these be compatible with ACE and ability to have Radio Mounts with ACRE?

Making something compatible with ACE and ACRE should be done by the ACE and ACRE team. Not by the addon designer.

Making something compatible with ACE and ACRE should be done by the ACE and ACRE team. Not by the addon designer.

As far as coding and scripting...yes. But as far as making a "Rack" for one of the radios to "sit in," doesn't that need a spot in the .p3d model?

As far as coding and scripting...yes. But as far as making a "Rack" for one of the radios to "sit in," doesn't that need a spot in the .p3d model?

If it needs something on the model that isn't there by default (being one of the normal named selections need for the vehicle to work in game) then the ACRE team should release sample MLODs for that to get done. However iirc the radio racks follow a selection that are already on the vehicles by default. But I could be wrong. And there isn't much (if any) in the way of configuration that you have to do to make something "ACE" compatible.

Proper ACE compatibility would make this thing live up to its name, if it rolls over a mine, the vehicle will be disabled, but the crew has a high chance of surviving, however, if it takes an RPG, expect some casualties.

http://wiki.ace-mod.net/wagn/Vehicle_Damage_System#Addon%20Makers

I can ask Nou about ACRE compatibility if you'd like.

Proper ACE compatibility would make this thing live up to its name, if it rolls over a mine, the vehicle will be disabled, but the crew has a high chance of surviving, however, if it takes an RPG, expect some casualties.

That can be done without ACE or any other mod... Either with the MaxxPro, or the Caiman (or both), if you hit a landmine or satchel the crew/passengers survive, but the vehicle is often disabled.

That can be done without ACE or any other mod... Either with the MaxxPro, or the Caiman (or both), if you hit a landmine or satchel the crew/passengers survive, but the vehicle is often disabled.

Right, but if it takes an RPG, and has no cage armour, it just shrugs it off, because it's a hit points based system.

2unDHn_xofg

Well, i felt like you had been without any news for a while now, things are progressing really well i feel its really close to being finished now.
thought id share a "IED" test i did today, things will be balanced and tweaked and worked on even more the coming week hoping to have it out to you all really soon.

WOOHOO Good news :D!

What about Wreck models and textures?!

Wow (Jaw drops to the floor). Keep up the good work and what kind of weapons systems will be mounted in the first version . CROWS's, M134, MK19, TOW, M240?. It would be nice to see a M240 mounted on it, Not many people like those on them but to me its better in certain situations than somthing heavy like a M2 or Mk19

Also? Is this type of MRAP Used by the Marine Corps? Im making a mission with U.S. Marines and I need some good well done MRAPS for it and I think i found one.

Edited by Sup3r6F0ur
To avoid double post.

Also? Is this type of MRAP Used by the Marine Corps? Im making a mission with U.S. Marines and I need some good well done MRAPS for it and I think i found one.

Yes, they are used by US SOCOM, the US Army and the USMC (though the USMC uses it in larger numbers).

Wow (Jaw drops to the floor). Keep up the good work and what kind of weapons systems will be mounted in the first version . CROWS's, M134, MK19, TOW, M240?. It would be nice to see a M240 mounted on it, Not many people like those on them but to me its better in certain situations than somthing heavy like a M2 or Mk19

Would I be getting my hopes up if I was hoping for a route clearance mission?

Also M240 RWS holds like 1000 rounds of ammunition, that's the benefit.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 using Tapatalk

Edited by JDMT

Yes, they are used by US SOCOM, the US Army and the USMC (though the USMC uses it in larger numbers).

Yup, NSW used them when I was in Iraq in '09-'10.

Yup, NSW used them when I was in Iraq in '09-'10.

I assumed SOCOM covered Specwarcom?

It's been a few weeks since our last update (sorry about that, real life has a habit of getting in the way) so I thought it's about time for some news.

I've finally managed to find some time to start on the damage model for the RG. It won't be as detailed as we would like (mainly because that level of detail would take too long to make) but it's not gonna be a real basic, slightly crappy attempt either.

Here are a few screen grabs from 3DS of the unfinished front end damage:

RG_damage_WIP_01.jpg

RG_damage_WIP_02.jpg

RG_damage_WIP_03.jpg

I'm aiming to have the entire suspension damaged, the side bins wrecked and a lot more twisted metal. The overall textures will also be burnt/smoke-damaged; Enough damage to feel accurate but with room to improve in the future.

And for those who asked, in v1.0 of our mod the RG31s will be armed with M2 and Mk19 (M240, TOW and RWS to be added later). I'm also gonna try my best to have Tan and Olive Drab variants when we finally release.

Would I be getting my hopes up if I was hoping for a route clearance mission?

As a matter of fact yes, a route clearing mission is exactly what I was planning. I'm currently working on a British version and later Im going to convert it to U.S. Marines and then one with German forces. But back on subject

Nice job ExplosiveAids, damage models are already looking good, keep it up.

Oh sweet baby Jesus. Oh oh oh! Do a HMMWV! ;)

Looks great man! I can not wait for this!