Sign in to follow this  
Rabidus

Copehill Down WIP Thread

Copehill Down CHD Training Area

"If it aint raining , we aint training"

arma2oa2011072820150439.th.pngarma2oa2011072820152361.th.pngarma2oa2011072820170181.th.pngarma2oa2011072820210371.th.pngarma2oa2011072820202943.th.pngarma2oa2011072820212594.th.png

This is a small 5k map based upon a British Training area in Salisbury Plain . Mainly designed for FIBUA/DIBUA [or OBUA as its now known]. All of the buildings for now are ArmA2 buildings but in time i will be creating the actualy buildings that are used in the area. So yes there will be BP garage and the designer white container's. Altho build for FIBUA the surrounding area's are quite good for other type's of training as there is fairly vast open area's and some dense forest area's . The terrain is as close as i could get it ( for now ) with elements of dead ground on the approach to the village.

This is very early WIP so it does not represent the final product.

Any comments / suggestions would be great! Even more so by those who have been there in real life.

this will be ideal for anyone interested in small unit tactics as that area is perfect for dismounted ops

Would be pretty swish to see some ranges like the ones up my way Bisley

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=ash+gu15&hl=en&ll=51.307411,-0.678298&spn=0.013052,0.033023&sll=38.831438,-98.18621&sspn=64.962228,135.263672&t=h&z=16

The backstop behind them is better mapped on OpenStreetMap (a tad more ambitious, mind), if needs be I can get you some photo reference of the lay of the land (it always felt to me like it'd be an awesome place to turn into a map)

http://osm.org/go/eurVd5HG--

Edited by DaveP

Would be pretty swish to see some ranges like the ones up my way Bisley

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=ash+gu15&hl=en&ll=51.307411,-0.678298&spn=0.013052,0.033023&sll=38.831438,-98.18621&sspn=64.962228,135.263672&t=h&z=16

The backstop behind them is better mapped on OpenStreetMap (a tad more ambitious, mind), if needs be I can get you some photo reference of the lay of the land (it always felt to me like it'd be an awesome place to turn into a map)

http://osm.org/go/eurVd5HG--

I was thinking about adding in a firing range in the north part of the map using abit of ' artistic creativity ' ..... any more picture's you can get of range's would be good help

Looks good so far. Any chance for a winter version?

more than likely ... will get the " summer " one done first and then look into doing other seasons

Mate, this looks great, Now all we need is a miles system, a Mercedes SLK and a BMW z4... I think it was the z4, perhaps a boxster S instead.. either way.

looks excellent

Mate, this looks great, Now all we need is a miles system, a Mercedes SLK and a BMW z4... I think it was the z4, perhaps a boxster S instead.. either way.

looks excellent

Boxter S and SLK i think it was ..... should do a beach landing in a Fiesta too! :cool:

Would be great to port the miles addon from ofp for this.

Very nice! Love small maps like this for some small infantry group action!

Ah copehill too many a long night ive spent there. Ill enjoy this one.

Just a little update on one of the objects ive been doing today ... the famous BP sign! not placed in the right position , just plonked on the map for now for testing.

arma2oa2011072918254295.th.png

Good work there boyo! Bet you got more done today without me pestering you about my map on ts! But yeah looks really good dude!

Looking good, very good infact.... cant wait to start using it!!

Boxter S and SLK i think it was ..... should do a beach landing in a Fiesta too! :cool:

Haha.... Top Gear

for all you non-believers :cool: Edited by VIPER[CWW]

This looks brilliant, will it also have the burger van? ;)

i was thinking about it , but cant find any ref pic's of it !

I'm guessing the DS tower with the night vision CCTV system is too much of an ask? :P I seem to remember an article a few years ago about QinetiQ making CDV for Flashpoint. I don't think it ever got anywhere though.

The burger van was just a generic white burger van in the central hangar as I recall.

little update showing the new Sat Map and the BP petrol pumps. Also a small video showing the transfer from Sat_Lco to ground textures. Also the ' infinite ' textures are more or less seamless ( more of less! not completely )

Video :- http://vimeo.com/27158555

arma2oa2011073017123065.th.pngarma2oa2011073022070377.th.png

arma2oa2011080117045015.th.pngarma2oa2011080117080172.th.png

looks excellent

And let's not forget a Range Rover Sport and a Challenger II MBT...or do I have my training grounds mixed up?

And let's not forget a Range Rover Sport and a Challenger II MBT...or do I have my training grounds mixed up?

That was at the CCDA which is on the other side of the Larkhill ranges to Copehill Down. It's a fair way outside the 5km area Rabidus is working on; unless he plans on artificially translating it closer to the OBUA village.

Edited by da12thMonkey

That was at the CCDA which is on the other side of the Larkhill ranges to Copehill Down. It's a fair way outside the 5km area Rabidus is working on; unless he plans on artificially translating it closer to the OBUA village.

noooo no no lol .. got enough work with this map as it is!

Just a little update on how its coming along

There will be minimal BI Buildings added into the map ( if any ) so 99% of the map will be made just for CHD. I already have 1 two room building 90% done with working window hatches that can be open/closed individually

I will be adding in a small firing range to the north of the map that isnt there in real life but i thought i would make use of the empty field.

Once i have all the buildings and objects complete.. it wont be long till i release it but for now im going to be working on accuraccy and quality rather than just getting it " done " :cool:

I've got the Layout of one of a skills hpuse nicely drawn out if thats or any use to you.

Was going to attempt to do it myslef but don't know where to start.

Map look great so far. A few years ago some guy started to make A Copehill Down map for VBS2 (maybe it's you?).

Jens