Sign in to follow this  
On_Sabbatical

Vehicles armor bug ?

How come that a Metis rocket can blow a warrior in one shot,but can't kill an Apache on the ground ,knowing that apache armor value is alot smaller than warrior's one?

Same for MAWWS which can kill a BMP in one shot,but can't kill Kamov on the ground ?

In editor i shoot M1A1 using another M1A1,result:it disables it but dont explode.

I shoot a T90 with M1A1,the T90 explodes few seconds after,know that T90 and M1A1 have same armor value ?:confused:

I was pretty suprised when I shot a Blackhawk with an rpg and it simply did not give a duck...

I was in a UH-60 and we got shot by a PG7-VR and it blew us right out of the sky.

Well I've shot down tonnes of helicopters using MAAWS and to lesser extent M136. Not so much RPG7 as I tend to play west. But they all went down, as long as I'm able to hit it. And that's what ultimately counts.

The problem isn't that helicopter don't explode, but that most vehicles explode pretty much instantly giving the wrong impression of these weapons capabilities. Quite a few HMMWVs even "survived" direct RPG hits.

Like in the Battle of Mogadishu, 2 Blackhawks were shot down and 3 others damaged by RPG (and probably also some small arms fire). None of which "exploded". What's this damned obsession with blowing shit up? I really don't get it.

Forget the points. It's the objective that matters...

Just go to editor,place an AH1Z,and shoot it with Metis while it's on the ground,if it blows up ...

I'm not talking about experience during MP games,i am talking about a bug which can be verified via simple tests

Edited by Dreahack

I was in a UH-60 and we got shot by a PG7-VR and it blew us right out of the sky.

Really? This was a few patches back I did it... Will check it..

That's a problem that can't be solved in this game. RL a Heavy MG is more dangerous for a light armoured vehicle compared to a RPG. A RPG does not do more damage to an soft target as a cal. 50 BMG round. The problem in A2 furthermore is the hitpoint damage handling and the simple fact that all ATweaponsare way too strong modeled.

Edited by Beagle