Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ArmA 2 OA Beta Build 83110

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[83100] Fixed: Enemy fire no longer reported by units which cannot be aware of it.

[83088] Fixed: Units equipped with NVG no longer turn on the flashlights on their own (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13041)

[83085] Fixed: setMimic working, acceptable mimics are: "neutral", "dead", "danger", "hurt", "aware", "safe", "combat" (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/6638)

[83077] Improved: AI considering threats uphill from it a bit more when planning a path.

[83076] Fixed: Object variable space was not cleared reset between missions (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13620)

+ some crashfixes

nice to see setmimic working!

im hoping to see the empty proxy shooting fixed next.

Nice! And thanks for including the changes in the changelog!

AI in vehicles seen from outside still have laggy movements when turning their heads. When entering the vehicle with them it disapears.

Editor:

Add for example a jackal and preview. Exit it. Look at the AI as they turn their heads.

[83077] Improved: AI considering threats uphill from it a bit more when planning a path.

I think my english is bad, as I don't quite understand what this means. AI will try to avoid taking uphill path?

I think my english is bad, as I don't quite understand what this means. AI will try to avoid taking uphill path?

That's what it sounds like; or they will use cover better when moving uphill?

Thanks so much for finally addressing the setMimic issue. However, I don't see any difference between the states other than "dead", so the bug still mostly remains.

Sounds like that. But I think what it also means is that it will do that when it thinks there are enemies there.

SetMimic work only with black face.

Asian, Russian , Arab , American can only open his mouth. (Mimic "dead")

Thanks so much for finally addressing the setMimic issue. However, I don't see any difference between the states other than "dead", so the bug still mostly remains.

Good greif... FPDR

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

SetMimic work only with black face.

Asian, Russian , Arab , American can only open his mouth. (Mimic "dead")

Uh oh. Better fix that BIS or people will call you racist. :eek:

That's what it sounds like; or they will use cover better when moving uphill?

No. It means AI will better consider which places are covered by a possible enemy fire, when the said enemy is higher than the place in question (i.e. uphill), and should be more inclined to avoid such enemy covered downhill places.

Thanks a lot Suma for your dedication!

No. It means AI will better consider which places are covered by a possible enemy fire, when the said enemy is higher than the place in question (i.e. uphill), and should be more inclined to avoid such enemy covered downhill places.

Meaning the AI will be smart enough to avoid killzones? Yeah! that's great improvement , no more kamikaze AIs! :yay:

Maybe i never noticed (a while since i played as part of an AI squad where i wasnt leader), but i notice now the squad slows down the pace when i lag behind and pick up speed when i catch up. :)

The beta feels great all around. Only thing i notice from casual playing is the already known AI units with their jerky "transition" animations, and the laggy head turns when in vehicles (AI seen from outside in).

And yes i notice some change with AI. For example a lone eAI didnt run into my squad but kept popping out and shoot and then retreat. Took some time to get the bastard. :D

Thanks BIS!

Meaning the AI will be smart enough to avoid killzones? Yeah! that's great improvement , no more kamikaze AIs! :yay:

They should have been always this smart in Arma 2. The fix improves the situation when the killzone is downhill from the enemy covering the killzone. (Sigh: Is it really that hard to read and understand what you read?)

They should have been always this smart in Arma 2. The fix improves the situation when the killzone is downhill from the enemy covering the killzone. (Sigh: Is it really that hard to read and understand what you read?)

Well, like I said, my english is bad, hence i need to reconfirms what I understand from what I read :)

anyway, getting some CTD, trying to locate the crashdumps and send it up.

Thanks for the update!

Since the last couple of betas I've got a feeling that my test battles between AI lasted a bit longer than I remember (but with same amount of firing) and tonight I think I found out why and can't remember me seeing this before...

When a HMG/MG is prone most of the bullets they are firing hits ground ~20-40 m infront of them even when prone on flat ground, see pictures below...

http:\\keycat.dyndns.org\files\A2OA_B83110_HMG-MG_000.jpg

http:\\keycat.dyndns.org\files\A2OA_B83110_HMG-MG_001.jpg

http:\\keycat.dyndns.org\files\A2OA_B83110_HMG-MG_002.jpg

http:\\keycat.dyndns.org\files\A2OA_B83110_HMG-MG_003.jpg

Also saw one of them take cover behind a pole and when he leaned and fired it looked like all/most bullets hit the pole.

Anyone else noticing this?

Also assumes the animations are still work-in-progress since I still experience jerkyness and much less fluid than 1.59 stock.

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Campaigns (ie Blood on the sand) are crashing during or after cutscenes.

Sweet.

But more AI improvements please.

Of course the most important improvement for me would be AI being able to use all those enterable buildings on its own. Like at least engaging from doorways and taking positions on the roof - as there are memory-locations for that inside buildings, the rest of positions may be ignored if it's too hard.

UPSMON does similar things, but it doesn't differentiate between a good position for engagement (doorway/flat roof) and the rest (inside of the room or hallway)

Can confirm setMimic only working for black faces. Considering I can pretty much only observe the effect with a slightly differently located jaw, it's not really that important to me. However, if Arma3 would improve on this, i.e. properly working, more, even weird, mimics (horny, drunk? :p) by using more morphing groups, that could be fun for movies which are important for some.

Can confirm setMimic only working for black faces. Considering I can pretty much only observe the effect with a slightly differently located jaw, it's not really that important to me. However, if Arma3 would improve on this, i.e. properly working, more, even weird, mimics (horny, drunk? :p) by using more morphing groups, that could be fun for movies which are important for some.

Soldiers - horny and drunk - what world do you live in ;-)

Like at least engaging from doorways and taking positions on the roof

I'm pretty sure there are code for this already in, at least I've seen enemy AI climbing ontop of roofs in Takistan.

/KC

Soldiers - horny and drunk - what world do you live in ;-)

Use script to make your guy constant drunk face while in battle. I'd lol.