Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ArmA 2 OA Beta Build 83110

Yeeaah, I can't believe that you adressed the setMimic bug!! Wow! :) Thank you so much BI, I luv you!!!

Setmimic working OMFG *passes out*

EDIT - Awwwww. :( Ah well, next beta!

Edited by CameronMcDonald

The issue described here is AI are reporting targets which are only seen by other units in the same group.

Put an enemy soldier in front of me: my 1Km away subordinate infantry AI didn't report about him. Same with autoreporting=true or false.

Then I've tried the opposite, means, I was the subordinate to AI, as I reported the enemy unit, the shown radio sequence dialog was wrong:

1. "2, Hit that target"
  2. "(alef) Enemy 12 O'clock"

About the nearTarget: the accuracy (element 5) regarding the enemy unit is the same when asked to every unit in my group, even when they are km away. The enemy unit position (perceived, includes judgment and memory errors) is very little slightly different in every unit brain.

Before providing a repro, it's really intended to work this way?

Put an enemy soldier in front of me: my 1Km away subordinate infantry AI didn't report about him. Same with autoreporting=true or false.

Then I've tried the opposite, means, I was the subordinate to AI, as I reported the enemy unit, the shown radio sequence dialog was wrong:

1. "2, Hit that target"
  2. "(alef) Enemy 12 O'clock"

About the nearTarget: the accuracy (element 5) regarding the enemy unit is the same when asked to every unit in my group, even when they are km away. The enemy unit position (perceived, includes judgment and memory errors) is very little slightly different in every unit brain.

Before providing a repro, it's really intended to work this way?

See here for nearTargets accuracy, already told:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1992149&postcount=22

AI in vehicles seen from outside still have laggy movements when turning their heads. When entering the vehicle with them it disapears.

Editor:

Add for example a jackal and preview. Exit it. Look at the AI as they turn their heads.

Fixed in 83522