Sign in to follow this  
Osku

Hiding HUD group markers with an addon

Hi guys,

I'm trying to find a way to disable some of the ARMA 2 OA/CO HUD markers (a.k.a Difficulty settings in the game menus) with a little custom addon. I have figured out they are defined in ui.pbo -> config.bin -> class CfgInGameUI -> class Cursor. So, for those things that I wanted to hide, gave a value of 0,0,0,0, which supposedly made them zero size. That did the trick in singleplayer, but my main goal is to get it work in multiplayer - regardless of the server-side settings.

Is there any way to locally "override" the server/host HUD markers?

For example, if the host has selected Regular difficulty, I could load my game with this addon and play it with a Veteran look. Without the annoying HUD.

wrong place to post this ( should of put it in the editing section )

as far as i know it isnt possable to override server settings ... people would be able to reverse it then and play with easier settings when the server is on veteran mode and essentialy be using a " cheat "

(sorry for the wrong section. Please could moderators move this?)

Yeah you're right, Rabidus. Overriding server settings for one player's advantage is generally bad thing. Just to rectify my intentions: The way I'm doing this doesn't give any chance to do it in reverse as far as I know. Making the values larger than original wouldn't create any new, non-existent markers, e.g. map markers or permanent group info on Veteran difficulty. Only the markers that are already there would get bigger in size.

(sorry for the wrong section. Please could moderators move this?)

Yeah you're right, Rabidus. Overriding server settings for one player's advantage is generally bad thing. Just to rectify my intentions: The way I'm doing this doesn't give any chance to do it in reverse as far as I know. Making the values larger than original wouldn't create any new, non-existent markers, e.g. map markers or permanent group info on Veteran difficulty. Only the markers that are already there would get bigger in size.

I didnt mean you was going to use it to cheat or anything , i see what you are trying to do ... just saying how it could be if it was so easy to do.

No doubt this is do able tho , prob's alot more effort than its worth tho.

@ Rabidus

In fact you would probably not be able to join any of the regular servers with this addon...because regular servers run Veteran mode most of the time and such addon are a portal for cheats. Right now you already have to check first what addons are allowed on the particular server....and that are few usually.

@ Rabidus

In fact you would probably not be able to join any of the regular servers with this addon...because regular servers run Veteran mode most of the time and such addon are a portal for cheats. Right now you already have to check first what addons are allowed on the particular server....and that are few usually.

yep ... thats what i was saying , like i said more hasstle than it would be worth