Sign in to follow this  
fasterthanlight

Air units and waypoints not acting as expected

I created a test on Utes. I have an Osprey that starts in flying, moves NE to WP1, normal speed, then W WP2, then SE to WP3. I told WP3 to CYCLE and the Osprey will now only fly between WP2 and WP3.

I am trying to make it fly a full 4 WP sortie and have it go until the JP-8 runs out.

What is needed to have it change and act the right way?

Also, I do the same with a pair of Cobras, and they stop at each WP even though I have not put any delay on it. ...?

All of them basically, give them enough room to fly through it. A normal waypoint is way too small a point for a plane to hit right on. Osprey are pretty stupid for following waypoints anyway.

What Kylania said and make them around 400-500 meters if not more, I just tested and my 2 cobras never stopped doing circles around Utes.

If you are doing a circle/square you should do 5 waypoints. 4 move waypoints and then place the cycle waypoint directly on top of your first waypoint.

Edited by cobra4v320

They seem to act real stupid when I put a Tunguska in. :)

The Cobras don't know how to fly the landscape, they always hit trees. Is there a way to make them stay a certain height?

Thank you. I thought that was just for starting flying height. This works.

I ended up making one WP and a second with the Cycle. It makes it more random. Also, the 5 WP's don't cooperate with the AA. The choppers seem to adjust the height on each WP. But they do cycle.

Thanks all.