Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

I like the new screen. It gives me the feeling that a storm is coming :) . It really does look more real

It would be cool if you could actually see storms brewing on the horizon, a huge wall of dark clouds headed your way. Perhaps even thunder and lightning fading in from the distance as the storm approaches. :)

yay this pic is representative for the summer we have here in central europe this year :o only the constant rain is missing.

thinking about rain ... pliiiieeees give us true particle effect rain + rain collisions! you cant even imagine how awesome the atmosphere would be in a great battle with these dark clouds and propper rain, in arma 2 i mostly only play on clear day because i dont get in the right mood with that overlay rain.

why is propper rain so rare in video games at all? i remember gothic 1 already had very atmospheric rain + collisions, so it cant have bad performance as reason.

no need to say that maddox idea would be just mind blowing :eek:

Edited by PeterBitt

It would be cool if you could actually see storms brewing on the horizon, a huge wall of dark clouds headed your way. Perhaps even thunder and lightning fading in from the distance as the storm approaches. :)

Then have to move up your attack's timetable as to avoid the approaching storm. It would surely add immersion. :yay:

On comanche pic:

Dat grass. :cool:

Reacted to that as well. :)

so there are new screens on the Eurogamer (see the http://www.eurogamer.cz/gallery.php?game_id=15374&article_id=1384321#anchor )

i have the 4th screenshot in different time and with different clouds so i will release it later so You may see how great the engine looks and clouds can change :)

so there are new screens on the Eurogamer (see the http://www.eurogamer.cz/gallery.php?game_id=15374&article_id=1384321#anchor )

awesome pics ... AWESOME!

i will buy the most powerfull computer ever build in 2012, i need to enjoy this on max settings (for the first time in arma series).

seriously i can not wait to get my hands on this :butbut:

edit: so few comments on this? i think those sticky threads are missed very easy, especialy when you hide them (like i usualy do)

Edited by PeterBitt

And it will be outdated in a month :p

Nice pic's, progress looks good!

Any information from the audio interview which I only managed to catch a couple of snippets?

Any information from the audio interview which I only managed to catch a couple of snippets?

I updated the features list with the info from it .

It will be uploaded end of the week, I wasn't taking notes and cant remember much but we got some decent answers.....

nice new screens, that gangster looks great for a arma character :)

I also love the one where they are hiding in a bush, good atmosphere

I wonder what kind of a weapon is that on the last screen, rail gun?

Lighing seems a lot more advanced, Im looking forward to details.

nice new screens, that gangster looks great for a arma character :)

I also love the one where they are hiding in a bush, good atmosphere

I wonder what kind of a weapon is that on the last screen, rail gun?

Lighing seems a lot more advanced, Im looking forward to details.

Well railguns were confirmed in the interview, but i think someone earlier was mentioning that the model in that last image was some mortar variant (or my reading comprehension went all to hell today). Can anyone confirm that again?

Or is about the rotors\motors\blades to make it amphibious?

Or is about the rotors\motors\blades to make it amphibious?

Propeller?

That's what I assumed.

Propeller?

That's what I assumed.

Same here. Definitely glad to see that though, actually SHOWS how its amphibious.

actually SHOWS how its amphibious.

Not all amphibious vehicles look like they are amphibious. Such as the M113 and M2 Bradley. They do not have any sort of specific propulsion system for water. They only use the propulsion created by their tracks to move forward.

I don't think the shadows on the submarine is a good idear...

http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/arma3new8_16471.jpg

=========

Does the T-shirt imply China although the man isn't easten person?

PS: I think the hands should be more flexible more relaxed.

For the left soldier, will his right eye still can't focus on the optical sight correctly in 3rd person view, like in ARMA2 some big optical sight even will be partially sink into your head? In other word, when aiming, will the soldier's head lean on the stock and the arms will adjust the aiming animation in 3rd person view?

http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/arma3new2_16471.jpg

=========

Can we see RTT being used in the rearview mirro now?

Can the tires be affected by weight?

http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/arma3new1_16471.jpg

Edited by msy