Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

I also remember Altis was released at least one month before being put on stable.

There's still hope. CSAT is a coalition, so it could be a different nation, or at least, I'm hoping it's a different nation with their assets instead of recycled ones.

However, at least they did mention that staging of Apex's content is going to be Dev Branch ahead of time. Content first and then the map I think. They also mentioned Features, but not specific. I hope it's logistics. Though, does anyone remember how soon they staged Altis on Dev Branch before release?

I just hope they keep CSAT style as is. Even though some here are loudly exclaiming that it's bad, I totally dig the style and I can't believe I'm be the only one. If they'd totally change / adjust it now to be more close to what NATO is wearing (which some mods are doing), Tanoa will lose parts of its A3 identity, imo.

Pretty sure we'll see non-iranians this time, just like we've seen chinese soldiers in the helicopter dlc promo screenshots. Then again, this probably would require a truckton of new voice files, though, and I have no idea how hard / expensive they are to create.

• Like 1

I just hope they keep CSAT style as is. Even though some here are loudly exclaiming that it's bad, I totally dig the style and I can't believe I'm be the only one. If they'd totally change / adjust it now to be more close to what NATO is wearing (which some mods are doing), Tanoa will lose parts of its A3 identity, imo.

Pretty sure we'll see non-iranians this time, just like we've seen chinese soldiers in the helicopter dlc promo screenshots. Then again, this probably would require a truckton of new voice files, though, and I have no idea how hard / expensive they are to create.

I also hope we get Jungle camouflaged CSAT with a deeper story line. Secretly I hope it will be the Chinese PLA or the KPA with all that Propaganda rhetoric.

http://www.travelpostersonline.com/ekmps/shops/travelposters/images/north-korean-propaganda-let-s-display-the-heroic-feats-of-our-army-and-people-in-the-stand-off-with-imperialism--8339-p.jpg

I pre-ordered it too. IMHO it's quite a really good price for an expansion (I expected at least €40 or more). €23 (with the discount) it's a great price  :)

Seems fine to me too. Looking forward to the co-op campiagn part. How much was OA on release?I can't remember?

I like CSAT's story. The only think i absolutely HATE, and really think BI should change is it's outdated uniform. It's not only is it out dated in some places, but it's just too baggy. It look like they're wearing multiple pairs of pants that just bunches up near the bottom of their legs. That or their legs are deformed into some kind of blob. Really needs to be cleaned up. I seriously hope they don't use the same CSAT uniform, kinda why given CSAT is a coalition i'm keen on seeing a different nation show up with better, less tacky looking uniforms. I want to see something professional. (no, that's not a Russian pun, stop it. =P)

I like CSAT's story. The only think i absolutely HATE, and really think BI should change is it's outdated uniform. It's not only is it out dated in some places, but it's just too baggy. It look like they're wearing multiple pairs of pants that just bunches up near the bottom of their legs. That or their legs are deformed into some kind of blob. Really needs to be cleaned up. I seriously hope they don't use the same CSAT uniform, kinda why given CSAT is a coalition i'm keen on seeing a different nation show up with better, less tacky looking uniforms. I want to see something professional. (no, that's not a Russian pun, stop it. =P)

I dunno, dude, my ACU pants look like hammer pants. It's entirely possible they just got the wrong size issued. To everyone. Which, like I said, is entirely possible knowing how uniform logistics works.

i assumed they were big and baggy due to having a cooling system built into them + armour

• Like 1

i assumed they were big and baggy due to having a cooling system built into them + armour

My thoughts also, plus they somehow remind me of the russian gorka which seems really baggy compared to many other unofirms.

• Like 1

Because the gorka is not a uniform but an oversuit.

It's meant to be worn OVER the uniform, not replace it altogether (even though it's comfy as hell, and works just as well as a regular uniform), this is why it wears so large, just like the Partizan or KLMK.

• Like 1

It's meant to be worn OVER the uniform, not replace it altogether (even though it's comfy as hell, and works just as well as a regular uniform), this is why it wears so large, just like the Partizan or KLMK.

Well no wonder then, didn't know that!

Well i suppose, but that's more so fitting of cold enviornments (over suit, being worn over uniform). I guess the theory of a cooling unit does make sense, despite it not looking as good as some other uniform options out there.

*Sees a SFC wearing a display iteration of "what a soldier may look like in the year 2032" at a 2012 auto show, sees comment saying "wait 'til the chinese copy this too"*

Trivia: In 2015 there was this display, however much more 'conservative', the associated story noting that "SOCOM officials maintain they are making progress toward the goal of having a working prototype by 2018"... this reminds me of a KOTOR Mandalorian... and for anyone who likes to laugh at how far we thought we would come, does anyone else remember this? (For more "waitaminute", check out the 2010 design to the right.)

lol what?

• Like 3

lol what?

I don't know how to break it down in a simpler way for you, komrade, but they're all oversuits. :)

The CSAT pants (trousers :P) are literally the same as the Arma 2 BAF models, much like how the NATO tops are the same BAF UBACS shirt models (difference being that the BAF ones had the Osprey vests welded to the torso).

So I don't think they're intended as being baggy for having a cooling system, being an oversuit or whatever - they're just baggy

*Sees a SFC wearing a display iteration of "what a soldier may look like in the year 2032" at a 2012 auto show, sees comment saying "wait 'til the chinese copy this too"*

Trivia: In 2015 there was this display, however much more 'conservative', the associated story noting that "SOCOM officials maintain they are making progress toward the goal of having a working prototype by 2018"... this reminds me of a KOTOR Mandalorian... and for anyone who likes to laugh at how far we thought we would come, does anyone else remember this? (For more "waitaminute", check out the 2010 design to the right.)

The reality of that kind of suit, is that it would never be used widely, one, because it's probably expensive as hell, two, it's cumbersome, and three... I honestly think most operators wouldn't want to have to deal with the extra weight and visual restrictions, movement restrictions. In short, it's basically the infantry version of an F-35. Designed to outmatch everything, but is likely to be worse than a regular, highly trained group of soldiers.

• Like 1

*RAP36

as for game mechanics like scope elevation and windage adjustments as well as wind effecting bullets and rangefinders you can turn to ACE3 mod.

in that mode you can enable some advanced ballistics options which will effect the trajectory according to the angle, range and wind.

as for more contemporary weapons - you can use other mods like: CUP_weapons, RH weapon packs and RHS packs.

and as for tactics and situations, a gameplay with a human spotter against AIs or humans in an MP environment will probably give you what you are looking for... there you will be able to implement the thing you've learned in the sniper field guide and the ultimate sniper book.

and it is really depended on the scenario you are in.

Large scale MP missions against AI for example: Patrol Ops, Invade and Annex... (on a serious server).

and of course you could always use the editor to just place yourself somewhere with some pop up targets in various ranges and practice... (just make sure to enable the wind and advanced ballistics of ACE3).

the standard ARMA3 game does have ballistic simulation for bullets but no wind simulation, and the scope adjustments are in 100s of meters and not in MOAs of Mils. (and a mix of fictional and real rifles and scopes).

Thank you for the information! I like to create historical recreations from books, manuals and articles. I find this educational. For example, moving into FFP at night with FLIR, digging in with an initial hide providing cover as well as concealment. I have not seen this done in any YouTube including those created by professed veterans. I have only seen one YouTube where countermeasures are mentioned such as claymores. I would recommend Arma 3 enthusiasts check out Major John Plaster's web http://www.ultimatesniper.com

It dawned on me on my way to work this morning. What have we really been told? What really has been revealed lately? Borderline nothing. The confirmation of the VTOL and LSV have been announced last year. The concept art is not even a prelude to what we may get visually.  In fact the only thing to come out that was new was the Console steered rigid hull rubber duck. Oh and that yet to be confirmed CSAT NAV device on a T shirt.

From reading we will only likely get details-confirmed things that is likely the Q2. So....

this is what an oversuit is though:

http://vasi.net/uploads/podbor/v1612/10.jpeg

Although this theme doesn't have anything to do with development of Arma 3, "gorkas" are indeed oversuits, designed to be worn over regular uniforms. Sort of Soviet hardshells back from the 70's.

• Like 1

From reading we will only likely get details-confirmed things that is likely the Q2. So....

Pretty much what they previously said, actually -- Q1 is almost all (in public) about the push to Eden, while playing their reveals conservatively leaves less ammunition for critics to use against them. :P

Pretty much what they previously said, actually -- Q1 is almost all (in public) about the push to Eden, while playing their reveals conservatively leaves less ammunition for critics to use against them. :P

Yes. No one wants another "Arma 3 will use java" moment.

Yes. No one wants another "Arma 3 will use java" moment.

Or another "Discussion of Axed Features" thread... or "placeholder" footage of everything from F-35s to women to the Kel-Tec KSG to the XM25 to scripted prototype uniform swapping and satchel attaching... Bohemia Interactive may have some more benefit of the doubt in parts of the community compared to, say, Ubisoft's infamous pre-release footage of Watch Dogs versus what was actually delivered, but I imagine that the parallel I'm drawing is an obvious one.

Question: why is anyone looking forward to this new content when you know that just about everyone will mod the shit out of the game and you'll never actually get to experience it?

Looking at ArmA 3 communities I have not seen one that uses vanilla assets. Ifrits? Nah, Humvees etc. because "realistic modern blah blah"...

Don't get me wrong, tropical islands are my thing and if modding wasn't so widespread in this game I would've jumped on this expansion like an American footballer on a cheerleader in the dressing room after a match... uh... yeah...

I am genuinely curious.