Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Why can't there be a middle ground solution? Why does it have to be either retard-proof with magic wheel mouse medication or full blown virtual pushups realism?

I mean, I was being snarky. That'd be awful. Plus I don't want to deal with paperwork... I play Papers, Please for that.

And not a single word on DX12 or further optimizations of this ancient engine...

You know what i just realized? Not a single word on Audio updates at all... interesting...

The latest OPREP is about personal protection and stamina, not about the future of Arma nor RV, that's what the roadmap is for.

Focusing upon the improvement of core features and multiplayer systems, Nexus Update is a vital stepping-stone on our path towardsArma 3 Apex. Before creating new gameplay for this expansion, we want to provide a more robust foundation, investing further in gameplay features such as fatigue and personal protective equipment.

Alongside these refinements, Nexus Update includes new End Game instances and extensions to the mode's functionality. Our objective is to create a solid basis for future MP content, using this mode to optimise shared systems, identify performance bottlenecks, and validate improvements in other areas, such as AI, audio, and animations.

The latest OPREP is about personal protection and stamina, not about the future of Arma nor RV, that's what the roadmap is for.

Yeah i know, i was referring to the Roadmap. It says Audio once, but knowing the current state the sound engine is in, plus the statement given about a pending overhaul, i'm a little surprised they didn't mention it a tad bit more. Also given it's coming with the Nexus Update... I can guess it's not a "true" overhaul, probably just a change of sound sets.

Hm, maybe it is a little odd actually, or it's the under-promise over-deliver no promises until it's certain to happen and all that.

Yeah i know, i was referring to the Roadmap. It says Audio once, but knowing the current state the sound engine is in, plus the statement given about a pending overhaul, i'm a little surprised they didn't mention it a tad bit more. Also given it's coming with the Nexus Update... I can guess it's not a "true" overhaul, probably just a change of sound sets.

I hope you're wrong  :P

• Like 1

The new hit detection seems promosing although still no word on bullets not penetrating launchers and weapons? I was playing some KoTH today, found myself running into a guy with a Navid, emptied half a mag of 5.56 before I died. I'm pretty sure his over sized machine gun stopped all my bullets...

I don't think penetration would happen that much as the bullet fragmenting (until you get to higher calibers). It would still be painful, if not lethal.

Sure but even considering the bullets wouldn't go through, the weapon should at least be fubar. Something should happen anyway, other than the other guy just turning around and killing you like you've been shooting blanks at him all along.

In order to "do something" other than killing, it would have to fall into a sort of range between inflicted pain and death. For example, certain rounds that don't kill, and don't penetrate, should knock someone down, or knock them out temporarily. This could be used to represent shock or sudden extreme pain, as it's not like we can simulate broken ribs and such.

is a mix between real life and game?

I'm pretty sure it's just a real life time lapse with their big toy.

Still no news....

When the hell can we expect informations about the expansion?

What to expect, like new features or units, etc...

BIS has, on the expansion, the same communications manager as Star Wars The Force Awakens or what?

We'll have news 1 month before the release?

... did you not see the roadmap declare that the projection on Apex is Q2 2016? The devs have already laid out the broad strokes of what they're releasing before that; we're hardly in " one month before release " territory.

Any idea if hit detection will be improved after this nexus update?? Currently, when I shoot some, and shoot them again while they are flinching, it does NOT register the 2nd shot. It will only register it if they are done flinching, and you can imagine CQC having hit detection be flawless would greatly improve the game. So any idea if the lessened flinching will make our concurrent hits easier?

... did you not see the roadmap declare that the projection on Apex is Q2 2016? The devs have already laid out the broad strokes of what they're releasing before that; we're hardly in " one month before release " territory.

Yes of course, but still, been a long time with actual news about WHAT will be in the expansion.

About OA for example, we had some screenshots about the new weapons or vehicles, long before it came out.

Is there some Arma 3 tournament going on or do i spoil something? :P Some tournament branch was added 6 days ago according to the SteamDB.

Maybe nothing exists yet...other then a VTOL and a Fast Attack vehicle. :ph34r:

You may be right. The VTOL is probably in early stages. So far, it's some fast attack craft, the VTOL, Ultra Light and Jet-ski for civilians. They said they be willing to show us some stuff soon, so perhaps after the Nexus Update i presume they'll show us some things. Either than or in between Nexus and the Eden Update.

Don't forget the gun that they withheld from marksment DLC.We will see it's debut in expansion.

Don't forget the gun that they withheld from marksment DLC.We will see it's debut in expansion.

Guns*. Last i heard it was more than one.

Guys honestly, the devs. will post relevant news when it will fit their purpose. Remember what happened last time when they overshared info :) ?

• Like 2

No, what happened? (No troll, really can't remember)

ArmA 3 needs a proper shotguns and bolt action rifles - which require some engine work , hopefully it will be in the expansion ...

• Like 2