Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Can we get some screens or video to see it in action?

edit

Nvm. just read in another topic that it basically looks the same as before minus the splashes.

Edited by Minoza

Can we get some screens or video to see it in action?

edit

Nvm. just read in another topic that it basically looks the same as before minus the splashes.

Pretty much, yes. But, as Jay Crowe said on this forum...."It's a WIP" (Paraphrased). They'll improve on it over the next few months. There goal is to get the rain into Altis (release) and then they will tinker with it later.

PS. It's nice to see Ol' Glory on the sleeves of the soldiers. oorah.

Edited by rehtus777
PS

Just saw this video with

.. maybe we could have something like this in Arma 6.

I've been playing around in the editor with the rain. If you put the fog on 25, then it makes it look like it is raining ALL over the map. I was at the Airbase on the far South end of the runway looking North at the control tower with NO fog on and it looked like it was only raining on top of me and nowhere else; Then I put the Fog on 25 and I looked over at the control tower.....ta-da...... looks realistic - like it is raining all over the map. Give it a whirl.

Rain stuff

That's good to know mate but we shouldn't have to do this... WIP and all that.

Godamn those mutiple tabs. Wrong thread.

That's good to know mate but we shouldn't have to do this... WIP and all that.

True....but like I said above, "They'll work on it soon enough." If you're going to make a mission in the editor, then you probably should play with the fog levels. As for the Fog levels....the higher you set the Fog, the more of a downpour it looks like on the map. So, if you set the Fog on 20, it looks like a light rain; if you set the fog on 70, it looks like a hard downpour.

Also, when in the woods, you need to put the fog on about 40-60 to make it look real...IMHO.

Side note: The Thunder didn't sound right....it makes a small crackle and then cuts out...... there is no big "Boom" with a rumble behind it.

Edit: Scratch that on the Thunder Sound....I turned off the rain and I could here the thunder, it sounds great.....I guess I couldn't hear it over the rain very well. I've noticed that when the lightening is close, it just makes a "crackle" sound with very little rumble (like in real life), but when it is further away, it really "booms" with a rumble after it. Now, if BIS could only make a map in Kansas we could have Tornado's with that lightening :p

Edited by rehtus777

We better have a British patch logo for the Brits in the game.

You say that when there isn't even a British uniform in-game. Hopefully the release will have them. It should have them since Miller is UKSF. If they have their own uniform, most likely they will have a british patch.

You say that when there isn't even a British uniform in-game. Hopefully the release will have them. It should have them since Miller is UKSF. If they have their own uniform, most likely they will have a british patch.

The uniform BLUFOR currently have is a very close resemblance to the British Army's MTP.

Unique uniforms are getting less and less important, what matters are the patches. I could imagine that by 2035, a nation-overarching uniform for all NATO forces is brought into services and different armies are identified more by their patches/callsigns/voices/vehicles/weapons and so on than by their uniform type and camo.

I don't want to ruin your discussion, gentlesirs, but would you, please, move it to some other thread as it has nothing to do with dev blog nor reveals? :icon_twisted:

The uniform BLUFOR currently have is a very close resemblance to the British Army's MTP.

Yes, and MTP is very close to Multicam, which is the camo pattern that BLUFOR currently has. To put this on topic, there's been no indication as to what form the UKSF will take in Arma 3. So there's only wishful thinking that can be done about UK flags and uniforms and stuff like that.

Who says Miller is even around in the current campaign(s) as UKSF?

Just saw this video with weather in CryEngine.. maybe we could have something like this in Arma 6.

It's possible to do even in old UE3 so nothing new... but it's heavy on hardware

What happened to the clouds? Even disable clouds look better then ultra setting

:( just watched a dayz standalone video and it has a pretty in depth medical system featuring actual blood types, blood transfusions, actual medical kits with medical items inside and various other features.

Meanwhile Arma 3 has unopenable med kits and FAKs! :(

:( just watched a dayz standalone video and it has a pretty in depth medical system featuring actual blood types, blood transfusions, actual medical kits with medical items inside and various other features.

Meanwhile Arma 3 has unopenable med kits and FAKs! :(

DayZ also is a survival simulator, so that kind of stuff is its core gameplay. Arma is focusing on different things, so a generalized medical system works for it. It is too simple right now, but asking for something even similar to DayZ is complete overkill.

DayZ also is a survival simulator, so that kind of stuff is its core gameplay. Arma is focusing on different things, so a generalized medical system works for it. It is too simple right now, but asking for something even similar to DayZ is complete overkill.

Yeah, in ArmA's speed of play you may not exactly have time (comparatively!) whereas DayZ sort of focuses on that (survival -> living/dying -> healing) as a large chunk (as say, helicopters are to ArmA) of its gameplay.

Biochemical weapons nice ;)

So one hit to those and everyone turns into zombies.

The field manual once mentioned chemical weapons under "oxygen". Don't know if the reference is still there but I guess this was part of the "old" vision of ArmA III

Sort for the long rant but I and a large amount of player care a lot about Arma 3's medical system and the developers want to make it greatly better. Sorry for any spelling mistakes or it being a large wall of text but please read:

The medical system in Arma 3 right now is simplified like your standard fps game. A lot of people would say that the dayz medic system would not even be close to being over kill. There are various aspects which fit dayz and it's theme but things like blood loss, opening your med kit and pulling out a bandaid and some other medical items would be a,axing for Arma 3. The survival idea behind a lot of dayz's medical system fits Arma 3 perfectly for firefight survival. When you engage someone and shoot them in the arms or legs they do to loose or even have the use of that limb altered. We have no blood loss even though a soldiers could have been shot many times in a artery and he just walks over and picks up a FAK and he magically has 75% health, there was no open the FAK and pull out what you need or using a splint to walk again after being shot in the leg. All the developers and large amount of player would love these features to be added. Most would even say Dayz doesn't go far enough with the combat medical system. I would expect the developers are planning features like blood transfusions and openable medical kits and FAKs because even they aren't happy with how bad Arma 3's medical system is. Dayz is on the. VR engine and hopefully the two games could share some of the better features. Just imagine how much more fun a medic would be if you had to identify the problem then treat the problem correctly and either let the soldier continue fighting or get him taken off the battlefield. Or how how much gameplay value is added when you open up your FAK which would be like a basic first aid kit and decide wether you need a medic or could treat the problem and continue fighting. The majority of players would love this system and a bunch would even say it would be too basic.

I hope they make it so you can hear the rain hitting the water above you while your slightly under water

---------- Post added at 22:09 ---------- Previous post was at 22:03 ----------

is the rain WIP? because it looks like its literally raining only in front of my face

I hope they make it so you can hear the rain hitting the water above you while your slightly under water

---------- Post added at 22:09 ---------- Previous post was at 22:03 ----------

is the rain WIP? because it looks like its literally raining only in front of my face

In a word, yes.