Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

The new SABOT rounds look pretty cool. More authentic vs an invisible impact :')

I'm on vacation so could some make a video of this new effect?

As it has been explained, 270km² is the pure landmass. The actually map is 30km * 30km / 900km²

is that bigger than the BF3 metro map? :p

I haven't had a chance to check lately, but have they finally fixed the ladder climbing animation? Currently you just keep climbing in the air when you get to the top, which looks retarded/breaks immersion and is pretty pathetic. I know its a minor thing but it's always bugged me.

Did anybody noticed how well does the mid-distance textures looks right now?

http://www.arma3.com/images/post_images/arma3_gamescom_screenshot_05.jpg (344 kB)

Cheers :icon_twisted: <pettka voice>

BTW I might be wrong and it may not be a mid-distance but anyway it is worth of try ;)

Edited by fragmachine

is that bigger than the BF3 metro map? :p

BF and CoD fans have no idea what a "large map" really is lol! :p

All I could do was LOL at BF3 when they released their biggest map! (I do play BF) ;)

BF and CoD fans have no idea what a "large map" really is lol! :p

All I could do was LOL at BF3 when they released their biggest map! (I do play BF) ;)

yes Bf2 have smaller maps compared to Armaverse but at least playable on MP, in arma 3 have huge maps a bunch of players and no MP,

BTW No "revelations" about the MP? new modes etc

yes Bf2 have smaller maps compared to Armaverse but at least playable on MP, in arma 3 have huge maps a bunch of players and no MP,

BTW No "revelations" about the MP? new modes etc

Omg I posted about this in reply to you before, as well. The community makes the scenarios, not BIS or anything. You clearly originate from a BF background or something as you're under the impression that we are restricted to maybe "TDM", or a new "Tank Superiority" mission, or a "Conquest Assault" that has just been released. No. Go find some missions others have made. You have domination, tdm, deathmatch, rpg, sector control, free for all, KOTH, the list goes on...

There's a fair point though that the public MP scene is mainly dominated by Wasteland, Stratis Life, Domination or Invade & Annex, as opposed to whatever the private MP scene may be running.

Actually, there is a list of BI-created MP missions on the Arma3 launch countdown page. The only new "official" game mode I can see is "Seize" - "Seize Edoris" and "Seize Feres". Judging by the "sector modules" BI has recently been working on, this is probably similar to Battlefield's conquest mode.

Actually, there is a list of BI-created MP missions on the Arma3 launch countdown page. The only new "official" game mode I can see is "Seize" - "Seize Edoris" and "Seize Feres". Judging by the "sector modules" BI has recently been working on, this is probably similar to Battlefield's conquest mode.
i saw, but at least a live footage of this!

Just did some funny thing. My UAV run over it's operator (which was me) killing it (which is me) and then take off and ordered itself to self destruct. But it didn't though :)

Edit: Just checked. UAV been shot down taking off few APCs and i'm still alive :)

Edited by fragmachine

To whomever did the soundtrack for the main menu in todays update... effing awesome work!

I concur, familiar yet new, I'm wondering how it will set the tone for Arma 3.

Sorry but I don't find the soundtrack appealing, like not even a little bit. It would fit back in OFP times I guess alright but in game set in 2035? It just sounds too 90's and when it actually picks up it then suddenly cut's off...No thankyou :(

Sorry but I don't find the soundtrack appealing, like not even a little bit. It would fit back in OFP times I guess alright but in game set in 2035? It just sounds too 90's and when it actually picks up it then suddenly cut's off...No thankyou :(

I disagree, I think it sounds very 2035.

I disagree, I think it sounds very 2035.

I of course respect your opinion, but still sounds too 90's to me :p

Also, the sudden, unexpected cutoff doesn't bother anyone?

Why do i have to switch to the UAV's turret if i want to look around while using the AR-2? Seriously, it's bullshit.

I of course respect your opinion, but still sounds too 90's to me :p

Also, the sudden, unexpected cutoff doesn't bother anyone?

Nope XD