Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

I just realised that the countdown is all over the forums and bis' site. It MUST be something significant... fingers crossed for gameplay video...

Well it can be anything like:

1) new studios or HQ with modern equipment and stylish interiors

2) few new professional devs that are willing to work hard 24/7 just for something to eat + drink

3) new sci-fi looking company cars

:D

or Pettka firing a .50 cal, with one hand.

or Pettka firing a .50 cal, with one hand.
Just one .50 cal?

Lord Ivan is the only one capable of firing more then 1 .50 cal with one hand. If Pettka did that , Ivan wouldn't be so lordy would he.

Imagine the power struggle in the office then :D

But yeah, I still bet we will get that video the devs kept talking about.

But yeah, I still bet we will get that video the devs kept talking about.

Considering all the fuss they're making about it, this video better be good. :D

Considering all the fuss they're making about it, this video better be good. :D

I bet it will be just one screenshot of non glowing cows lol

*Trailer incoming*

Maybe it'll just be one ultra mega glowing cow. :) With a space agey hoofguard on and weight bearing udder vest.

Has it occurred to anyone that they might be announcing a release date? :D

A release date for a release date? But that's madness!

Not quite. I think if they announced that the release date will be announced at some specific later date (i.e. a release date for a release date for a release date) - that would be madness!

Picture a video created on a hand held cam, very low rate compression on BIS site on this reveal day. It has what appears to be Ivan strapped to a chair looking beaten up and tired, with 2 men standing behind him in masks with a piece of paper held in-font of him ... and we get ...

"Hello, My name is Ivan Butchta, I am the Creative Director at Bohemia Interactive, I have an announcement to make regarding out new simulator release named Arma3" .... *pause and head drops down* ... "we are going to introduce hand combat with knives" .....
Then there is a struggle as Ivan tries to pull himself from the chair screaming "nooooooooo" ... and head-butts the script away from his face ... the camera shakes with shouting and ..... everything turns to white noise ..... *silence*.

shocked20audience.jpg

Maybe they are announcing a countdown to an announcement.

Also, FCK! When the countdown reaches zero ill be in an MRI :(

Edited by Angle

Hehe, it just occurred to me, they probably realized how much this community likes countdowns during the ARG. :D

I sincerely hope this isn't another one of those. xD

Yup, I think it's the announcement for the countdown of the announcement for the release of the release date.

Either that or something boring like a trailer, screenshots and/or new information. :p

Also, FCK! When the countdown reaches zero ill be in an MRI :(

Sad to hear. I hope it's nothing too serious.:bored:

I'll settle for amazing gameplay footage showcasing mindblowing new animations and jawdropping super-realistic physics.

I'll settle for amazing gameplay footage showcasing mindblowing new animations and jawdropping super-realistic physics.

That's definately the wrong way!

Keep your hopes as low as possible and then get blown off the chair when they finally show us the new animations system or a different but none-the-less awesome feature :)

Keep your hopes as low as possible and then get blown off the chair when they finally show us the new animations system or a different but none-the-less awesome feature :)

Agreed. It's probably just gonna be something crappy like... hmm...

I actually can't think of anything that's not awesome about Arma3. :D

The netcode? :dancehead:

Any announcement related to the netcode would surely be good, no? It's not like they're gonna say "oh btw. the netcode is still shit". ;)

And in case you've been living on the moon, I am pleased to inform you that the net code is actually being worked on. See recent betas, the dev blog entry on visual interpolation, awell as Sumas posts on the subject. I think it's safe to say it will be better than in Arma2. (Which, admittedly, doesn't mean it will be "awesome", but there is still hope. :D)

I hope it's not "China hacked the website". :p

Maybe a mascot like a little kitteh or googie to distract developers from hard work and evil bugs? :pet5:

A release date for a release date? But that's madness!

no no, you're thinking it the wrong way. Its release date INSIDE a release date.

Inception-leo-simple8-8-10.jpg