Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

wtf it looks like a plastic toy, nor a real weapon.

Same this was once said abt the M16 :)

I've read that post the day it was posted. Still doesn't mean the whole regular branch patch changelog will be there.

The game crashes to desktop all the time for me after the patch. I can play for like 5-10 minutes and after that it just crashes.

Why I still cant destruct glasses of buildings?

The first thing I'd do to ensure I have the latest update is to delete local files off Steam and reinstall the game. I switched between the default and dev builds a lot so I thought that would ensure I got the latest patch.

Since when exactly has this thread become the troubleshooting forum? :confused:

Some glasses aren't finished yet, see spotrep: "Most windows in houses are now destructable"

For anyone wondering, this is the changelog for the new dev build update (18.8MB)

26-03-2013

Changes and fixes merged from Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead beta patches

Command 'stance' now returns more consistent values: "PRONE", "CROUCH" and "STAND"

Ifrit cargo pose added

Fixed: Sites are no longer placing patrol waypoints on water

Logo and tagline splash screens merged

Main menu game and version indicator could overlap

Added: Any mission with description.ext has now loading mission box with "Unknown" text

Added: Unknown author is now displayed also for maps

Fixed: Mission restart now resets reload counter

Added: Loading "continue" save will no longer raise the reload counter

Those beta patch merges should be very interesting! :)

For anyone wondering, this is the changelog for the new dev build update (18.8MB)

Those beta patch merges should be very interesting! :)

What are ArmA II Beta Patch merges exactly?

Yay!

Headless clients came with the ArmA II Beta Patch merges. :) Just released new COOP version of my Whole Lotta Stratis with HC-support.

What are ArmA II Beta Patch merges exactly?

Yay!

it's the OA beta changes http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

be aware that only A3 Alpha development branch has 'complete' merge , stable branch not

Will the AI get any boost from the beta patch content, or is the A3 AI on a separate (thoroughly underwhelming) track?

it's the OA beta changes http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

be aware that only A3 Alpha development branch has 'complete' merge , stable branch not

Sorry if I insist, but is this mainly relevant for modders that get better compatibility or should I give a look to the changelog in the link for new functionalities in ArmA III?

Thanks for the answers anyway!

Yay!

both compatibility and features, see the OA betas changelog

Bloody hell, not working on holidays anymore, internal documentation went on community wiki and I am unable to delete it #fail
Well, actually, it's not even 403 yet - laying still proves to be the best tactics even for leak to remain hidden until disposed ;)

Perhaps there's something we could look for?

Nice find. Looks interesting

There is a new parameter isSplendid to ensure special use of effects and scripts toggled in game by Win + RAlt + S

• Default public setting is to 0 or false

There is a new parameter frameDelay taken out of the engine to set up delay between each frame and to prove optimalization of the engine

• Current setting is to 42 but this may be a subject of change

IsSplendid sounds riveting and damn I knew there actually was ONE button for optimization -frameDelay!!!

{config.cpp}
			class cfgGameState
			{
				isFinished = "Gold"; /// use only for internal purposes
				isSplendid = true; /// use only for internal purposes
				frameDelay = 0; /// don't tweak it too low
			};

After some tests and workarounds in the last hours, I managed to change the settings to those seen above. They seem to be hardcoded in the engine atm but I think I somehow managed it and wow :eek: I can't believe all that stuff was already there! Of course it's not certain wether it's actually legal so there might be trouble incoming but man it's running so smooth at full settings! I think I even see some resemblance to tesselation and really detailed macro destruction like on a brick to brick level. That's what they call "special" effects!? Why are they hiding all of this!? Oh and why are there all of the sudden three maps and six other DLC's listed under the "expansion" menu :confused:

Edited by PurePassion