Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Everyone is trying to get in quick to get their name in the credits.

http://www.pha-media.com/digital-pr-blog/files/2011/12/obama-computer-featured.jpg

His copy was delivered personally ;) https://mobile.twitter.com/KarelMoricky/status/309017367625752577 #vip

Edited by Moricky

Yeah...it's fantastic and great performance too at release!!!

@Moricky

Got the supporters version :cool:

Thanks for that game - i´m out of words...

Regards

McLupo

Edited by McLupo
missed the thread

@Moricky

Got the supporters version :cool:

Thanks for that game - i´m out of words...

Regards

McLupo

Hehe seeing a McLupo out of words is a really rare sight :)

The foliage, visuals, animations (well, most of them), fluiditiy, performance... I was blown away :D

I don't know if it has been noted, but you can actually lower your handgun now! :)

Edited by PurePassion
lower, the word is lower

I don't know if it has been noted, but you can actually holster your handgun now! :)

I was trying this earlier today and looked it up the controls but couldn't find anything. How do you do that??

I was trying this earlier today and looked it up the controls but couldn't find anything. How do you do that??

oh damn that's a bad case of loose translation! :D I meant lowering as in double tap ctrl. My bad! :o

oh damn that's a bad case of loose translation! :D I meant lowering as in double tap ctrl. My bad! :o

Damnit, I was hoping it would be possible because I wanted some "civilians" to carry a pistol but holstered/hidden :)

Hey, check out the

, created in cooperation with Dslyecxi.

It gives us some more detailed shots of new content and is very nice to watch and listen to :) I spotted a

as well. The flare particle effects you can see at 6:57 are superb!

Hallelujah, the Ghillie Suit looks like everything I ever dreamt of! Proper burlap stripes mixed with natural vegetation, combined with a facemask :icon_twisted:

Also massive kudos for initiating this series! It's perfect for showing it around in your friendship group or just generally interested people and explaining them what Arma is about and offers them! :)

Edited by PurePassion

Hey, check out the

It gives us some more detailed shots of new content and is very nice to watch and listen to :) I spotted a

as well. The flare particle affects you can see at 6:57 are superb!

Hallelujah, the Ghillie Suit looks like everything I ever dreamt of! Proper burlap stripes mixed with natural vegetation, combined with a facemask :icon_twisted:

Also massive kudos for initiating this series! It's perfect for showing it around in your friendship group or just generally interested people and explaining them what Arma is about and offers them! :)

Indeed, I hope the series get's picked up by major gaming sites so the masses can get a fell of the series spirit as well.

Hey, check out the

as well. The flare particle affects you can see at 6:57 are superb!

The ghillie suit textures are already in the game. And I think the ghillie suit has hiddenSelections if I'm correct.

Hey guys, opt in the alpha "development beta" branch, recieve the latest update and take a look at the shadows!

Looks like Arma has jittered and blurred shadows! :)

Take a look!

They even have a nice DoF-like effect to it. There are some issues such as small shadow spots being rendered with a black dot inside and it looks jittery on low settings, however I seem to able to run them on "high" now.

Here is a comparison: This is from before with "Ultra" shadow settings and this is after, on "High" shadow settings.

Awesome! Thanks for the information PurePassion!

---------- Post added at 15:11 ---------- Previous post was at 15:07 ----------

The blurriness is affected by the shadow visibility slider.

Hey guys, opt in the alpha "development beta" branch, recieve the latest update and take a look at the shadows!

Looks like Arma has jittered and blurred shadows! :)

Take a look!

They even have a nice DoF-like effect to it. There are some issues such as small shadow spots being rendered with a black dot inside and it looks jittery on low settings, however I seem to able to run them on "high" now.

Here is a comparison: This is from before with "Ultra" shadow settings and this is after, on "High" shadow settings.

O.k pretty new to Steam, where do you go to opt into the beta's for A3..

O.k pretty new to Steam, where do you go to opt into the beta's for A3..

Take a look at Nicholas signature ;)

oh but be aware, it seems like people are having incompatibility issues with MP

Take a look at Nicholas signature ;)

oh but be aware, it seems like people are having incompatibility issues with MP

Thanks..:D

Didn't have my glasses on..:o

I'm not playing mp on A3..

Edit: Job done, thanks Nicholas & PurePassion..

Edited by ChrisB

Hey guys, opt in the alpha "development beta" branch, recieve the latest update and take a look at the shadows!.

1282786204310.jpg?1318992465

Look as though it still has a few oddities but a daaaamn sight better than the soft shadows we had before, and much more natural than the sharp. Looove it.

I hope that it will be optional for interior LOD's too though since right now the driver LOD of the pickup still uses sharp shadows, and curiously the hunter still only has the sharp shadow.

Odder still is that some props still have sharp shadows such as power poles.

Edited by NodUnit

Doesn't help much when the development build fucks up everyone else in MP and makes them spawn as a seagull :P

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/085/444/1282786204310.jpg?1318992465

Look as though it still has a few oddities but a daaaamn sight better than the soft shadows we had before, and much more natural than the sharp. Looove it.

I hope that it will be optional for interior LOD's too though since right now the driver LOD of the pickup still uses sharp shadows, and curiously the hunter still only has the sharp shadow.

Odder still is that some props still have sharp shadows such as power poles.

It seems that some objects are still using (such as players and vehicles) geometry shadows rather than the newer ones (geometry-shadows are more CPU intensive too if I am not mistaken, but the others are more GPU intense)

Perhaps it's related to missing configuration? Btw, have you noted any changes in the LOD transition/levels? I seem to get more low res lods being rendered.

Shadow quality set to ultra with a shadow distance of 80m seems to be the sweet spot, IMO. I really wish we had seperate adjustments for shadow resolution and shadow distance. I've got FPS to spare, let me use them, BI!!!