Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

So much bullshit in this thread, it's glorious. :D

Modding will die? Bullshit.

No more DVDs? Bullshit.

ZOMG always on DRM? Bullshit.

Just read the fucking blog post, people. It's all there.

Another thread ruined by some stupid discussion.

Get over it guys, The developers made their decision.

Lets all look forward to the news that still has to come....

Another thread ruined by some stupid discussion.

Get over it guys, The developers made their decision.

Lets all look forward to the news that still has to come....

Amen to that, but it was to be expected. Hopefully the news about the alpha will come soon (aswell as the alpha itself) and the shit storm will eventually die down...

Modding will die? Bullshit.

So the modding (management, connecting addons eachother, constribution, participation) will be the same as the current method ?

Can you guarantee this?

Modding is significant for the ArmA series, seeing @CTI, BAS, FFUR, E(E)CP, ACE, DayZ, wasteland, DLC's (to name very few), so if it wouldn't be possible as it's now,

it would maybe change dramaticly the communityflow, the character and the dimensions of modding which could result in a totally different product and community as well.

And we all know: modding is the lifeline of OFP/ArmA.

Edited by Raptor

i haven't seen this much drama and false assumptions and predictions for a long fucking while around here...pity

Much overreaction and drama queens. I'm fine with this movement, not excited.

I don't see the problem with the modding and other apocalypse predictions.

@nuxil

What does "us" mean? The tiny Arma2 minority which regularly browses these forums?

I thought the ARMA community was a mature community.

It is. New crowds are visiting rather regularly, though. :)

It is. New crowds are visiting rather regularly, though. :)

I'm talking about how people are handling other peoples opinions.

I'm takling about how people are handling other peoples opinions.

Dunno. There's lots of new users on here right now. Some have cried over these news.

That oughta provoke atleast some of the users here.

In other less tiring and more refreshing news. We get a new backpack!

8g2gej8kwon8nekyuctbmcl.jpg

It's going to have more impact on all of your hundreds of remembered in-game hours than steam!

Edited by AlexVestin

ATTN: For Steam related discussion (and I mean discussion) please use this thread. All future posts re. Steam here will be removed.

Thanks.

Yes, as I said already. LAN multiplayer is possible with offline mode. :) Counterstrike: Source LAN multiplayer already works with offline mode.

ArmA III just needs support for it, but I think the devs are integrating it.

So my statement about killing this game for me was a bit rushed I guess :). And now we just have to wait for more specifics from devs. Oh boy, more waiting. Never wanted to devs MAKE ALL THE THINGS, but now I want them to TELL US ALL THE THINGS:pet13:!!!!

Wrooooong bit, my bad.

Edited by TehXenos
wrong thread

Guys. Please look above and take Steam convo to Steam thread so we can clear this one for actual news and updates. :)

Looks like there gonna be less hackers an (edit) griefers to worry about ingame, suits me just fine ArmA nvr appealed to main stream players fine by me. Just a lil disappointed that all this :major blip" info was over this .. epected more. Just a lil concerned over dev troubles but remeber, remember how it was for ArmA1 was'nt ArmA1 pushed back/delayed 2-3 times b4 release? So nothing new here. Cept Steam part an if it helps protect there product from piracy so be it. If it helps keep hackers out of game, I say about time!

My 2 cents worth. Still patently waiting.

Edited by Nimoes

I understand BISs reasons behind it the latest news and respect the hard choices they have had to make. But at the end of the day with this latest new we will see Arma3 this year.

Also on another point, i as a mod maker will continue to make my Nogovan Armed Forces Mod and i intend to bring the mod of to Arma3.

Is there an announced and valuable reason to preorder/pre-purchase A3? BIS has quite a bit history releasing their "overambitious" projects in "unfortunate" conditions - see A1 and A2.

Is there an announced and valuable reason to preorder/pre-purchase A3? BIS has quite a bit history releasing their "overambitious" projects in "unfortunate" conditions - see A1 and A2.

I think we still need two things before we can make that judgement:

1. The state of the alpha/beta, when it is released.

2. The actual release date.

If the alpha/beta is in bad shape and the release is just a month away... run for the hills! :D

zoog I'm fully aware that "alpha" or "beta" doesn't mean "demo". Guess most people would prefer to enjoy a great A3 demo version instead of getting only a crappy/buggy pre-release version of A3. Hope that makes it clear for you! :)

This thread is specifically for the dev blog & reveals, hence the title ;) Please stop posting Steam/Steamworks opinions/questions in here, they should go to the Arma3 on Steamworks thread.

And that is why we need a Dev Q&A ASAP

Fully agreed.

EDIT: Sorry, above post wasn't there yet when I posted.

Thread: ARMA 3 development blog & reveals =/= Thread: ARMA 3 development blog & reveals - discussion

this thread is for posting updates about the development blog, go discus stuff elsewhere.. damn it!