Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Well, anyway, I hope we'll get some screenshots and informations more often than we had for Apex

• Like 1

I predict A4 as OFP revival game on its 20th birthday.  :ph34r:

Yeeees! I think we all had enough of this future.

• Like 1

Yeeees! I think we all had enough of this future.

But do we really want to go thirty years into the past either? I loved OFP, but haven't we already done that? I'd rather go contemporary with a believable scenario and maybe one which was less US-centric.

• Like 3

But do we really want to go thirty years into the past either? I loved OFP, but haven't we already done that? I'd rather go contemporary with a believable scenario and maybe one which was less US-centric.

while its true that US vs RU is getting old but the proper CWC remake would be ideal for this opportunity
  • Like 1

A little late to party. Though, i guess it doesn't matter, considering that anything regarding Naval assets isn't mentioned. I guess i'm a little salty, but who doesn't like a Jet DLC eh? And Tank DLC? I'm an optimistic kind of guy, so i'm going to say that, if there's not a couple of heavy attack boats in the Tank or Orange DLC, then GG. I've given up completely on something to fill the gap in combat on the water, especially with 3 Vanilla maps all with a heck lot of it, Tanoa with the most strategic water ways, and detailed ports as well. 

I don't understand why people are so fond of naval assets.

They really aren't very helpful.

You know the old joke:

After the war, 2 officers - 1 from the infantry and the other one from cavalry - talk:

-hey, do you know who won the aerial war?

-no. how about the naval war?

:P :P :P

I don´t know if this is the right place to ask, but is there a possibility that Bohemia would react to a petition? If so, i would like to start one, to make the tanks DLC not the last of the DLCs that are coming.

Since the DLCs come with premium content and platform updates, the platform update is most likely gonna fix the broken Tank phsysics( tanks flying around/flipping over). I think this is way more important than jets, wich are working very good and Infantry gameplay which also works good.

The tanks are broken and need to be fixed emidiately. In my opinion, the other DLCs can wait, since they just add stuff.

I don´t know if this is the right place to ask, but is there a possibility that Bohemia would react to a petition? If so, i would like to start one, to make the tanks DLC not the last of the DLCs that are coming.

Since the DLCs come with premium content and platform updates, the platform update is most likely gonna fix the broken Tank phsysics( tanks flying around/flipping over). I think this is way more important than jets, wich are working very good and Infantry gameplay which also works good.

The tanks are broken and need to be fixed emidiately. In my opinion, the other DLCs can wait, since they just add stuff.

Won't work - especially as they already have their plan / roadmap done.

Moreover, the thank DLC is not the only one that will bring new things: the jet DLC will add not only stuff but also new gameplay improvements :)

I'd assume tanks are releasing later on because it will take more time than some of the other ones to get "right."

• Like 1

Arma 4 :D (Arma 4 : Black Flag? Arma 4 : Modern Warfare? )

Surely it should be Arma 4 - Past Warfare?

I don't understand why people are so fond of naval assets.

They really aren't very helpful.

You know the old joke:

After the war, 2 officers - 1 from the infantry and the other one from cavalry - talk:

-hey, do you know who won the aerial war?

-no. how about the naval war?

:P :P :P

Well, it depends on the Naval assets. If we're talking infantry and cavalry, chances are they didn't know that the future of combat in island locations and Archipelago's would include Naval assets, even small ones or simple things like Transport for logistics, vehicle and infantry, as well as attack boats, meaning access denial of Maritime assets of the opposing force as well as difficult to track fast moving waterborne AA/AT, and Mortar systems. =/

• Like 1

Well, it depends on the Naval assets. If we're talking infantry and cavalry, chances are they didn't know that the future of combat in island locations and Archipelago's would include Naval assets, even small ones or simple things like Transport for logistics, vehicle and infantry, as well as attack boats, meaning access denial of Maritime assets of the opposing force as well as difficult to track fast moving waterborne AA/AT, and Mortar systems. =/

You don't win a battle (and hence, a war) with ships nor jets and helicopters.

Only infantry and cavalry can enter the towns and hold the ground.

Naval and air assets can't.

Indeed, they can help to make it easier, but you need men to hold the gound ;)

That's why infatry is called "the queen of battles" :)

Some barges and additional transport or light strike boats would have been a nice addition to Apex, especially with ViV transport. Of course, infantry is the key, but naval assets would be a very important point on maps with that much water.

Some barges and additional transport or light strike boats would have been a nice addition to Apex, especially with ViV transport. Of course, infantry is the key, but naval assets would be a very important point on maps with that much water.

Yes, but I mean: you use them to deploy troops, then what?

It's just that I don't really see the use we could have of them in ArmA.

Even IRL, they're not that useful.

They just provide security (anti-pirates, protecting the aircraft carrier, deploy troops), but then what?

Ok, the French navy did fire at the coast during Libya war, but not that much.

In ArmA, people will probably find that overpowered and will be reluctant to use it (I think).

Yes, but I mean: you use them to deploy troops, then what?

It's just that I don't really see the use we could have of them in ArmA.

Even IRL, they're not that useful.

They just provide security (anti-pirates, protecting the aircraft carrier, deploy troops), but then what?

Ok, the French navy did fire at the coast during Libya war, but not that much.

In ArmA, people will probably find that overpowered and will be reluctant to use it (I think).

Same with cars. Deploy troops from a HemTT/Hunter, and you still have a truck in the mission. You can leave it for later, or destroy it. Or depending on the mission, return to the spawn point and pick up for troops/supplies/vehicles. Or if it's an attack boat, you can patrol certain water ways, for air targets, or position for a mortar attack, and then re-position, or use the cannon as a direct attack mode against coastal defenses, or to retake docks, or to deal with opposing enemy sea combatants. 

We could say the same with helicopters : deploy&leave on a side, overpowered on the other. They're still used a lot. Same for planes, overpowered and optionally transport.

I'm not talking about heavy vessels such as frigate, cruiser, destroyer or so, but at max something like this, and more likely patrol boats.

There would be a lot of way to use them, dodging them in a naval insertion, a spec-ops operation on a damaged and unmovable submarine surrounded by enemy patrol boats, insertion or transport between different island of a map...

We could say the same with helicopters : deploy&leave on a side, overpowered on the other. They're still used a lot. Same for planes, overpowered and optionally transport.

I'm not talking about heavy vessels such as frigate, cruiser, destroyer or so, but at max something like this, and more likely patrol boats.

There would be a lot of way to use them, dodging them in a naval insertion, a spec-ops operation on a damaged and unmovable submarine surrounded by enemy patrol boats, insertion or transport between different island of a map...

We already have the zodiac, the sdv, the armed patrol boats, the divers...

Plus, helicopters and planes are more useful than ships.

Transport, cas, support, recon...

Naval assets will just be on the sea, off shore, doing... nothing but standing there.

Concerning the boat you show and the patrol boats, they already exist.

It's just I dunno how naval assats will improve the gameplay.

• Like 1

Naval adds another dimension thats all. And every new dimension be it indoors, up high, or on the water forces us to consider new challenges -which is fun.

• Like 1

Naval adds another dimension thats all. And every new dimension be it indoors, up high, or on the water forces us to consider new challenges -which is fun.

Yeah, but I just can't see what new dimension can be brought by naval assets.

Short of transport boat with ViV to deploy vehicles on the beaches...

Even IRL, the navy doesn't have such an important part.

Transport troop and gear, ok, but then... nothing more.

Aircraft carriers, ok, but the jets go over there to strike, the ships don't do shit.

Yeah, but I just can't see what new dimension can be brought by naval assets.

Short of transport boat with ViV to deploy vehicles on the beaches...

Even IRL, the navy doesn't have such an important part.

Transport troop and gear, ok, but then... nothing more.

Aircraft carriers, ok, but the jets go over there to strike, the ships don't do shit.

We have rubber ducks and lightly armed boats, not substantial. It's like saying we have a Quadbike and an Offroad armed, and calling it sufficient, and that other things like APC's and MBT's would bring no dimension or that what can't see what opportunities those would bring. In fact, the actuality is the opposite. Think of it this way. What we hope for, is to expand upon what we have for the water. Right now it's not much. A lightly armed Speedboat, no big deal and an easy kill for infantry. A Patrol boat is not. There can be variety that can also challenge Air and ground units with Mortar, AA/AT systems, and provide transportation for infantry and vehicles when there are no aircraft present. Meaning if you're stuck on one of the islands with your new Tank from the Tank DLC, the only way you'd get across to the main island is if you had a boat. Aircraft, or more specifically the Blackfish can't carry such heavy vehicles. However, a medium transport vessel can. I can safely say we currently don't have substantial dimension for Naval assets, because we have minimal.

The Jets DLC isn't just about improving the fixed-wing flight model though. The radar and targeting improvements that it's going to come with are just as important given how many of the existing vehicles, aircraft, and even infantry rely on it.

Anything that enhances the current system beyond tab-lock is perfect to start with IMO.

• Like 2

i hope they add a advanced flight model to the Jets, and more use for controls inside the jet, eg radars/screens. im assuming these Jets are going to be futuristic so might even have some new technologies, guided bombs, stuff like that. a co pilot would also be cool for something like that.  

Overall liked the announcements. Seems devs are taking onboard some of what the community was hoping for with Arma. overall Definitely brings a cautious optimism for how Arma will look this time next year. Personally I'm ready to fund this adventure into the unknown.

Would like to see at least one more navel asset or better still a dlc. and a vtol version of the c130 for transporting these new hopefully more in depth versions of the tanks in that tank dlc. Also Giving the new jets dlc something to protect in the air.

Really looking forward to the new content that will be released in the near future. The jets will be a welcome addition hopefully they tweak the Aircraft model like they did the helicopters.