Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

BIS I FUCKING LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUU~<3<3<3

JETS AND TANKS EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~

• Like 1

Maybe 'Orange' will be the naval assets?

I wouldn't assume that, we would be too disappointed if it's not the case.

Concerning Tac-Ops, it seems to be only playable content, not sandbox assets or features.

--Edit : some estimated dates are available on Steam :

Jet DLC - free, focused on jets ->(Q1 2017 - ETA) (which means March 31st)

Orange DLC - no detailed announced -> (Q2 2017 - TBC)

Malden DLC - free, additional map ->  (June 2017)

TAC-OPS DLC - paid, focus on playable content and authentic military gameplay -> (Q3 2017 - TBC)

tanks DLC - paid, focused on armoured vehicles. -> (TBA)

Just wonder:

they're talking about the new assets, functions, etc...

but what about missions or campaign content?

Nothing, not a hint about it - short of Apex protocol going solo (but it's not new).

Just wonder:

Nothing, not a hint about it - short of Apex protocol going solo (but it's not new).

For Arma's 16th anniversary they're going to Redux all the OFP, A1 & A2 campaigns with support for coop!

Hold on! I've just spotted an airborne porcine on the radar...

• Like 1

Concerning Tac-Ops, it seems to be only playable content, not sandbox assets or features.

Hmm, yeah, I just re-read and you're right. Still, it's early days, they have time to adjust plans for the DLC content based on whatever feedback we give them now :)

So Bohemia - please include at least some engine improvements with this DLC, like the aforementioned grenade throwing, dropping, cooking ...

Hand signals - please!!

I'm know there's more I'd like to see from this DLC, I'm just having a brain freeze.

Just wonder:

Well Tac Ops is hinting at that.

a package of playable content: 'tactical operations' that focus upon challenging, replayable and authentic military gameplay

Replayable would suggest missions/campaign to me?

Personally i would Malden to include other OFP islands too on one map ;)

• Like 6

Jet DLC:

Eurofighter Typhoon, F-22, or F-35 for BLUFOR, T-50, SU-47, J-20, or J-31 for OPFOR.

Thanks DLC:

M1A3 Abrams or PL-01 for BLUFOR, T-14 Armata, Zulfiqar-3, or MBT-3000 for OPFOR.

BIS please. <3

I wouldn't assume that, we would be too disappointed if it's not the case.

I only mentioned Orange being the Naval assets as they cite wanted a combined forces focus in the roadmap. This idea could be hinted at with the understanding the issues around putting large ships into the game and the fact Orange includes stuff being experimented with.

However, my guess is as good or bad as anything else........lol I would hate to start a whisper campaign :)

I would definitely say that the Orange DLC is not a naval pack, since it's described as a "small project" and adding lots of Naval assets would definitely be a large project - certainly more work than Jets or Tanks since you would have to resolve a few engine issues around water and even movement in vehicles.

I would definitely say that the Orange DLC is not a naval pack, since it's described as a "small project" and adding lots of Naval assets would definitely be a large project - certainly more work than Jets or Tanks since you would have to resolve a few engine issues around water and even movement in vehicles.

"Orange" is probably something simple like a new weapon - like the XM25 - or a small new faction at most.

Maybe the Rafale as new plane?

Ad the AMX Leclerc as new tank?

1lmh

Anyway, it will be as usual:

BIS, take my money!

1jnj

• Like 2

"Orange" is probably something simple like a new weapon - like the XM25 - or a small new faction at most.

In fact, on the roadmap it as a visual similar length compared to Bootcamp/helicopter, so it can also be a quite big addition.

Will buy all the DLC regardless but sure do hope Artillery gets some much needed love. A completely redesigned artillery computer that is not point and click would be great. Actually aiming the artillery and using both UAVS and team mates for coordinates would be fantastic.

• Like 2

Maybe, but the XM25 isn't new though? It was in there before early release, but later removed.

The bit about 'interesting new perspective' has to mean something. Taking it literally, apart from civilians, whose perspective on the battlefield haven't we yet seen in Arma?

Infantry, armour, aerial, naval, logistics, eod ... engineering maybe? Though there isn't much call for bridge building in Arma and base building would be either be too complex to implement well (outside of an editor) or far too simplistic.

Maybe signals/command related, but that's too 'mil sim' to be of wide enough interest.

Press/Media - You can embed in a military unit and report from the frontline? OK, not likely to be this one.  :P

Any further thoughts along these lines?

Will buy all the DLC regardless but sure do hope Artillery gets some much needed love. A completely redesigned artillery computer that is not point and click would be great. Actually aiming the artillery and using both UAVS and team mates for coordinates would be fantastic.

Isn't a modern artillery computer point and click in the age of accurate radar terrain mapping and GPS? If it wasn't I'd be seriously questioning the competence of defence contractors (more than usual).

• Like 1

This. Arma has always been centered on infantry with other branches of the armed forces as secondary. Artillery long has, has recently, continues to and will always be an infantryman's worst nightmare. Given the size of most maps in Arma I'm amazed that mortars and artillery don't feature more often. For example, I'll never forget the time that I had to call in an artillery strike on a position ahead of me in the excellent fan-made A2 campaign 100 days. I checked my map, sighted my compass, re-checked my map and then radioed in my coordinates. I then waited nervously as the enemy moved and we took fire. Then suddenly I head a distant CRUMP and watched as the opposite side of the valley began to erupt in tiny explosions. I was so scared that I'd got the coordinates wrong and that I'd end up shelling myself. I felt an odd cocktail of satisfaction and remorse. Now imagine the stress if you were at the controls of your mortar and dialling in these settings using analogue controls!

• Like 1

Thanks, BI, this is more (and longer support) than I expected. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looking forward to it!

• Like 4

Must admit I'm most excited about jets DLC.

And I'm hoping we get (optional) Advanced Flight model for jets, like the one for helicopters.

Also fully working cockpit instruments.

Holy shit, 2017 is gonna be awesome! <3

I wasn't expecting the next road map to be that cool, three years after release... BIS, you rock guys.

• Like 7

+1 on haleks' statement.

holy crap, color me impressed both platform and DLC-wise.

It will be interesting to see how/if x64 will impact client AND server performance ... to say the least!  :)

• Like 2

I'll chip in and also say i am really impressed with all of this news. I kind of thought Arma3 development was winding down and ending-this is a wonderful surprise! Very excited for Jets and the Tac-ops especially.And Malden :D ....And "orange"..whatever that is.

• Like 4

I hope they'll (finally) do the fastrope and the women!

• Like 2

X64 exe's means no more 2 or 4 gb memory cap? I do hope they that naval gameplay is being expanded upon...especially since all maps are pretty much islands in arma 3, malden too?

Besides, from a business point of view it makes total sense to support that platform until a successor is nearing release...better yet adoot a model like dcs where you don't throw everthing away wit each new installment. Which bi does in a away when thinking of all the ported assets from earlier arma games.