Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

BTW, will Bootcamp also merged to the campaign or not?

I don't think so, Bootcamp can be launched from "learn" menu and not only "play" menu. It's not totally part of East wind.

As regards to the new Mocap - Please please please give us more 'Hit' and combat animations! Dont know if you've seen TPW Fall and other mods like SLX that give us fall downs and other type reactions as opposed to the status quo 'Twitch Return Fire'. Things like fall to knees, stumble, slump over, grab wound etc... would go a long way to a more satisfying combat experience.

Cutscene Mocaps are all fine and good but they really only work for backround story telling immersion which soon loses its appeal. Combat animations last forever

• Like 9

BTW, will Bootcamp also merged to the campaign or not?

I don't think so, Bootcamp can be launched from "learn" menu and not only "play" menu. It's not totally part of East wind.

We're planning a fairly drastic The East Wind campaign change in the 1.60 update. For Arma 3's 1.0 release we decided that we needed to split up the campaign into 3 episodes (not counting the Bootcamp Prologue). This also meant that technically these episodes were released as 3 separate campaigns. It's our desire to now finally merge these into 1 campaign for presentation purposes.

They are talking about the 3 campaigns they want to merge, so no.

Will gunsight mandible be detachable?

"The KH-3A Fenghuang is an unmanned aerial drone based on a Chinese design. The UAV adopts the unusual canard layout and is propelled by a pusher engine. This multipurpose drone is equipped with modern tracking and tracing systems, countermeasures and also carries four air-to-ground laser guided missiles."

Not sure if PLA Confirmed? Or only based off of PLA assets...

Chinese weapons are in there - so i guess there is a group of Chinese CSAT in there , probably not the full force ehm PLA

Chinese weapons are in there - so i guess there is a group of Chinese CSAT in there , probably not the full force ehm PLA

Wouldn't make sense. The Vtol, LSV, and weapons are all PLA related after having looked at all of them. Why would only some PLA show up in the Pacific with all that gear? Just doesn't make sense... I also don't see anything about Tanoan forces.

"The KH-3A Fenghuang is an unmanned aerial drone based on a Chinese design. The UAV adopts the unusual canard layout and is propelled by a pusher engine. This multipurpose drone is equipped with modern tracking and tracing systems, countermeasures and also carries four air-to-ground laser guided missiles."

There's also Chinese voices, it seems, so I guess Chines are in.

Although, quite frankly, the description of the UAV sounds A LOT like the one UAV that's already in with three different paint jobs. I bet this is going to be yet another retexture of the same vehicle, which, I have to admit, would be rather cheap

There's also Chinese voices, it seems, so I guess Chines are in.

Although, quite frankly, the description of the UAV sounds A LOT like the one UAV that's already in with three different paint jobs. I bet this is going to be yet another retexture of the same vehicle, which, I have to admit, would be rather cheap

probably, but there is a helicopter UAV as well it seems, which is good news at least one isn't going to be copy pasta.

French voices.

What???

What???

Well, with a "Gendarmerie", and towns with french names, that could be logical.

Yes, but how does he already know??! :o

<Key ID="str_a3_cfgvoice_male01fre0">

<English>French 01</English>

</Key>

<Key ID="str_a3_cfgvoice_male01engfre0">

<English>French English 01</English>

</Key>

<Key ID="str_a3_cfgvoice_male01chi0">

<English>Chinese 01</English>

</Key>

I Am huge Arma fan, enthusiast and player and I was wondering, with all this improvements that you are doing on your new update is fantastic, one thing that's has bothered me since Arma 2 was with all your spectacular lighting effects why you still have not implemented the ability to shoot out light bulbs or street lamps since your game has a lot of night missions and awesome night vision capabilities on your multiplayer and solo gameplay aspects that would benefit the player in becoming more stealthy in the gameplay, your game is an amazing accomplishment in the military simulation universe.  So it just bugs that the player does not have the option of shooting the lights on a night campaign or level to maximize the nightvision gameplay aspect that your game has been renound around the gaming community. My intentions is not to rag on your game but for you to consider adding this feature to your game to make it even better, especially when you have a team ready for action on a night mission and cant shoot a lousy light bulb to keep his stealth. I ponder on this question for a while until I decided to give you guys a heads up since your team is so busy in trying to create an astonishing game.  Thank you for your time and keep the virtual war going on your excellent game that has so much potential.   I am a true Arma player and believer in your virtual world and will continue being so keep it up guys fantastic job on the game so far.

Respectfully yours a faithful gamer.

You can shoot out lights. It just takes too many rounds to do so.

you need to hit the pretty small light bulb, which is not visible in most street lanterns due to the glass they use.

French and Chiness can be realy cool   :)   

Yes but I wonder whether we'll see futuristic French assets.