Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Probably not, but still I expect some news

They talked about the new font. Fine.

Unfortunately I don't think that's probable. They will most probably focus on the Eden imminent release.

Seems I guessed it  :P

So I'm not 100% sure where to shoot ideas, considering I can't make topics anywhere, I have a general idea/question.. I'm not 100% sure if this has been thrown out into the Eden Update but the Arsenal function that was released a good time ago added the garage. Thus allowing you to have options on vehicles such as bags or no bags, doors no doors etc... Would this be something we could POSSIBLY see in a future update to Eden so that it makes life WAY easier to add said asset to a mission?

So I'm not 100% sure where to shoot ideas, considering I can't make topics anywhere, I have a general idea/question.. I'm not 100% sure if this has been thrown out into the Eden Update but the Arsenal function that was released a good time ago added the garage. Thus allowing you to have options on vehicles such as bags or no bags, doors no doors etc... Would this be something we could POSSIBLY see in a future update to Eden so that it makes life WAY easier to add said asset to a mission?

BI devs already said in Twitter that they were planning to add it sometime in the future. 

As a rule of thumb, it is always better to search before asking.  :)

Link to the Tweet

@Kasakia1 Thanks! We did add liveries for vehicles, but full Garage integration is not feasible for this first release yet.

nothing... not even a palm

It was predictable I think. When there's a release they usually focus the SITREP on it the week before the release, the week of the release and the week after it. So it's quite probable that they won't say much about Apex until two weeks.

But after the Eden release they will start to release Apex stuff in the dev branch for us to test. 

I pumped for Tonoa too -but if you think about Eden's a big fuckin deal. Its only cause we get to taste shit early that we get meh but man cant tell you how long Ive wanted a 3d editor -and this is way more fleshed out than I ever expected. Life on Tonoa will be better because of it - as will the well endowed female locals

• Like 3

Too bad. I was hoping they'd do something similar the EA's badass teasers (

)

But even then, that's being too optimistic.

BF4 trailers were hyper-hyping. They were like a girl slowly strip-teasing.

Tanoa will be like a girl that keeps her coat, and hide in your bed as you're in the bathroom.

====== EDIT : I shouldn't post things like that

Are the new shaders and lighting going to still be moved to the Apex update or have they found time to move them into Eden?

In the Video Jay Crowe said that the visual Update is now scheduled for Apex. From what I was told EDen has taken up alot pf their time. I see some the new Sound update has gone to Dev. Not sure if it means all sounds.

For all of those who wanted to know about Tanoa and Apex:

Eden Update introduces several game-changing features that stand to improve the platform for years to come. However, it’s important, too, in relation to our upcoming development plans. With this summer’s expansion, Arma 3 Apex], we aim to deliver the ultimate expression of our team’s dedication to the project; a robust, extensible platform of unrivalled combined arms military gameplay (and beyond!).

Naturally, making complex updates to a live game is no simple matter; introducing them now, months in advance, provides a more solid foundation. Eden’s usability, audio-visual fidelity, and multiplayer enhancements are just the beginning. Over the next few weeks and months - on the #RoadToApex - we plan to roll out additional improvements. We hope you’ll join for the ride!

On behalf of the A3 team,

• Like 2

If there's anything I'm more pumped about than the Visual Update, it's perhaps being able to test drive ULCV's, putting them through rouge turns and slopes, making sure it's Operator tested. Operator Approved.

Oh and ships. There better be ships as good and functional as Hatchet's.

Don't forget tilt-rotors... I hope they work more smoothly than the orthopaedic A2 V22...

• Like 1

There better be ships as good and functional as Hatchet's.

You mean with crippling FPS losses and players falling through them and dying because of the engine? :P

Don't forget tilt-rotors... I hope they work more smoothly than the orthopaedic A2 V22...

Hey hey, woah, the Arma 2 MV-22 was pretty solid. I hope for pretty much the same thing as that, but with armament, as it's the only thing I felt the A2 Osprey really needed. I guess the Air Force isn't wrong to wanted an Armed version of such a versatile airframe.

You mean with crippling FPS losses and players falling through them and dying because of the engine? :P

No. I was referring to Hatchet's MkVSoc. It is by for the most solid ship/vessel/boat (what ever you want to classify it as) ever made in the Arma Engine. Now of course, you can't walk on it while it's moving, but who cares when you can when its stationary? Plus you can transport a large array of assets without any of it falling off due to the Engine, only the manclass is limited, but it doesn't matter when you drive a quad bike, SUV, Strider, or any light car on the back and have it sailed to another location seamlessly without issues. Same goes for stuff like ammo crates, boxes, re-supply kits, and pretty much any small object that's physX related.

No. I was referring to Hatchet's MkVSoc. It is by for the most solid ship/vessel/boat (what ever you want to classify it as) ever made in the Arma Engine. Now of course, you can't walk on it while it's moving, but who cares when you can when its stationary? Plus you can transport a large array of assets without any of it falling off due to the Engine, only the manclass is limited, but it doesn't matter when you drive a quad bike, SUV, Strider, or any light car on the back and have it sailed to another location seamlessly without issues. Same goes for stuff like ammo crates, boxes, re-supply kits, and pretty much any small object that's physX related.

I'll believe it when i see a multiplayer video with waves maxed out. :P

I'll believe it when i see a multiplayer video with waves maxed out. :P

I was just about to consider inviting you personally to join a server to See for yourself... And then I realized I can no longer host servers thanks to the fall of GameSpy. -.-#

So, now that Eden is out, I hope we'll have more news about Apex :)

Full res version of the above image:

http://i.imgur.com/q9MQ9zq.jpg

Hey, those small crates look small enough for an individual soldier to be able to carry. Also, it seems like there's going to be a heck ton of WW2 era wrecks to seek cover behind in the jungle. I wonder, because most of the Japanese fighters were light, and or made of wood. So seeking cover behind them isn't quite the best idea.

I wouldn't get too excited by the peli cases. They're from the Helicopters DLC