Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

This has not been fully implemented in our data yet, but it should provide a gain of performance mainly in urban areas. Existing content will continue to work, but using the new tech will require models to be updated to benefit from it.

Mandatory question: Previous oficial content will be upgraded?

So we got it for free ?

Yes you do. It was mentioned in a SITREP that Supporter Edition owners already own Apex (because it's not a standalone expansion)

Yes you do. It was mentioned in a SITREP that Supporter Edition owners already own Apex (because it's not a standalone expansion)

Ah great, thanks for the info.

Absolutely gonna pre-order it, but I'll wait 'til next week since I'm already waiting on PayPal to restore my balance following the Christmas/New Year shopping binge.

£19.99 at discount seems like a decent price point

I bought Arma 3 on BI's store with a normal Visa Debit card.

Oh thanks for the info, it's on my end then.

Mandatory question: Previous oficial content will be upgraded?

Yes, I think they mentioned that.

A Zodiac... With a wheel... Really? I hope they plan more Vessels of varying kinds. It was already bad enough the Republic of Altis and Stratis, a nation in the literal middle of the ocean, had no real vessels. An Archipelago without vessels would be good enough for a face palm into a coma. However, the Av-130 concept... Despite the stealthed up look, does appear to be promising. Now I can circle around a target and have my gunners going ham. I wonder if it has cargo capacity like the OV-10. Oh and ULCV's. Finally.

I'm confused as to where people are getting the idea that the VTOL is a gunship. All I see is a black line that could be anything. 

ugh - only if it was something like this 

Biggest problem with that -- same as that encountered on the Osprey -- is that if that had been a tiltrotor design, you'd lose forward clearance for underwing stores due to rotor blade length (and I doubt that a synchronization gear) is a viable solution) hence the aforementioned "pilot's side cheek" launch tube, the belly gun, ramp-launched weapons, and so on.

As for the "Zodiac"... it superficially reminds me of this design and the A1/A2 RHIB.

I'm confused as to where people are getting the idea that the VTOL is a gunship. All I see is a black line that could be anything.

The black line is actually a Refueling probe, such as the one found on the CH-53K. I don't think it's armed, but the way it's design sure as hell looks like it should be. XD. (One can dream)

Plus the U.S. Military wanted the Osprey armed from the start, so in a 2035 scenario, it should be armed. Also, judging from the cockpit design, it looks like either A. It's a big ass Cargo version, or B. It's armored or something. No way in hell would a country dwindle their pilots visibility like that.

Hope they add some heavy combat vehicles and not only transport vehicles.

2012080105112368559870.jpg

LAND_EFV_Swim_Side_lg.jpg

Irony: Cut down on half the passengers, a bit of top speed, and sequestration, and the latter made it into service... alongside the former, complete with a 105 mm gun option at the expense of no passenger capacity.
  • Like 1

I'd really like to see at least one vehicle with a minigun on top of it. Even if it's just another Hunter variant.

I'd really like to see at least one vehicle with a minigun on top of it. Even if it's just another Hunter variant.

Kinda getting bored of the GMG/HMG's and small arms 6.5 mini guns. How about sticking a 30mm cannon up top that bad boy? Or even better yet, a handful of different loud outs, consisting of AA, Cannons, ATGM's, etc.

For anyone who pre-ordered, do you see it in your Steam library ? I know it's not released but i expected to see it listed with other DLC content.

We don't even know the entire content and feature list yet, we haven't had any good look at Tanoa either, it's hard to judge if it's going to be worth or not.

Well I have 2.5k hours in the game, I know for sure it is worth it for me :)

But I believe I have it anyway since I had the supporter edition.

I like that first one the most. But, i wonder if they can add hidden selections into them to have the doors modular, but then i wonder how that would effect FFV. Perhaps we could have the ability to dissemble doors live from the vehicle, kinda like in DayZ. That'd be epic. (Arma goals, jkjk, no but really)

I like the first one more because it doesn't look exactly like the Hunter, like the other ones.

The AV/MV-22 thingy, Looks pretty damned sweet. The only thing that bothers be are the wings. I know it's concept art, which is while i'll bash it now. The way the wings are designed, are horrific for a fixed wing aircraft, much less an aircraft that changes from between Heli and Plane. It looks like it sort of curves down, you can see that in the dark area of the wings. The only way that would be ok, is if the wings incorporated flaps, with the frontal part of the wing being able to bend a little, but even then, it shouldn't bend THAT much. Aside form some of the Aerodynamic flaws of the design, it's pretty good. The Engines by the props need work as well,

Dunno why but that lighting seems to be so off on Stratis/Altis , it looks darker and feels less "Greek"

Well, at least that pinky tint is gone.

Couldn't resist:

2famwiV.jpg

As good as the stealth Osprey looks I seriously hope it and the LSV aren't the only toys we'll be getting...

• Like 6

Check your CD keys./licenses Should be in there.

Where would that be ? I can't see it listed

Couldn't resist:

2famwiV.jpg

As good as the stealth Osprey looks I seriously hope it and the LSV aren't the only toys we'll be getting...

No more angry birds please! :rolleyes:

Well they already said about new factions that will be available with the expansion so new factions will need new vehicles of many classes.We might even have new tanks,new gunships who knows?If they are original models like the ones we seen in the artworks i'll be excited.But i'll be even more excited when i see how they will work in the game,if the tank physics problem finaly been fixed,what kind of sounds they will make etc.

Just wonder whether BIS will make others DLC after Apex

• Like 4

1 question: after we redeem the Apex expansion on steam, what happens next? Does it show up in the steam library? Or will we have to wait unti we receive the key?