Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Yeah, I assume that the FIA is using stolen RPG-42s... Not sure why they don't have stolen PCMLs as well.

While I doubt that Bohemia will follow up in detail with the FIA post-TEW, there's the possibility of some double-dealing having gone on at one point... but that's story-wise, while the 'game' reason probably comes down to how the guerrillas have no exclusive classes/roles of their own but rather reuse ones from the military factions, for whom it was the RPG-42 or the PCML. Pity that Bohemia didn't use the post-launch period to give the guerrillas some exclusive loadout, even if it was just to have two versions of the Rifleman (AT) with each having one launcher or the other.

And yeah, I saw the video... Made me start to doubt branching armor after I'm done with the Academy!

Can't be completely dissuaded by one video, but you can use it to make judgments and potential lessons-learned. There's plenty of caveats that have been argued about that video, anything from the specifics of that Abrams (i.e. was it brought up to the M1A2S standard) to crew behavior (WTF was the tank sitting there for) to the tactics (where were infantry to keep the rebels away) to uncertainty over the specific weapon used (though Foxtrot Alpha's Tyler Rogoway claimed that it appeared to be "an indigenously produced Iranian version" of the Konkurs)... hell, it's even a reminder that even Iranian ATGMs aren't all (and don't all look like) Soviet-period kit.

Can't be completely dissuaded by one video, but you can use it to make judgments and potential lessons-learned. There's plenty of caveats that have been argued about that video, anything from the specifics of that Abrams (i.e. was it brought up to the M1A2S standard) to crew behavior (WTF was the tank sitting there for) to the tactics (where were infantry to keep the rebels away) to uncertainty over the specific weapon used (though Foxtrot Alpha's Tyler Rogoway claimed that it appeared to be "an indigenously produced Iranian version" of the Konkurs)... hell, it's even a reminder that even Iranian ATGMs aren't all (and don't all look like) Soviet-period kit.

I mean, it was more of a joke than anything else. I'm aware of the armor the tactics and stuff (if anything, there are rumors going around that it was just an abandoned tank or something that they shot at.)

While I pity the lack of FIA-exclusive loadouts, it's in part because making them would at least would presumably have been far less complex -- even allowing for Bohemia's *ahem* pseudo-modular loadout modeling/config of the Buzzard as demonstrated in the jet sample -- than the mind-boggling variety of technical 'loadouts' which IRL spanned beyond even what A2/OA depicted... at most the "car" sized (4x4 wheel) went up to GMGs/HMGs and the SPG-9 while the Ural (6x6 wheel) could fit a ZU-23, but in real life you had Toyota pickups with Franco-German ATGMs effectively used against Libyan armor... now imagine if the FIA had an Offroad (Titan AT).   :blink:

I hope BIS will release some pics soon to tease the new assets of the expansion.

I hope BIS will release some pics soon to tease the new assets of the expansion.

Waiting so damn impatiently for the Roadmap. That should have plenty to look at, maybe. Maybe not. Who knows. XD

I also want to see where they're heading with the Sound Engine, that is, if they've gotten anywhere at all with it.

Completely on another note..........

Tanoa Flag Speculation guys? I mean that shirt looks a bit to abstract to be a simple shirt design... Why's the extended edition of Arma 3 on top of an abstract t-shirt? https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHrMxH1VEAA4vKr.jpg

Tanoa Flag Speculation guys? I mean that shirt looks a bit to abstract to be a simple shirt design... Why's the extended edition of Arma 3 on top of an abstract t-shirt? https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHrMxH1VEAA4vKr.jpg

The stars could represent the Southern Cross like on some flags in Oceania. It's quite possible that is going to be the flag, maybe without the gaps on the stripes.

I think it's quite probable that it is Tanoa's flag. That or the one of the "Horizon Islands" country. 

Situated in the South Pacific, the island province of Tanoa is one of many that, together, compose the Horizon Islands – an independent island nation with historic ties to both East and West.

Intriguing, considering that Tanoa itself has been declared to be a multi-island terrain, or are we not getting the whole of the Horizon Islands in it?

again a new sitrep, but still no word about the expansion at all....

Intriguing, considering that Tanoa itself has been declared to be a multi-island terrain, or are we not getting the whole of the Horizon Islands in it?

As far as I understand. Tanoa's terrain is just a little archipelago of the Horizon Islands.

Hence we'll have a multi island terrain. BUT it's only a province of the country.

Follow me, just this way. I'll show you to the Hype Boat. Tanoa is in the South Pacific so unfortunately, we are unable to reach it by Train.

Really?

I was hoping to see or read some more details about the expansion sooner than that.

I thought they already made up their minds at least on the features they wanted to add.

BIS has stated in various (SIT)REPS that the roadmap for 2016 will be published in the next fews weeks.

Follow me, just this way. I'll show you to the Hype Boat. Tanoa is in the South Pacific so unfortunately, we are unable to reach it by Train.

10628409_1466253030369124_17653095296735

The tugboat approves.

• Like 1

I wasn't sure where to post this but if you go through Weapons_F's UI files, wow... There's a lot more cut/changed weapons than a KSG and M1014.

For example, different models for the GM6/EBR, an M249, and the SDAR had a rail.

PAwFigT.png

There might be more, idk.

• Like 1

Remember how they mentioned working on two other prototype maps for the Expansion before they chose Tanoa? Do you guys think we'll get the see what those looked like at least? They had a Nordic and Australia typical map. Kinda want to see what those looked like.

Remember how they mentioned working on two other prototype maps for the Expansion before they chose Tanoa? Do you guys think we'll get the see what those looked like at least? They had a Nordic and Australia typical map. Kinda want to see what those looked like.

Probably a heightmap with a simple texture and no new objects, at best some small worked on area's with old objects as placeholders. I doubt it would be interesting to look at.

Damn the link is down =/