Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

You mean earlier access than how people got the Helicopters and Marksmen DLC contents on dev branch before they went live?

pretty much. I assume that we should be able to test the new map, just like we got to test Altis before full release. Oh, i remember it like the other day. 20 FPS hit as soon as you spawned in a major town. XD

I think it would be weird if you could play an island without buying it ,honestly, its really fucking off-putting to know that im buying essentially something that will change a registry value or some number on a steam database(ie: just unlock something), and not the "Content" itself... I think the system worked alright for weapons/uniforms etc, but it would be pretty hard to ignore an island and all its content, probably 3-4 Gb, especially if the buildings and other content are also DLC locked. I dunno, I personally would rather just buy it like a "traditional" DLC... But , BI is going to make tens of thousands of dollars from altis life players buying the DLC to utilize the civllian content, I can assume it will probably become a necessity for some of those servers, so they will probably do their new dlc model.

I think it would be weird if you could play an island without buying it ,honestly, its really fucking off-putting to know that im buying essentially something that will change a registry value or some number on a steam database(ie: just unlock something), and not the "Content" itself... I think the system worked alright for weapons/uniforms etc, but it would be pretty hard to ignore an island and all its content, probably 3-4 Gb, especially if the buildings and other content are also DLC locked. I dunno, I personally would rather just buy it like a "traditional" DLC... But , BI is going to make tens of thousands of dollars from altis life players buying the DLC to utilize the civllian content, I can assume it will probably become a necessity for some of those servers, so they will probably do their new dlc model.

While it's a game with many shapes, it's not catered to one group. So having civilian assets is good, for military modes as well, well at least those with interactive civilians. On another note, BIS needs to money from the DLC regardless. Else they won't be able to make their next title, or update the game further than what it is now. I can see they're doing well, i mean, the water in the expansion looks soooooo much better. Could still use improvements though, like water particle effects need serious work.

I'm pretty sure we will have to pre-buy the Expansion DLC before being able to play in Tanoa. At least that's how BI has worked until now.

On the civilian content, I add it in all my missions, because 90% of the actual ground military missions are fought in inhabited places. And civilians are an important part of warfare, how armies deal with them can change the direction of a war.

Concerning the Arma:Life and other RPG mods players, well... it's IMHO a necessary evil to keep the series alive (no pun intended).

There's already a lot of good mods that provide interesting military content, so if BI adds a good amount of Civilian stuff, I'll welcome it. :)

DarkSideSixOfficial:..So having civilian assets is good...

Agreed completely, I think that BI remembers where their bread is buttered :)

Still wondering though, what features (besides DX12 or whatever) could be coming alongside this DLC anyway??

MistyRonin: I'm pretty sure we will have to pre-buy the Expansion DLC before being able to play in Tanoa.

Sounds fair to me, I just hope that BI wont have some huge nagging colorful map in the menu that we can't use if we didn't buy it.

Bohemia's stated that there's a still military focus, but they won't try to shut out would-be Lifers.
Still wondering though, what features (besides DX12 or whatever) could be coming alongside this DLC anyway??
Well, for starters, they finally achieved a breakthrough so that modders could get ponds going... :D
Sounds fair to me, I just hope that BI wont have some huge nagging colorful map in the menu that we can't use if we didn't buy it.
A recent SITREP basically said that Tanoa itself is behind the paywall.

The water tech is the best we've seen so far.

maxresdefault.jpg

http://img.clubic.com/08079506-photo-arma-iii-tanoa.jpg (190 kB)

0_125300_3d9ab2e0_orig

fhdghjfghjghfj.jpg

And while all we see so far is the reflection and coast improvements, i really hope the water tech goes farther. As in particle effects too. The current particle effects for water, impacts, and boats are just ugly, and boat trails don't stay as long as they should.

• Like 1

If that's an indication that this tech is actually returning for the first time since OFP... ever think that Arma 3's "real" ancestor code-wise is ArmA and not OFP?

it's different technology what he was hinting is that in past it was possible to get some stuff already via custom d3d files ;)

• Like 1

So, a few things.

First, to the right, next to the water bottle we have a VTOL aircraft of some kind, not sure what it is, but unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be the V-280 Valor. None the less, it's a VTOL. I can live with that. (as long as it doesn't look silly "futuristic", even futuristic things have a modern, tangible look) Really cool.

mitDJzD.jpg?1

Ok, next is Chinese writing on a Dev's shirt.

(you can argue that the PLA isn't going to be in the Expansion, but i think from all the building up information on the PLA and China as one of the few Super powers that make up CSAT, and i think for the only country that would get at it in the Pacific with NATO would be the PLA no matter how you slice it) =D

Mandarin_zpsly6ptdzg.png

Lastly, i saw some concept art of a JAS-39 Gripen on the wall at some point, reminds me of how they recorded sounds for a Gripen, but who knows if they used a Gripen engine for some other jet. Would be weird right? Maybe, but it would be sweet if we got a Gripen. Who knows.

Besides that in the Diary on Tanoa, we didn't see much more than what they wanted us to see, we saw about as must as we did in the Trailer PCGamer hosted, and it still looks just as good. Got to see a slight section of the map, a highly detailed proptery in an opening somewhere in the Jungle, and it's starting to look amazing. In fact, the Jungle looks really close compared to real life.

Example:

Real Life

jungle-forest.jpg

Tanoa Jungle

Tanoa_zpskwvqlu4k.png

We'll probably see more when they start to finish the buildings and structures and put together some actual towns and such. Some of the structures already look amazing from what we've seen being worked on, with unique multiple story designs. It gets more exciting. Hopefully we'll get to see what the water looks like in more detail, underwater maybe, the wave tech, or swamps that were mentioned.

First, to the right, next to the water bottle we have a VTOL aircraft of some kind, not sure what it is, but unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be the V-280 Valor. None the less, it's a VTOL. I can live with that. (as long as it doesn't look silly "futuristic", even futuristic things have a modern, tangible look)

Good catch. It honestly looks like a stealthy version of the Osprey with Huron-style enhancements.

The fuselage seems to share the same sharp, harsh angles, even though the nose is still round. The wings are crooked in flight mode (compared to the V-22 which are flat), and it looks like the rotors use a ducted fan design too.

YOydFAt.jpg

Good catch. It honestly looks like a stealthy version of the Osprey with Huron-style enhancements.

The fuselage seems to share the same sharp, harsh angles, even though the nose is still round. The wings are crooked in flight mode (compared to the V-22 which are flat), and it looks like the rotors use a ducted fan design too.

YOydFAt.jpg

Or could it be a militarized Bell XV-15

bell_xv-15_2.jpg

Not sure if the rotors are actually ducted, seeing as how most designs have that circle, in regards to Tilt rotor mock up's. 

Example...

v22.gif

Ok, next is Chinese writing on a Dev's shirt.

(you can argue that the PLA isn't going to be in the Expansion, but i think from all the building up information on the PLA and China as one of the few Super powers that make up CSAT, and i think for the only country that would get at it in the Pacific with NATO would be the PLA no matter how you slice it) =D

Mandarin_zpsly6ptdzg.png

word of he is wearing shirt kanji are, 床 (floor), æ®» (Shell), å…ˆ (Point)

i think it's a funny kanji shirt. no deep meaning.

jeesus...oh hang on.......zoom in on his arse...im sure he just crept out a fart! maybe gas bombs are in tanoa??

some wild specualation going on here eh?

• Like 3

jeesus...oh hang on.......zoom in on his arse...im sure he just crept out a fart! maybe gas bombs are in tanoa??

some wild specualation going on here eh?

LOL, well i mean come on now, you know how Easter egg's are. You never know. Everything is a hint. @.@

latest?cb=20100618194629

I would instantly un install Arma 3. Lol, jk. I don't know man, i just hope BIS doesn't take it too far into the Sci-Fi world. I hope it looks realistic.

(after thinking about it... that would be pretty sick, as long as it doesn't look as fake as the Stealth A-10 and Huron. You know, it needs to look like a work horse in service, if that makes sense... rugged...)

... Ehem... Did a tadd bit of editting...

ENCHANCE!

Enhance_zpsclscf9jz.png?t=1438563869

It looks like a drone or a gunship. Unfortunately, you can tell that it really doesn't have a Co-Pilot/Pilot configuration like the MV-22 or V-280 do. Which leaves us at... Drone. Or gunship... most likely drone though...

ENHANCE!

Enhance_zpsqrrtjwjf.png

Oh and, since no one else thought of it, here is a side shot no one else thought to Enhance.

Did i just say Enhance? Moar!

Enhance_zpswtypxco4.png?t=1438565072

Thanks to darskide enhance you can see that each rotor circl wing frame can move individually.

The little dark blotch inbetween the engine intakes seems suspiciously like the little intake above the cockpits on a Hind. The hull also has a vertical rather than a horizontal arrangement. Pods on the sides for retractable gear and winglets with either rocket pods or individual missiles are also visible. I can't figure out how the wing works for the life of me though...

to me is more like a wallpaper.............

That "Gripen" is concept art for the To-199.

art_jet.jpg

I'm assuming you were talking about this.

Nah, there was another jet picture glimpsed in the video besides that one.