Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

i meant the uniform

Hard to say because we can't see colors.

Thomas Ryan

Revive Scripted Prototype

nice : )

Well you can't go wrong with Ryan that's for sure! :)

Any news/word/info about fastrope? Will we ever get it or not?

There's no official announcement about it so i assume for the time being no.

I'm really, really, really hoping they kept that ace for the upcoming expansion. :rolleyes:

in the gameplay background image there is a new CSAT camo?

Looks to me like regular hexcam. It's probably just the artist. Looks painted, so it's not gonna be all clean and perfectly straight.

I wish they would touch up the uniforms. I noticed that the background looked 10 times better than the in game camo. I guess we'll see all the goodies tommorrow at 17:00 UTC... Which works out the 12:00 PM Eastern Time.

to be picky, they could make a little effort to create the animation where the hand rotates the bipod ;)

to be picky, they could make a little effort to create the animation where the hand rotates the bipod ;)

That was one thing that I was in question before stream, I like BF4 animation of deployment or red orchestra, because it adds that another

layer of immersion and coolness.

But I'm glad that it doesn't just snaps (as zeroing UGL sights) so there is at least that fluid motion ; )

perhaps the reason is that the bipod is an attachment and all the weapons have a different geometry

I was hoping the Bipod attachment slot is also the slot where you can attach UGLs and Foregrips but that doesn´t seem to be the case. So I´m just wondering whether that would be possible in the first place. It would even further reduce the amount of clutter in terms of weapons in the Virtual Arsenal while increasing the possibilitys within a mission.

At 1:02:25. in the stream, they mentioned vehicles that "could have" been added via. Marksman DLC... Wonder why it's "Could have"... Unless they're keeping it secret until release... Hoping it was related to Ultra Light Combat Vehicles, given the addition of MMG's, but it's probably some kinda of "SCUD" style vehicle given the "End Game" Multiplayer mode is based around Intel and a race against time, and we all know what happens when time runs out.

Well, that device likely is already ingame, and was used throughout the campaigns was it not?

read: Earthquake Device.

At 1:02:25. in the stream, they mentioned vehicles that "could have" been added via. Marksman DLC... Wonder why it's "Could have"... Unless they're keeping it secret until release... Hoping it was related to Ultra Light Combat Vehicles, given the addition of MMG's, but it's probably some kinda of "SCUD" style vehicle given the "End Game" Multiplayer mode is based around Intel and a race against time, and we all know what happens when time runs out.
I don't remember BI revealing the M-900 or the Orca (Black and White) before Helicopters' release, so that's a hopeful sign. Then again, it sounds like a case of "race against time" whether or not something ends up in the Marksmen DLC or gets pushed back into the Expansion, which a dev (I believe DnA) said already happened to at least one asset.

Does anyone know anything more than I do about the new ghillie suits?

- Improved model, similar to the DayZ SA ones.

- Different color selections for Arid, Lush, & Arid/Lush

- Some kind of face paint. I really hope it's the kind that goes in the "glasses" slot, but it's probably not.

Also, there's some kind of new NATO chest rig setup for the marksmen or something. It can be seen in the beginning of the livestream before they actually start.

Well' date=' that device likely is already ingame, and was used throughout the campaigns was it not?

read: Earthquake Device.

[/quote']

Hmmm...

Given it's only on the Tempest, i don't see how this could be one of the vehicles hinted. There wouldn't be a NATO version of such a weapon, because they didn't even know what was going on during the tremors. Also, it can't be used in game. But it could be a fast vehicle (Ultra Light Combat Vehicle) or it could be just another version of the Device. Though, having only a prop vehicle would be a major let down.

Well besides the possibility for new light vehicles, or some kind of vehicle, there are new scopes and the long awaited Bipods. Question for the scope's however, is if they can be Zeroed according to their real life counterparts. Also, looks like the CheyTac won't be receiving a suppressor, which is unfortunate. They could have at least given us Black versions of the MK-20 and TRG, given they went with multiple camo's of DLC weapons. Never the less, i'm extremely happy with what i've seen so far, oddly more so than i was for the Heli DLC... and that's coming from Fly-Boy like myself. More excited for an Infantry Focused DLC? GG Bohemia Interactive.

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

Well besides the possibility for new light vehicles, or some kind of vehicle, there are new scopes and the long awaited Bipods. Question for the scope's however, is if they can be Zeroed according to their real life counterparts.
Wouldn't that (adjustable zero) be strictly the ones without numbered hash marks?

Wouldn't that (adjustable zero) be strictly the ones without numbered hash marks?

I suppose, you have a point there. Also, the numbers on the scope appear a tad... big, anyone else agree?

How about this thing? (It's a 9K720 Iskander, a modern Russian short range ballistic missile. Sort of like a modern day SCUD)

Hmn.. How about actually being able to launch a/several tactical missile(s) from that big fat British submarine? (I forgot its name though.. Gives it more reason to be about, other then being a mere prop for looks. (And with the vague hint on something oceanic/sea-ish going on... Well, I'd say it's a slight possibility there.) Modern Pacific-style Island-Hopping anyone? (insert new fictional landmass due to earthquakes going on.. ;))

HMS Proteus (the classname for mission.sqm or scripting purposes is Submarine_01_F), although based on my glimpse of its stats in Eliteness the model is pretty much designed specifically for looks. You could already feign a "tactical missile" launch appearing to emanate from it with scripting though...

Oksman did a pretty cool tutorial you can "recycle" for this:

Use the scorcher and you're good to go.