Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Ah, the Navid looks cool. But isn't the Zafir already a medium machine gun caliber?

Yes , that's the thing

why CSAT needs two types of MMGs? because NATO got own first MMG?

hell the AAF still needs a MMG - they could have used that Navid in Digital camo and in 7.62x51 = woala

Ah, the Navid looks cool. But isn't the Zafir already a medium machine gun caliber?

I think the idea was to give CSAT a mg that fills the role of what the new .338 norma mg does.

The .338 norma bridges the gap between 7.62 and .50 cal machineguns.

What is strange to me is that AFAIK the 9.3x64 brenneke is not at all a flat shooting round so thus it would not provide the same role as the Nato new mg.

AFAIK 9.3x64 is a shorter range catrigue than even 7.62 nato.

Maybe the Navid will offer some sort of weight benefit over the Zafir. It's using a different round also.

I think the idea was to give CSAT a mg that fills the role of what the new .338 norma mg does.

The .338 norma bridges the gap between 7.62 and .50 cal machineguns.

What is strange to me is that AFAIK the 9.3x64 brenneke is not at all a flat shooting round so thus it would not provide the same role as the Nato new mg.

AFAIK 9.3x64 is a shorter range catrigue than even 7.62 nato.

Only if the Navid uses the .300 somehow

---------- Post added at 20:48 ---------- Previous post was at 20:47 ----------

Maybe the Navid will offer some sort of weight benefit over the Zafir. It's using a different round also.

Navid is almost twice as heavy than Zafir :D

Navid is almost twice as heavy than Zafir :D

Maybe in that case, the Navid will be the GPMG and the Zafir will be used by special/recon forces from now on.

Sittin' here without an LMG like.

Marksman DLC: Katiba with drum.

So NATO gets three new guns, CSAT gets three new guns, AAF gets an older version of a gun they already have.

The CSAT MMG looks cool, but I don't get the M14 choice.

Sittin' here without an LMG like.

Marksman DLC: Katiba with drum.

Yeah, they could just add a Katiba drum mag. Then just take a bipod and stick it on the front and there you go.

Yeah, they could just add a Katiba drum mag. Then just take a bipod and stick it on the front and there you go.

Things like this still aren't out of the question. These are strictly new guns that will be DLC locked. Minor modifications to existing guns, like a drum/casket Katiba could possibly still happen without being marketed.

If there are assets hanging around, it might even just take one guy the afternoon to do the model and config it.

So NATO gets three new guns, CSAT gets three new guns, AAF gets an older version of a gun they already have.

The CSAT MMG looks cool, but I don't get the M14 choice.

i do not understand why in a futuristic setting playing in 2035 someone should be interested in a weapon design that is 80 years old. We had this weapon in OFP as the M21 and with exception of Armed Assault in all versions of the game in some way or another.

The logistic chain for each faction is - :butbut: complicated now.

NATO will have from light to heavy:

Pistols in 9 mm and .45, SMG´s in .45, carbines and rifles in 6.5 mm, 2 marksman rifles in 7.62, one LMG in 6.5 mm, one SPMG in .338 norma and a sniper rifle in .338 lapua. Heavy MG in 12.7. No medium MG and no heavy Sniper rifle e.g. for Anti Material.

edit: The .408 of the M320 was missing. This has no APDS rounds for anti-material use at the moment.

CSAT will have pistols and SMG in 9 mm a revolver in .45, Carbines and Rifles in 6.5, A marksman rifle in 7.62, A marksman rifle in 9.3. One MG in 7.62, one MG in 9.3. Two sniper rifles in 12.7 ??? Heavy MG in 12.7.

AAF will have pistols in .45, SMG in 9 mm, carbines and rifles in 5.56, a marksman rifle in 7.62, LMG in well at the moment 6.5 mm, a sniper rilfe in 12.7 mm. tank mounted MG in 6.5 mm, Heavy MG in 12.7.

NATO will have to support about 7 different ammunition classes, CSAT 6 and AAF 6.

edit: Actually NATO has to support 8 ammunition types with the M320

I am not really unhappy with the chosen weapons but the arsenals of the factions look not planned and selected top down like in real life. I would have expected more long range sniper rifles and hope for an update on the new Ghillie suit that was mentioned. I hope it can be combined with a backpack as the sniper rifles included are mainly light enough to be combined with other equipment.

Edited by wolf359

@wolf359 I'm not understanding the balancing either. CSAT seems to get all the big toys when it comes to MGs, with the 7.62x54 and 9.3x64

NATO will have from light to heavy:

Pistols in 9 mm and .45, SMG´s in .45, carbines and rifles in 6.5 mm, 2 marksman rifles in 7.62, one LMG in 6.5 mm, one SPMG in .338 norma and a sniper rifle in .338 lapua. Heavy MG in 12.7. No medium MG and no heavy Sniper rifle e.g. for Anti Material.

M320 LRR is acctually .408

If there are assets hanging around, it might even just take one guy the afternoon to do the model and config it.

If there were Arma 3 assests available for us to edit bar the samples I'd go ham on that.

M320 LRR is acctually .408

yeah sure you are right the .338 is for CTRG and the .408 was missing. Perhaps we get some armor piercing rounds like CSAT has for the Lynx for the M320 as well.

How does one fit a drum mag on a bullpup rifle?

Ask the Chinese, they're perfect at doing that.

Although, i still can't understand why CSAT get's the HK-121! It's a German gun, and respectfully should have gone to the AAF, given the Geopolitical assets already in game. AAF have mostly European gear, that of which the HK-121 would have kinda fit in nicely. Who knows though, it's Artwork, and not final, at least that's what we can all assume.

If there were Arma 3 assests available for us to edit bar the samples I'd go ham on that.

I'd do so much with A3 samples. Man, I'd sacrifice my dog to the sun god for that chance.

Varsuk MLRS, BTR engineer, different turrets on vanilla assets... RAILGUN TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK.

---------- Post added at 22:49 ---------- Previous post was at 22:48 ----------

How does one fit a drum mag on a bullpup rifle?

Brits did an okay job.

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/452908434327582804/FA4B591A16D252FE6B9D7EADE8F16FEAA94EACC3/

I hope that CSAT and the AAF share the MG5. It's a damn sexy piece of German engineering.

Unrelated, "Navid" commonly means "bearer of good news" in Persian. à¹_à¹

Good news = Navid

Bad news = Mar 10 (CTRG's new rifle)

â—‰_â—‰

If you think of the HK-21 in use or used by a few ME nations. The thought of them upgrading their weapons and going back to HK and buying up a few MG-5's, then being taken over or joining CSAT. It seems a bit more logical to see how the MG5 ended up being used by CSAT.

Also, it's kinda funny how a lot of people asked for more classic style weapons, they get one and now they're up in arms about it. <sigh> (Not pointing the finger at any one person in this thread mind ;) )

Iran has a weird selection of guns I believe they even make their own mg3s.

If you think of the HK-21 in use or used by a few ME nations. The thought of them upgrading their weapons and going back to HK and buying up a few MG-5's, then being taken over or joining CSAT. It seems a bit more logical to see how the MG5 ended up being used by CSAT.

Also, it's kinda funny how a lot of people asked for more classic style weapons, they get one and now they're up in arms about it. <sigh> (Not pointing the finger at any one person in this thread mind ;) )

Not up in arms (at least not me), i'm more of the kind that questions factions recieving weapons out of their Geopolitical scale. Than again, as stated above, due to some ME nations using it, and eventually joining the Canton Protocol, i suppose that makes sense then. Still in favor of AAF sharing it with CSAT however, as a say... Mutual agreement on arms.

Also in favor of not having a perfect Hex-Cam paint job on every single gun. <.<

I think it would make more sense if the AAF were to keep their M14 EBR they have now, and the FIA would get the new old M14 (I mean the original real M14, just the new M14 in the DLC). It would make sense seeing as the old Altis government was very small before the coup and most likely had old surplus weapons such as the M14. Then after the coup the new AAF would have got newer generations of the M14 from NATO and stuff.

Also in favor of not having a perfect Hex-Cam paint job on every single gun. <.<

Haven't you heard? CSAT officers inspect their subordinates' weapon paint jobs with protractors. More than 1 degree off and the whole squad has to parade around carrying Porta-Potties over their heads.

Government-issue stencils!

And then I have to repaint these guns back to black. -_-