Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Well, the animations were simply one of the reasons. Chortles nailed the other on the head. Though, if they ever decide to add in shotguns later because there's nothing much else to do, they could always go MAG fed over shell reload.
I believe that Matt Lightfoot admitted the lack of shotgun prioritization specifically in response to people pointing out the "depict mag-fed shotguns only" solution. Considering that BI was already willing to depict a world without AKs or M16s/M4s, it seemed inconsistent to not use the same train of thought to excuse the omission of individual-shell shotguns.
Gah, true. I couldn't mind something vanilla like say, the LCS-2 Demonstrator size, or maybe a custom BIS made version that's a bit smaller, and is capable of re-arm/repair/fuel (supports). But as you said, it's best leaving out Naval assets until better Engine possibilities are discovered in terms of out at sea movement. There would be no sense if one can't do Naval like things out at sea, with Naval things.
To be clear, my position is that BI has done both "boat as tactical vehicle" and "ship as platform", the latter in a way reproducible by the community both with porting as I did and with community-made models as used in Nimitz... but even at MK V SOC size (I emphasize that because of how 17%-shorter-than-the-series'-longest-BI-made-vehicle is the "short" end of your ship categorizing... no pun intended) a crew/passenger solution is basically necessary if you want to represent a vessel as both at once to a quality consistent with A3-debuting features such as the sling-loading, FFV, and weapon resting implementations compared to prior mods.

From latest Report in

I have noticed the bipod attachment slot in the UI > http://arma3.com/assets/img/post/images/report_in_programming_3.jpg

and this one http://arma3.com/assets/img/post/images/report_in_programming_5.jpg - dunno if it has to do with bipods?

So we just need another "sight" slot, so we can combine 2 different sights, e.g nvg and acog

I believe the last screen comes from a debug interface the devs use.

Yes, new attachment slot :bounce3:

Dev branch

2015-02-28_00001_zpsthyc1prr.jpg

Their build

report_in_programming_3_zpskq01pgmb.jpg

Anyone else notice the items on the left? And Ondrej's words "a certain not-yet-announced gear mechanic that will simplify weapon manipulation"

Looks like we'll finally be able to take weapon attachments directly off of weapons on the ground.

Also from the reveal:

We are currently working on extending addons that can contain only one file into larger mods that can contain many other files inside. This should allow community authors to use Steam Workshop for all of their content. The feature is in the last phase of development and should arrive in dev branch soon.

I wonder if that means communities can just repack more mods into an all-in-one package and use steam workshop for distribution, maybe with custom privacy settings too.

I'm hoping that since the Marksman DLC focuses on ranged weapons systems, and since were getting new attachments, i hope they finally add in our long lost Cheytac Intervention Suppressor, along with a really sick sounding FX sample for it. :icon_twisted:

I'm hoping that since the Marksman DLC focuses on ranged weapons systems, and since were getting new attachments, i hope they finally add in our long lost Cheytac Intervention Suppressor, along with a really sick sounding FX sample for it. :icon_twisted:

I'm still rooting for a remington msr in 300 winmag

CSAT DMR looks like Modernized SVDK
Whereas my first thought was "SLR 2035?!" As for the NATO MMG, the outline made me think of a M240/M249 mash-up, but what did you find so "Nice!" about this choice?

the outline made me think of a M240/M249 mash-up, but what did you find so "Nice!" about this choice?

Because the SPMG isn't Mash-up , it's the real LWMMG

The (Miley? :D) Cyrus looks like a mash up of an FAL and an SVDK.

Now there should be just another MMG and a sniper rifle left to reveal, am i correct?

Now there should be just another MMG and a sniper rifle left to reveal, am i correct?

Yes , probably there won't be any bolt-action :(

let's summarize it

CSAT - Kir and Cyrus

NATO - SPMG , Mar-10 (CTRG) and ??? Sniper Rifle

AAF - EMR and ??? MG

Edited by RobertHammer

Yes , probably there won't be any bolt-action :(

There better should be.

Is that a gas block/piston I see sticking out on the Cyrus' front end? Not such a good idea when designing a weapon, but other than I like the Eastern FAL look its got.

There better should be.

yeah, something like a M40 or GOL for AAF, that would be awesome.

Is that a gas block/piston I see sticking out on the Cyrus' front end? Not such a good idea when designing a weapon, but other than I like the Eastern FAL look its got.

I think their Cyrus is based on this > http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/swd_modernized_05_x_resize-tfb.jpg

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/img_2018_resize-tfb.jpg

Cyrus uses the svd skeleton stock and different magazine

The posture of the soldier holding the MMG in the artwork is different from the ones with rifles; Is that something?

The posture of the soldier holding the MMG in the artwork is different from the ones with rifles; Is that something?

Whilst it would be nice (read: awesome) to have new, lower holding animations for MGs, its a little early yet to jump to conclusions over some artwork/renders.