Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

I was going to say England/the UK but you beat me in the "Homeland Bashing" :D

We ain't your "homeland" mate ;) Only joking.

Flood of beer in temple bar, though :drinking2:

Any self respecting Irish man knows to stay away from there. 14 euro for two pints of cider in one place.

We ain't your "homeland" mate ;) Only joking.

What I meant was "I was going to type England" but saw you'd already bashed your homeland, so figured, "I'm not going to turn this thread into a thread where people just list where they're from :D"

Anyway, we're going off on a tangent here...

2 new weapons been revealed

http://arma3.com/assets/img/challenge/02_arma3_marksmen_NATO_DMR_8mUMYpjI.jpg

http://arma3.com/assets/img/challenge/03_arma3_marksmen_Mar10_CTRG_DMR_ucHsB4Kx.jpg

1st weapon is obviously the SIG SG 751 with a AR stock (I knew that weapon from OPREP been the Sig rifle :p)

2nd weapon looks like a big AR platform in .338 caliber - it seems to be based on Noreen Bad News .338 rifle

Edited by RobertHammer

Looks like posting on all of the Arma 3 Forums i know actually worked out decently, in combination with a little nerfing of the statistics. XD

On a more serious note, that CTRG rifle looks crazy big for a man that small. Lol. Well, it is artwork after all, i doubt it'd look so dis proportionate in game when it's finished up nicely.

Personally I like them, although it would be nice if we will get something with higher ammo count that 30. Something like HK90.

I find them really ugle :(

The bigger one is interesting. It won't look so, awkward when it has attachments on it. The Sig naturally looks nice though, in my opinion.

Nice looking gear methinks!

No wonder the percentage didn't rise if the free weekend players are also counted ;)

There isn't any percentages anymore, but a number of people to be reached.

I found the first one to be more like a hybrid between the galil and FAL, the second one.... Thats a tricky one maybe they created that themself but the stock was in my opinion to big looked like the ricle was made twice as big as it should be

I must say though, the ASP-1 Akina (Kir) is still one of my favorite designs from them thus far. Wonder why they changed the name though. Hmmm...

Investigation mode activated below!

Turns out, there's a mountain pass called Akina.

http://www.zhutek.com/photos/alpinetour/images/image080.jpg (202 kB)

In the peaks of Mount Honshu, Japan.

Japan is a very, wet enviorment, opposite of Greece's dry Mediterranean climate. Here we go guys, to Asia!

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

Isn't it rather based on the SIG 556?

It's both - because it uses modern parts from SIG 556 DMR but that's only in 5.56

and the SIG 751 SAPR is the true 7.62 irl

Isn't it rather based on the SIG 556?

It's both really. BIS' Mk-1 EMR is to the SIG SG 556, what the SIG SG 751 is to the SIG SG 550/SG 551.

The SG 556 is fundamentally a semi-auto SG 550 with a magwell for AR-15 STANAG-type magazines. The SG 556 "Classic" looks more similar to the original 550 upon which it is based, but in recent years the US subsidiary of the company did some changes to make it even more similar to an AR-15 platform by changing the buttstock and fore-end to have the sort of capabilities that AR-15 shooters are used to. Nowadays, SIG USA just straight-up make AR-15 variants.

You can see that the Mk-1 EMR merges the SG 751, a 7.62x51mm versions of the SG 550; with the idea behind SG 556 in that it's using AR-10 magazines and the newer SG 556 furniture, where the original SG 750/751 used FAL magazines.

Buttstock is a CBS+ACP buttstock made by CAA of Israel.

Edited by da12thMonkey

Hmm, noticed that the MAR-10 have rail system on the end of gun. Wonder if there's going to be some new attachments that would utilize it.

I'm keep asking that myself.How are bipods gonna work

Quotes: "Old weapons should be made ready for bipods with as little effort as possible, and at the very least not be broken."

http://dev.arma3.com/post/sitrep-00092

This sniper rifle doesn't have built in or attached Bipods

http://arma3.com/assets/img/challenge/02_arma3_marksmen_NATO_DMR_8mUMYpjI.jpg (3358 kB)

so does that mean that Bipods will be only built in or actual attachments?If they are attachments

where will they fit?

That makes bit more sense:

To clear up any uncertainty, we approach Deployment in 3 ways: with a (de/attachable) bipod, with a bipod that's (permanently) part of the weapon, and with no bipod at all.

All weapons can be modified, but not all weapons are equally modifiable; i.e., attachment slots (for bipods, suppressors, etc.) are defined by the compatibility of the weapon itself: not all weapons has every slot enabled; not all 'attachments' are necessarily removable.

Hope that helps!

Edited by enex

If I remember correctly in the weapon resting feedback thread all weapons will be stabiliseable, even without the bipods, but the bipods offer a greater boost to stabilization.

Otherwise, those rifles look way too big to be in 7.62 NATO and .338. Also noticed the markings on the Mk-1 have Mar 10 on them, which is probably placeholder. Good looking guns, definitely.

If I remember correctly in the weapon resting feedback thread all weapons will be stabiliseable, even without the bipods, but the bipods offer a greater boost to stabilization.

Otherwise, those rifles look way too big to be in 7.62 NATO and .338. Also noticed the markings on the Mk-1 have Mar 10 on them, which is probably placeholder. Good looking guns, definitely.

Or March 10th, possibly a release date? ;)

Or March 10th, possibly a release date? ;)

Good one, but i'm betting Dev Branch release for testing on March 10th, with official DLC release not too long afterwards.

Investigation mode activated below!

Turns out, there's a mountain pass called Akina.

http://www.zhutek.com/photos/alpinetour/images/image080.jpg (202 kB)

In the peaks of Mount Honshu, Japan.

Japan is a very, wet enviorment, opposite of Greece's dry Mediterranean climate. Here we go guys, to Asia!

*Remove sunglasses*

But really though

Edited by Gutsnav